User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    ^ ? A person who commits an evil act is an evil person.
    Yes, but is every act performed by an evil person evil?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not an INFP, but I can't resist putting in here that I don't think there are any evil people, just evil events and consequences.

The evil is in the reality of the death and destruction, et al, not in the imagination or intention - though people with malicious intent should certainly be restrained or punished.

So no fucking way, all actions of a human being could not be "evil" unless the actual effects of their actions did evil to other living beings.

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    There is a difference between an evil person and an evil act. If Bin Laden built an orphanage for the kids of AQ members, is that evil?
    Afaik, he didn't. Not a decent hypothetical. Sorry for shitting on your Ne here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I think someone can do something evil without being evil, as long as the intentions weren't evil. I think there is good in everyone. It might be way down deep and the size of a marble, but I do think everyone has goodness within them.

As far as the labeling of CD's based off of emotion, most of my mix cd's have a certain emotion going on within them, but I give them names like Majestic Grasshopper, Vertical Walking, Forest of Magnetic Memories and so on.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Afaik, he didn't. Not a decent hypothetical. Sorry for shitting on your Ne here.
    Hey, I've been waiting for ages to use that example Though it was originally using Hitler...

Anyway, I think you all get the idea
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I love this example that someone gave me on another forum...I mean it's just priceless.

He asked me if we could build a simulator which allowed a sadistic child rapist and murderer to simulate an act that was very real to him simulating this violence, and he believed it was real, but in reality, no one was harmed, would I still think that was evil.

I said no. I wouldn't want to watch him do this, but if this person could be restrained from actually hurting real people and only hurt people hypothetically by simulating it, I'd actually be downright pleased about it. I'd be like oh thank god there's an outlet for those people.

Who else sees it this way? Or not...

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Hey, I've been waiting for ages to use that example Though it was originally using Hitler...

Anyway, I think you all get the idea
    Well, to be less dismissive about it.. For me, it's one thing to detect (and hope) for good sides to people, and try to bring that out. It's another to contextualize and theorize someone like that, who's clearly drawn some huge lines in the sand. That line becomes so "loud" and real that it blinds me from seeing any hypotheticals. I can't ignore their "evil". It's at a point where I willingly stop caring what they're good side was, how they got there, that they were a child once, that they shared a lot of things common to human experience, etc.. I especially can't hope and hold out for people where they're actively engaging in atrocity right in the moment. Fat chance I'd be nice to Hitler if I was in the same room (and if I couldn't stop him, I'd at least get away.. I'm not going to appeal to him).

I mean, shit, I'm just an INFP. Not a martyr. Not Jesus. Which is what it takes to have those kind of ethics.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

You know, It's funny that Bin Laden was brought up. I guess when I wrote "attrocious and dispicable person", my mind wasn't quite going that far, lol. I should have stated that I do tend to focus on aspects, even different aspects of a person, so defining them as "evil" is too general, goes against the grain for me. One could say Bin Laden had alot of evil in him.. hell most people believe he was pure evil, and he definately got what he deserved because he chose to put himself in that circumstance. But after he was dead, I did read through a few biographies of him, as I usually do when I hear of insane bastards. I also do it with people in the paper that get caught for attrocious child abuse cases, serial killers, etc., the question then becomes for me, who IS this person? What happened in their life? Can I find patterns in their development? Where did they stray from the path of sanity? And usually in the research, the person behind the act becomes a bit more real, and I begin to pick out their human-ness. For instance, (and again, not jusitfying Bin Laden AT ALL) I read that Bin Laden wrote alot of poetry, that the reason so many people harbored him for so long was because of his religious dedication, they saw him as a holy man, as a man fighting for his people from outside invasions. I read that he was very kind to his family and children, that he was a deep thinker. I look to see the motivation. I consider how I might have turned out if I had his life, had seen the things he had, etc. So my question is, do you other INFP's tend to do this?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

You might be an INFP if you find yourself arguing over values with other INFP's, haha!
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts