First 31112131415 Last

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Ok, but why get angry? Where does that emotion come from? What is it's purpose?
    I think AvereX explained it quite nicely, I agree with his description.

When I see someone getting hurt, it hurts me, and when I see someone get intentionally hurt by someone else, it angers me.

I hate bullies, bullying, and "meanness". These things anger me to no end! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

have we already stated that emotional iq takes part in being more level headed
    or more rational about things, cuz we all get upset sometimes
    even if just a little

as Ms.LeChique just said

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I *know* when I am being incoherent, thank you very much.
    and to do so,
    we can prevent ourselves from doing something hurtful to ourselves and others
    at least ideally
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I used to think I was super logical until I became a math major. INTPs pwn me, hard.

I don't really know what definition of logic people are using here, so I'm not sure how well I've followed this thread.

But I don't see why there'd by any controversy to an ENFP being logical. I think the NT-NF difference isn't so much the use or utility of their logic, but rather how it's internalized.

Actually, In many ways I think proper use of logic is more a function of intelligence/education than anything else.

Logic is an important step in justifying yourself, but I almost never put it at the front of my thought process. Whenever I try to, it destroys my creativity and imagination.

But again, I've been gone all day so I'm not totally sure WTF is going on.

I will cross-post this from nightning's blog:

LOGIC, n.
    The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding. The basic of logic is the syllogism, consisting of a major and a minor premise and a conclusion -- thus:
    Major Premise: Sixty men can do a piece of work sixty times as quickly as one man.

Minor Premise: One man can dig a posthole in sixty seconds; therefore --

Conclusion: Sixty men can dig a posthole in one second.

This may be called the syllogism arithmetical, in which, by combining logic and mathematics, we obtain a double certainty and are twice blessed.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I used to think I was super logical until I became a math major. INTPs pwn me, hard.

I don't really know what definition of logic people are using here, so I'm not sure how well I've followed this thread.

But I don't see why there'd by any controversy to an ENFP being logical. I think the NT-NF difference isn't so much the use or utility of their logic, but rather how it's internalized.

Actually, In many ways I think proper use of logic is more a function of intelligence/education than anything else.
    Are you trying to say that smart people are more rational than dumb people?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Are you trying to say that smart people are more rational than dumb people?
    I think smart people "properly use logic" more than dumb people (reread my post).

I won't directly answer your question until you define "rational." I sense a trap (Admiral Ackbar and everything) involving some weird definition of rationality.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Are you saying I'm trying to twist the meaning of your words? That's preposterous.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post

have we already stated that emotional iq takes part in being more level headed
    or more rational about things, cuz we all get upset sometimes
    even if just a little
    Surprisingly, no, we haven't.

Having a high EQ is a salient feature of ENFPs, and many NFs I'd presume. And by having a high EQ, you are absolutely right, "we can prevent ourselves from doing something hurtful to ourselves and others."

edit: there are other ways to arrive at this end, however.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Surprisingly, no, we haven't.

Having a high EQ is a salient feature of ENFPs, and many NFs I'd presume. And by having a high EQ, you are absolutely right, "we can prevent ourselves from doing something hurtful to ourselves and others."

edit: there are other ways to arrive at this end, however.

if only some of us could see past our own perspective
    well,
    more than the 20 people that consistently do

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi_Hendrix

I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
    EDIT :

and you are home when you say that such an end can be reached via several paths
    just as each type is capable of being ______, but from their xxxx approach,
    cuz we all interpret the same things, in seemingly different ways
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    enfp's avoid conflict at all costs........... even online. They also have a lot of tact and diplomacy
    Avoid conflict at all costs? I disagree with that. Avoid unnecessary conflict at all costs, maybe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, I am very confrontational by nature, granted, not with everything, lol.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles