• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Why do people Hate the idea of being INFP?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll go ahead and change my type... do you have my address? You can send the flowers to my home or my office. Thanks!

I'd love it if everyone on the site changed their type to infp and sent me their addresses...
all the better to stalk you with (boom boom)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP wanna-be, right here :hi:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
INFPs, stay strong! You are being loved!

-INFP lover

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
infp=inert cloud of cotton candy goodness

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Eh, i don't hate myself. Earlier this year I changed mine from INTP to INFP, and I am really happy about it.

Some things about me bug other people sometimes, and vice versa. However, that may be "me" and not typology.

I find my perfectionism to be annoying...like if I freaking show my ass because of something. I don't want to argue with anyone ever again...but still IT IS NOT RIGHT. WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS NOT RIGHT. I can't stand it.

/retreating

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm. I wouldn't be happy being an INFP. What they tend to prioritize and want, I don't. Under really really shitty conditions (like, your biological father committing suicide while you have a cancer scare, all in high school), I fall in the grips of Fi. It aint pretty. Can't imagine living like that 24/7 as a default.

I admire INFPs for putting up with themselves, but it must be a tough type to be.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Jealousy, plain and simple. Most people try to justify they are good by how they live. It's not easy for people to accept someone who believes they are good without any real effort, but that's our gift to the world. That you are good without anything to justify it.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
INFPs, stay strong! You are being loved!

-INFP lover

THANKYOU!!

WE NEED LOVE.

JEEBUS-LIKE LOVE <3

jesus-dinosaur3.png

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hm. I wouldn't be happy being an INFP. What they tend to prioritize and want, I don't. Under really really shitty conditions (like, your biological father committing suicide while you have a cancer scare, all in high school), I fall in the grips of Fi. It aint pretty. Can't imagine living like that 24/7 as a default.

I admire INFPs for putting up with themselves, but it must be a tough type to be.

While I don't agree that Fi is as negative as you make it out to be, there are days when it feels like this :D
images

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
The best thing for an INFP to do is get out of their heads and find a niche or a few niches in the external world that will ground and inspire them at the same time.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't. People just make descriptions that don't fully describe me.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do "people" hate the idea of being INFP? Because most of us aren't.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I am shipped wrecked in my own mind.../..][\][..\][...\].][.][.\]..[.[.\.[.\.\..\.].[].[].\

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Well, if you are Te-dom, then no doubt Fi appears that way, or you experience it that way. Your Fi is shitty Fi, just like my Te is shitty Te. We tend to project that onto each other (not literally you & me; our respective types).

Fi to me feels mostly reasonable, honing in on what is most important, so as not to get distracted by lesser things. In a crisis, I tend to stay calm & focus on the big things, unless that nasty Te stress mode takes over, then I freak about the little things.