• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] You might an INFP if....

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
* you realize you are painfully self-aware, and can quickly play out in your mind each possibility your words and actions will have on another, or a group. You also know how each of them will feel and respond to these things. *
you are deeply moved by nature. You could be hiking with friends, and stop to catch a scene so brilliant you almost cry, the sun straining through autumn trees at sunset, highlighting the magnificent vibrance in the gold, orange, and pink changing leaves. It occurs to you that you too, are part of this cycle. Your body and mind will wither and die. But you are okay with it, and only hope that your energy may someday be used to create this scene again.
* You were that one out of ten children that could actually be enterained by MR. Rogers! (also an INFP) And while all the other little monsters were busy ripping apart the couch, sneaking into cookies, and smashing tonka trucks into eachothers frontal lobes, you'd sit quietly and happily in observation of his nerdy sweaters and goofy grin, wondering if you'd ever get to see inside the fantasy castle. You ALSO liked Oscar the Grouch, and couldn't figure out why all those other annoying charactors wouldn't leave him the hell alone. Especially Grover.

bold: that's definitely more ENFP. although as it involves Ne/Fi, I'm guessing both types are probably good at it
underlined: that's INFP? I'm gonna have to consider introversion again. before I became a christian (at age 11), I was basically a nature worshipping pagan

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
bold: that's definitely more ENFP. although as it involves Ne/Fi, I'm guessing both types are probably good at it
underlined: that's INFP? I'm gonna have to consider introversion again. before I became a christian (at age 11), I was basically a nature worshipping pagan

Well, I'm not really sure. I've got a few agendas going here. 1) The INFP's will either relate or not, thus helping my E/I confusion, 2) If I am an INFP then maybe some of this stuff will help others current/future confusion, and 3) I'm fucken bored. =D

But as to the bolded.. well, this charactoristic is strong in me. Probably one of my greatest strengths. So if INFP's don't relate.. i could very well be an ENFP with kick-ass Fi.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I'm not really sure. I've got a few agendas going here. 1) The INFP's will either relate or not, thus helping my E/I confusion, 2) If I am an INFP then maybe some of this stuff will help others current/future confusion, and 3) I'm fucken bored. =D

But as to the bolded.. well, this charactoristic is strong in me. Probably one of my greatest strengths. So if INFP's don't relate.. i could very well be an ENFP with kick-ass Fi.

the strength of the first 2 functions is usually not a good indicator of type. my Ne and Fi are both ridiculously high and lots of people, especially over 30, will have equal strength dominant and auxilary, some people will even have a stronger auxilary function than dominant function (I think this might actually be the case with me, unless I'm INFP)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
The dom and aux thing are interesting. I've heard this said before, but also heard that there is typically a good difference in the dom and aux strengths. :shrug:

Can you give me any (preferably concrete) examples of how you use tertiary Te?

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You feel bad for killing a chirping cricket that's been bugging you for three days.

I cried... :cry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't kill crickets. It's bad luck. I carry them to an outside location and set them free.

However, I do kill spiders and roaches. And I swear I still feel a twinge in the moment that they die.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't kill crickets. It's bad luck. I carry them to an outside location and set them free.

However, I do kill spiders and roaches. And I swear I still feel a twinge in the moment that they die.

It was temporary insanity.

Three days!

I even got a knife and slowly cut its head off.

Then it didn't chirp anymore...

:cry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I even got a knife and slowly cut its head off.

OMG. Just go watch L'Interieur or punch a wall. Stop *slowly* beheading crickets.

Wow, OMG, why didn't you just dump it outside, that's so mean. :cry:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OMG. Just go watch L'Interieur or punch a wall. Stop *slowly* beheading crickets.

Wow, OMG, why didn't you just dump it outside, that's so mean. :cry:

I almost did punch holes in the wall when I thought it was inside the wall. It was hidden up inside the window blinds though.

You listen to an invisible cricket chirp for 72 hours and still be rational! :cry:

reclusivehermit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
if your walking and u pick up a flower that seems abandoned ... or when people are living and enjoying the moment that they are in yet u go out of your way to pick a rose which u think is beautiful.... u keep looking and staring at it for a while without saying anything

- your mute-

others look at you strangely

Its happened to me once or probably twice before

INFP experience.

Kimchitasi

MBTI Type
N
Enneagram
You walk around your neighborhood and three people you know say hello without you even realizing they were there.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I walk around my neighborhood and if I say Hi to people I deem aquaintences, and they DON'T say hello back, or they have the slightest hint of insincerity or irritation, I rack my brain for the rest of my walk trying to figure out how I might have pissed them off in the last few months... *is my dog barking too much?* *are they mad i haven't come over all winter?* *maybe they are upset I havent weeded my yard in 4 months and its depreciating there property value* *i know, its that dam BBQ i never showed up to!*

ugh

A

Anew Leaf

if your walking and u pick up a flower that seems abandoned ... or when people are living and enjoying the moment that they are in yet u go out of your way to pick a rose which u think is beautiful.... u keep looking and staring at it for a while without saying anything

- your mute-

others look at you strangely

Its happened to me once or probably twice before

INFP experience.

lol, I am the queen of being worried that things are abandoned. when I was very little I would get upset at KLEENEX that would escape my hands and fly off into the wind. "What if it feels unloved?!" I would cry to myself, running pell mell across busy parking lots, ignoring my mom, and nearly getting run over by cars in my desperate dash to save the poor kleenex.

bugs, flowers, animals, rocks, people, trees, mountains, planets.... all have the power to make me feel for them.

sometimes i just get so caught up in the beauty in this world it makes me cry because it's too hard to contain these feelings i have deep down. and i see beauty everywhere.... such treasures for the soul tucked away within the smallest of moments.

