User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 160

Thread: ENFPs pwn INTPs

  1. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Sorry to butt in here, but it depend on what you mean by logical. I would say ENFPs are much more characterized by their intuition which they can mistake for logic.
    Great minds think alike

    I just posted a thread in the philosophy/spirituality section asking "what is logic?"

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  2. #112
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Sorry to butt in here, but it depend on what you mean by logical. I would say ENFPs are much more characterized by their intuition which they can mistake for logic.
    Sure, I'm much more characteristically "intuitive" than, "logical", but that's not what this thread is about.

    Intuition and logic are *not* the same thing, not at all, duh.

    Not only do I have a deep respect and love for logic, but I use it as a linguistic/mental tool in order to assess information and ascertain knowledge.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #113
    Member Electric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    entj
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Hahahah you ENFPs crack me up by your responses. It's true that ENFPs can be logical in a way similarly to how ISFJs can be logical through training, but they are not logically sufficient in a sense. ENFPs are better sticking with their intuition which they sometimes do think is logic. Check ygolo's "what is logic" thread as I've just written a post there that might be entertaining.

  4. #114
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    It's true that ENFPs could be as logical as anyone else, but you often confuse your feelings with coherent arguments.
    Uh, no!!!!

    I know when I am being all fluffy-feely, or overemotional, and during these moments, I am *never* thinking...Wow, I am making a coherent argument, right now.

    I *know* when I am being incoherent, thank you very much.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #115
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Nobody is completely secure. If someone is ever able to push another person's button to make them angry, they are pushing a self-esteem button. The resulting hostile response is from their ego. You can think of ego as an emotional firewall with offensive capabilities.
    Yes, you are right that nobody is completely secure, but I disagree with your view of anger being a sign of personal insecurities, because that is not always the case.

    ENFPs, myself included, may actually get angry when they view/observe an external injustice.

    When I see someone being mean to someone else, it makes me angry, and that anger has nothing to do with my self-esteem, nothing.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #116
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    ENFPs, myself included, may actually get angry when they view/observe an external injustice.

    When I see someone being mean to someone else, it makes me angry, and that anger has nothing to do with my self-esteem, nothing.
    Ok, but why get angry? Where does that emotion come from? What is it's purpose?

  7. #117
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I don't think logica/rationality/emotion have to be separate from one another. Like it's a give and take that the more 'rational' you are the less emotional you have to be. It's such a reductive take on things and sets up an adversarial stance when it comes to your own personal resources -- like there's not enough to go around and something has to give.

    I think I'm pretty rational and logical or whatever the adjectives are that describe being able to see things accurately and for what they are and what would naturally follow from Step A to Step B. But regardless of my perception of things, I prefer to live based on my feelings, my intuition, my gut.

    I make lots of decisions that one could argue "don't make logical sense" -- but even the most logical and rational person can have their decisions dissected and argued every which way for 'not making sense'. I know that and I don't care. I do what makes me happy. I think everyone wants to be happy in their life, regardless of type.

    For some people being the most "logical" or the most "rational" gets them the biggest slice of cake in their eyes and personal satisfaction. For some people, letting their emotions flow freely and even engulf them makes them feel alive and personal satisfaction. Whatever floats your boat.

    I think perhaps one reason, as others have already alluded, that ENFP gets a rep for not being as logical or rational (at least on this forum) is simply that most of the ENFP members here don't really care to win any logic contests or need validation from an NT (especially the obnoxious ones) in a 'debate'. At least I don't. In this case I think it's more a matter of not being interested in playing the game rather than being definitively logical or rational.


    And an odd fact: I am half-Asian and an "okay" driver, neither good, nor bad, just decent, lol. (It's in my blood)
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #118
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Are smart people more rational than dumb people?

    (someone already said this, in a different light)

    we are all idiots and geniuses
    sometimes the difference is unintelligible

    the only difference of the two, that i see
    is one is in general, aware of when he is one or the other
    and does not seek to proffer it to the world in an arrogant way,
    but for others to learn from
    both one's mistake and one's accomplishment

    any additional ideas ?
    I N V I C T U S

  9. #119
    Earth Exalted Thursday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE
    Posts
    3,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Ok, but why get angry? Where does that emotion come from? What is it's purpose?

    Its called principle and empathy
    just a T would stop someone from making a logical mistake in a theorem,
    an f or in this case NF would get belligerent about moral inequity

    Voila,
    pancakes
    I N V I C T U S

  10. #120
    Member typo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post

    (someone already said this, in a different light)

    we are all idiots and geniuses
    sometimes the difference is unintelligible

    the only difference of the two, that i see
    is one is in general, aware of when he is one or the other
    and does not seek to proffer it to the world in an arrogant way,
    but for others to learn from
    both one's mistake and one's accomplishment

    any additional ideas ?
    Or as Oscar Wilde is quoted: "I have nothing to declare except my genius."

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP and INTP Magnetic Pull?
    By seeker22 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 03:58 AM
  2. [MBTItm] former ENFP becoming INTP? maturing?
    By hermeticdancer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENFPs and INTPs
    By deepthought in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 08:46 PM
  4. Who am I?? INFP, ENFP or INTP??? Please help.
    By Ernesto in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO