• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFPs pwn INTPs

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do Nemo and CC know each other in real life?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So are ad hominems a sign of the strongly logical?

I'm assuming from the tone of your post that your argument is because of my "weak logic" I am incapable of understanding logic. It seems more like a personal attack than a logical claim.
I didn't form my post as an "argument", it was intended more as guidance. I'm also sorry for being condescending.

Truly logical cases take long to construct. The applicability to real world might be weak. The reason lies in the difference of the object's essence and it's definition. This difference - or error, if you will - can be avoided in strictly abstractly constructed systems, like in prepositional logic and set theory, but it's essentially unavoidable in non-constructed systems whose details we are not completely aware of, like humans. The same applies to constructed concrete objects, to some extent.

The error also comes in simplified statements, like that "cars are powered by engines and steered with a steering wheel". As it is, the statement doesn't seem TOO bad. But juggle it a bit, analyze, tear it apart, connect it with others - and you end up with absurdities. The error between the stated and the reality becomes more pronounced the more phases you add to the logical construction.

A statement pertaining to real world is most likely anthropocentric, colored and tinted according to our culture. It's a great error to take such statements as premises to some logical system we expect to be faultless. Sure, the logic can be applied, but the errors are inevitable. We can do all the logical work perfectly, but the logic won't do much good for us there. It's completely acceptable to logical rules for cars to fly and cows to speak, unless otherwise defined. Sadly, there's so much to be defined as to make strict logic virtually unusable in the real world. It does a great deal of good in computer science, though.

So, the inerrant nature of the logic is lost when the premises differ from the objects it describes, and the errors in such scenarios become more pronounced the more we handle the data. This doesn't happen with precisely defined concepts of symbolic nature, but it does with fuzzy concepts. Moreover, we need a great database of human situations to give food for the logical method to arrive at any real world conclusion. Such method would be best described as folk logic, or something other than mathematical logic in the least.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
X_____X

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

heart is not the author of this thread!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The usual logic experts use in their respective fields is applied logic. It involves fact-checking and reasonability checks in every phase. This requirement of reasonability makes the logic not strict, as absurd results are invalidated with ad hoc counterarguments. This fits the human situations better, but it depends strongly on human execution, and as you very well put it, Kiddo - it's just as good as the person doing it.

But that's some humanized form of logic. The mathematically defined logic, like prepositional logic, or some close relatives - set theory, computability, arithmetics - can be inerrant. So, perhaps you were right in the other thread that we should define the concepts we are talking about :) Sorry for any personal attacks again. It's been a hell of a day.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Zergling is an INTP because he is making me go...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

X_x

nemo

Enneagram
<3
^ I've tested as an INTP before! :huh:

Do I have that effect on you?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENFPs tend to be emotive in person and it's very difficult to be emotive when you're typing. I know I'm not very good at it. I tend to go a bit over the top at times (or I deliberately hold myself back, becoming very, very dry).
I've got a same kind of issue. I fool around in the RL and find it impossible to enjoy being silly, funny and social while typing, so I go for the other thing I want - being technical, analytical and serious.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^ I've tested as an INTP before! :huh:

Do I have that effect on you?

That's got to be the one of the best pick up lines I've ever heard.

Points for you my good man.

Oh wait -- no more points without the green boxes. :doh:

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
What is "logic" and why is it held in such high esteem? Furthermore, why attack one type for a flaw that is obviously not related to a specific type, but is instead a personal problem. This thread is one step below BlueWing criticizing ENxP types for being Megalomaniacs and should be locked.

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
Animals don't have the internet. That's one thing that literally separates us from the animals.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
We are animals. I don't get why people don't think humans are animals :dry: