User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 160

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

  1. #121
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Ok, but why get angry? Where does that emotion come from? What is it's purpose?
    I think AvereX explained it quite nicely, I agree with his description.

    When I see someone getting hurt, it hurts me, and when I see someone get intentionally hurt by someone else, it angers me.

    I hate bullies, bullying, and "meanness". These things anger me to no end! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  2. #122
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default


    have we already stated that emotional iq takes part in being more level headed
    or more rational about things, cuz we all get upset sometimes
    even if just a little


    as Ms.LeChique just said


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I *know* when I am being incoherent, thank you very much.
    and to do so,
    we can prevent ourselves from doing something hurtful to ourselves and others
    at least ideally
    I N V I C T U S

  3. #123
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    I used to think I was super logical until I became a math major. INTPs pwn me, hard.

    I don't really know what definition of logic people are using here, so I'm not sure how well I've followed this thread.

    But I don't see why there'd by any controversy to an ENFP being logical. I think the NT-NF difference isn't so much the use or utility of their logic, but rather how it's internalized.

    Actually, In many ways I think proper use of logic is more a function of intelligence/education than anything else.

    Logic is an important step in justifying yourself, but I almost never put it at the front of my thought process. Whenever I try to, it destroys my creativity and imagination.

    But again, I've been gone all day so I'm not totally sure WTF is going on.

    I will cross-post this from nightning's blog:

    LOGIC, n.
    The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding. The basic of logic is the syllogism, consisting of a major and a minor premise and a conclusion -- thus:
    Major Premise: Sixty men can do a piece of work sixty times as quickly as one man.

    Minor Premise: One man can dig a posthole in sixty seconds; therefore --

    Conclusion: Sixty men can dig a posthole in one second.

    This may be called the syllogism arithmetical, in which, by combining logic and mathematics, we obtain a double certainty and are twice blessed.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  4. #124
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I used to think I was super logical until I became a math major. INTPs pwn me, hard.

    I don't really know what definition of logic people are using here, so I'm not sure how well I've followed this thread.

    But I don't see why there'd by any controversy to an ENFP being logical. I think the NT-NF difference isn't so much the use or utility of their logic, but rather how it's internalized.

    Actually, In many ways I think proper use of logic is more a function of intelligence/education than anything else.
    Are you trying to say that smart people are more rational than dumb people?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  5. #125
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Are you trying to say that smart people are more rational than dumb people?
    I think smart people "properly use logic" more than dumb people (reread my post).

    I won't directly answer your question until you define "rational." I sense a trap (Admiral Ackbar and everything) involving some weird definition of rationality.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  6. #126
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Are you saying I'm trying to twist the meaning of your words? That's preposterous.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  7. #127
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post

    have we already stated that emotional iq takes part in being more level headed
    or more rational about things, cuz we all get upset sometimes
    even if just a little
    Surprisingly, no, we haven't.

    Having a high EQ is a salient feature of ENFPs, and many NFs I'd presume. And by having a high EQ, you are absolutely right, "we can prevent ourselves from doing something hurtful to ourselves and others."

    edit: there are other ways to arrive at this end, however.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #128
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Surprisingly, no, we haven't.

    Having a high EQ is a salient feature of ENFPs, and many NFs I'd presume. And by having a high EQ, you are absolutely right, "we can prevent ourselves from doing something hurtful to ourselves and others."

    edit: there are other ways to arrive at this end, however.

    if only some of us could see past our own perspective
    well,
    more than the 20 people that consistently do


    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi_Hendrix

    I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
    EDIT :

    and you are home when you say that such an end can be reached via several paths
    just as each type is capable of being ______, but from their xxxx approach,
    cuz we all interpret the same things, in seemingly different ways
    I N V I C T U S

  9. #129
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    enfp's avoid conflict at all costs........... even online. They also have a lot of tact and diplomacy
    Avoid conflict at all costs? I disagree with that. Avoid unnecessary conflict at all costs, maybe.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  10. #130
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Yeah, I am very confrontational by nature, granted, not with everything, lol.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?
    By seeker22 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. [MBTItm] former ENFP becoming INTP? maturing?
    By hermeticdancer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFPs and INTPs
    By deepthought in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Who am I?? INFP, ENFP or INTP??? Please help.
    By Ernesto in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO