User Tag List

123 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?

Actually I should make this a poll for when the peeps start returning, once I get some answers. (if I remember )
    When I first found out I was an INFP, I was excited and thought it was coolest type out, then I found out that nobody else thought that way.
    What's so terrible/shaming about being INFP?
    This may be the idealist in me talking, or maybe my vanity, but what is so terrible about dreamy compassionate people who keep to themselves, unless they feel compelled to do good works?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's the idea of reaching limitless horizons, and not being aware of how long and narrow it takes to drop down to do it over again.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

I'm curious to know as well, I think INFPs are pretty cool, I relate to you guys (well most of the time), despite the Ti-Fi difference, s'all good

I see nothing wrong with the qualities of INFPs, I think what you guys posses is quite needed in the world, but I'm an odd INTP.

Keep on being awesome INFPs!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Ah the INFP. A fantastic type. If they manage to learn to express their inner thoughts to the outer world and ground it physically they can be of one of the most magnificent types achieving magnificent things.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    It's the idea of reaching limitless horizons, and not being aware of how long and narrow it takes to drop down to do it over again.
    I'd agree with that... and expand it out into a few reasons:

• Frustration with the gap between Fi-honed Ne possibilities and the limitations of reality.
    • A low valuation of core strengths (Fi, esp) in many venues.
    • Inability to clearly to communicate how we know something something is important (Fi reasoning being the hardest form of judging to communicate).
    • Tend to develop any form of Je late, which makes turning our idealism into practical action seem impossible.

I think the above can combine with normal teen/early-adulthood angst about life, love and career to lead to a negative evaluation of being an INFP.

When I first stumbled around the INFP description, I found it very validating. It affirmed were others out there like me, and that my way of seeing the world wasn't broken. I think others can have the opposite reaction, where it becomes a summation of everything they wish they could change about themselves.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

There are a lot of awful and inaccurate stereotypes about infps (as there are about every single other type) but we may internalize it too much. INFPs are perfectionists and they dwell in their flaws more than their good qualities. It's not them, it's us, whenever we don't want to be an INFP.

Actually, sometimes it is them because we live in a very Te/Se/Fe world. Many things in the world tramples on Fi. The trick is not to let it, to adapt but retain a strong sense of our principles. I am lucky that I have found an outlet for my Fi, a way for the external world to validate my particular strand but when you have Fi that can't be acknowledged as useful by society, it's difficult.

Glycerine

It's the same old "personalising and reading into things one can relate to" syndrome. NFPs are the most populous on this forum.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I thought I was an INFP for a while, when I was in high school and I first even found out about MBTI I thought INFP was better than INFJ, and I was surprised that so many people want to be INFJs. I still haven't quite figured out why people want to be INFJs, though I like or even love some INFJs, others are really fucking pretentious and get on my last nerve.

I could say similar things about other types - some ISFJs are cool, and others are too conformist. Some INTJs are funny and smart, and others are irritating stupid dorks. As for INFPs, while I love some, others are really whiny and overly passive.

I'm an ENFP and I know I don't think every ENFP in the world is wonderful, in fact, some of them are really obnoxious (I can be obnoxious myself).

In sum, people suck, and it's silly to believe everyone is out specifically to fuck with your type.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I thought I was an INFP for a while, when I was in high school and I first even found out about MBTI I thought INFP was better than INFJ, and I was surprised that so many people want to be INFJs. I still haven't quite figured out why people want to be INFJs, though I like or even love some INFJs, others are really fucking pretentious and get on my last nerve.
    Apart from the INFJs being statistically the rarest type (unique factor) they have that particular stereotype of being the wise old lady or man that knows how to deal with almost everything emotionally as well as efficiently in the mature fashion. I suppose many believe the INFJ moves towards that persona and so they want to be it themselves.

MBTI
    yupp

because some INFPs suck and people are exposed to the sucky ones, while the cool ones like us get shunned and no one ever knows us because we've been exiled.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so