INFP sigh from ze soul.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

I can relate to the bolded, but ENFPs may be better at imagining other's reactions.
And I just did the underlined thing today! It was so beautiful when I was going to college, the sun straning through the trees...

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I had a perfect one for this! Like, I even stopped and thought, "Hey, this'd be perfect for that thread!"

Only I forgot what it was somewhere between badminton and Uno...

I feel as if that somehow speaks to the nature of an INFP in and of itself...

reclusivehermit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
yeah i mean im definitely a pretty high introvert... next comes intuition which is also high .. feeling used to borderline 'thinking' so that was 50/50 but now thats a bit higher...and perceiving is at a moderate level. I keep saying to those around me how can u bored with life ' life is never boring ' FOR THE INFP... because the smallest things that many might find insignificant is beautiful and unique for us ....

I'm always fascinated with life... i find it amazing...routes or paths you have taken so many times , but keep doing it because u love the scenary... it might seem crazy but thats how i feel at times.

Also i think INFP's are not very judgemental they are always seeking NOT for closure.. but their views are always open never having a concrete conclusion... i find that i'm like that as well until i have sound evidence im not going to come to a proper conclusion. I won't ever judge people straight away.. if someone say i really dont like him i might says well u don't know him YET ... so well for me im gonna wait for a bit and then decide...

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
life is never boring ' FOR THE INFP... because the smallest things that many might find insignificant is beautiful and unique for us ....
This is one of those things that makes me question being INFP. I too, will find a great appreciation or beauty in the tiniest aspect of life.. but I can have major boredom issues, and it was really bad for most of my teens and twenties. I have a really strong desire to try new things, travel, honestly... engage with the external. I think I am happiest when engaging with the external, but not always people. I get crazy excited in the summer time because of all the art fairs, culture fairs, concerts, etc. that come up. I have one of the worst cases of wander-lust for anyone I know (traveling- the reason I chose to work for an airline) and also find that as soon as I get back from travel and plant my feet in my house, my mind starts to think up my next excursion. Pretty E7 (which I believe is linked more to the ENFP) But I do find myself thoroughly absorved in my travel, unlike E7 who have problems fully experiencing the moment.

I'm always fascinated with life... i find it amazing...routes or paths you have taken so many times , but keep doing it because u love the scenary... it might seem crazy but thats how i feel at times.

Metaphorically? I have noticed Si coming out in the last few years, especially when I'm a bit stressed, depressed, and needing comfort. I can rely on certain comfort foods (the same over and over I ate as a child).. and have specific parks, hiking spots, and stores that I will re-visit and find comfort in as they evoke special memories or times in my life. I do the same with movies.. when I get sick I tend to throw in certain flicks I've seen a hundred times that make me feel better, (Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potters) but in times of health I DESPISE seeing a movie I've seen even once, feeling that the experience has already been had, and it's caused arguments with those I live with a few times..(my inability to watch somethine I've already watched). I sometimes pick movies for nothing to do with the story line or charactors, and everything to do with where it was filmed, so I can see the landscape and architecture of different places.

Also i think INFP's are not very judgemental they are always seeking NOT for closure.. but their views are always open never having a concrete conclusion... i find that i'm like that as well until i have sound evidence im not going to come to a proper conclusion. I won't ever judge people straight away.. if someone say i really dont like him i might says well u don't know him YET ... so well for me im gonna wait for a bit and then decide

I agree with this 100%. I also score extremely high on Perception. I HATE closing doors, and almost never do it. THere have been a few people I had fallouts with when I was younger, and at the time thought I wanted to close a door, but inwardly always held a spark. I have 3 friends that years later I went to great lengths to track down and re-connect with (calling up their family members, driving to their grandparents houses and asking for there contact info, etc.).. unfortunately most of them were judgers and no matter how heart felt I was in mitigating the situation, they couldnt reopen the door. It's a weight I carry in my heart, a sadness of that lost potential.. and I try very hard to not shut people out like that again.

I also don't make concrete judgements about people, and if I do I still end up seeing them in many different lights as my knowledge increases, leaving little set in stone.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
So I had a perfect one for this! Like, I even stopped and thought, "Hey, this'd be perfect for that thread!"

Only I forgot what it was somewhere between badminton and Uno...

I feel as if that somehow speaks to the nature of an INFP in and of itself...

HAHA! I have a problem with catching something INFP-ish and rushing to write it down, then deciding its not perfect enough, because my words can't capture the true essence, after about 10 minutes I get so frusterated I say fuck it, and don't write anything. I have this problem with writing ALOT.