User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 160

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

  1. #131
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Avoid conflict at all costs? I disagree with that. Avoid unnecessary conflict at all costs, maybe.

    that seems like either an F thing,
    or just a healthy person's principle
    T's like to discuss ideas, and even argue their point; perfectly rational

    but when it becomes tyranny vs. tyranny
    or in an F's case, manipulation/ victim mentality vs. poor unsuspecting soul
    irrational behavior is at hand, or afoot

    I N V I C T U S

  2. #132
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post

    that seems like either an F thing,
    or just a healthy person's principle
    T's like to discuss ideas, and even argue their point; perfectly rational

    but when it becomes tyranny vs. tyranny
    or in an F's case, manipulation/ victim mentality vs. poor unsuspecting soul
    irrational behavior is at hand, or afoot

    Maybe I'm not an F then. I find it both amusing and annoying when a 'poor unsuspecting soul' is manipulated.

    What is deemed 'necessary' is obviously subjective, but everyone has a point where they'll find conflict to be necessary.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  3. #133
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Maybe I'm not an F then. I find it both amusing and annoying when a 'poor unsuspecting soul' is manipulated.

    What is deemed 'necessary' is obviously subjective, but everyone has a point where they'll find conflict to be necessary.
    yep
    what we think and what is are twain different sometimes
    I N V I C T U S

  4. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    41

    Default

    k. for the past couple of days i have been corresponding via email with my ex-landlord who is a real jerk.
    i have to make an intensely concentrated effort to be careful of what i say to him.

    what i really want to do is bombard him with all my feelings about his wrongdoings against me. it feels right to me to express my anger and hurt. like screw having to prove that i am right, just saying my piece is enough for my ego and soul. and maybe that will make him see the error of his ways since i would be standing my ground by remaining genuine to my instincts. like he is going to re-think his view of the situation since i feel sooo strongly that i am right.

    that is never going to happen.

    i cant let my feelings rule me in this. they will have no affect on him, at least not in a way that is beneficial to his opinion of me. i need to prove that i am right with facts and figures, just being righteous is not enough.

    often i can accept my own irrational behaviour with the excuse that "it felt right". but this time i cant cloud reason with my emotions. and it is so hard for me to put my feelings aside and act rationally.



    oh yeah and targo is definitely an enfp.

  5. #135
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    A: Your definition of logic is wrong.
    B: Logic is only a system.
    C: Systems can only produce correct outcomes if they have adequate inputs.
    D: I have never suggested that logic is "physical". It is an abstract system.

    Therefore, logic is subjective, because it is a system, and a system is only as good as the people who us it, and people are subjective entities.
    This is one favorite idea of the weakly logical. Unable to study the logic in question, they can't find where the fault is, and blame an erroneous outcome randomly on both the process and the person. I'm sorry if you can't do any better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #136
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    I have been said to be logical by INTP so that should prove it!

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    See, I too agree that I am a feeler primarily, but things that feel right to me, are rational, and end up being logical as well.

    Things inherently make sense to me, and sometimes, depending on my mood, I'll choose to logically explain my self, and sometimes I can't be bothered to take the time to linearly explain myself.

    Whereas logicians will suffer through each and every step, I am comfortable at, and with, skipping a few.

    My math teachers/profs *hated* the way I solved many of my math problems, skipping steps, yet still managing to arrive at the correct answer.
    Excellent post!
    I can be logical too but most of time I'm just random because I just am. I think being logical is a bit boring and too time consuming and tiring. And when my mood is not right I really cannot be logical. I'm not primarily logical.

    I was very similar in math. I came up with the right solution but I didn't always know how I knew it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    N dominants aren't rational. N's are, by their nature, not rational, since they are not realists.
    According to theory N is irrational function.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Well... being ENFP does not imply being emotional (which implies excess).
    Yes, according to the MBTI theory F refers to evaluating events and circumstances according to values. So, F is not about being emotional, it's just making decisions based on your values and importance of things.

  7. #137
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post

    enfp's avoid conflict at all costs........... even online. They also have a lot of tact and diplomacy

    just sayin take it as you will remembering I am an older enfp
    I think it's mostly due to the age of ENFP.
    I have certainly been more argumentative when I was younger. I was living my Te development.
    These days I'm pretty much what Trago describes, 99% times avoiding conflict.

    I was wondering is it more difficult than normally for ENFP accept/believe that others who claim to be ENFP's are really ENFP's? Are ENFP's suspicious by nature?

  8. #138
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    This is one favorite idea of the weakly logical. Unable to study the logic in question, they can't find where the fault is, and blame an erroneous outcome randomly on both the process and the person. I'm sorry if you can't do any better.
    So are ad hominems a sign of the strongly logical?

    I'm assuming from the tone of your post that your argument is because of my "weak logic" I am incapable of understanding logic. It seems more like a personal attack than a logical claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  9. #139
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    CC is definitely an ENFP. I know because of my stalkings.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  10. #140
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    ^ nemo

    And targo really didn't catch the fact that I was being ironic.

    She was being confrontational, i.e. addressing conflict, in her post while accusing me of being confrontational, while asserting that such a trait is *not* exhibited by ENFPs.

    And for anyone who doubts my type, go right ahead, I think it's cute.

    :rolli:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?
    By seeker22 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. [MBTItm] former ENFP becoming INTP? maturing?
    By hermeticdancer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFPs and INTPs
    By deepthought in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Who am I?? INFP, ENFP or INTP??? Please help.
    By Ernesto in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO