First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Does a content INFP who is sometimes happy and sometimes not so happy count?
    haha! you make me look outside my bubbly ENFP box.

"content" is good. perhaps "fulfilled" or "self-actualizing" would work also.

an INFP who is manifesting their inner INFPness.

i have a silly little mantra which is that you should do whatever makes your heart sing. that doesn't mean you are happy or satisfied or even pleased, but if your heart is singing from time to time, then you are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe
    We can't be a cute bunny all the time. I like the sharp contrast; it keeps people on their toes. I am pretty sure that's one of the best things about us though, really laid-back and silly one minute but rigorous and firm the next. I am sure my "moral senses" can be annoying, but it's a huge part of us. We usually explode for a bit and get over it, move on to something else and become silly again.
    hehe, i like it too! it's a challenge... lord knows i'm always up for a challenge... but i think some people might not be so appreciative, lol.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    The biggest thing is our sensitivity. It is frowned upon. I still have people wanting to "cure me". (if I haven't been cured by now, I think it's there to stay) For all that, I have proved time and time again, I'm much more resilent emotionally. I reset to optimistic/idealistic far quicker than most (I do wonder if this is actually a flaw of mine), but according to certain peeps I still need to harden up, even though that sensitivity is used to their advantage. Yes, certain aspects of my sensitivity are very advantageous for me. It's a double edge sword though, but I wouldn't give it up now.
    Oh yes. People are still to this day, trying to 'cure me' of many aspects of my character.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    The second major category in my mind is the general lack of "societal place/value" for our strongest skills. Sure being a great friend is a great thing, but how are you going to "sell" that, or "socially package/express" that, or use it to contribute to some companies bottom line??? Your personal life might be really great, and many people may really like and respect you, but professionally and "in societies eyes" I think its much harder to find outlets or expressions for that.
    I think this is central. INFP skills aren't easily marketable or particularly practical.

I personally have discovered that I have certain skills that often people never knew they needed, let alone looked for. However when they actually pay attention and see these qualities in action, people are often astounded by them. I don't say this to show off; I think always think of these qualities as nothing special but it seems some think they are. The problem for me is often trying to convince others to give me a chance to prove my worth, in spite of the shitty first impression I seem to give.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And, honestly, I don't why girls wouldn't want to go out with INFP guy? Every girl should want one! (if the married guy was any thing to go by, he just seemed very caring and intimate with his wife. It was very subtle, but nice.)
    Ahhh, the thing I missed most about TypoC... having my ego stroked! More, please!
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Ahhh, the thing I missed most about TypoC... having my ego stroked! More, please!
    interesting, I miss having my ego challenged.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

One issue especially with the e4 INFPs is that we tend to want to live life according to our own terms, and doing that is much easier in the latter stages of life when we already have some stability in terms of a career and family. So it's sort of a chicken and egg problem. You can't be free to be INFP unless you have built a life by suppressing those INFP tendencies. Before I get jumped on, I'm not saying that INFPs have it harder than any other types. Just different challenges that society as a whole tend to misunderstand.
    I agree that there is a conundrum there, especially when you are an INFP with Responsibilities or Expectations. These responsibilities could arise from a number of venues - personal values, family expectations, being a parent, being a spouse, the need to have financial security therefore a job, any job ... as a basic summary, being reliable when you are being counted upon. For me, it can feel challenging to reconcile all those areas of neediness with some of my own personal tendencies to be free of constraints, even good constraints. And, the reason why I run my own business is to get to that point where the financial aspects are not a constraint in and of themselves. I play by the rules of the world so that eventually I get to run my life according to more of my own. Sometimes I resent that, but in accepting it, I have more power over it.

@bold: I think yes, this is true to a point. I think an INFP does learn to be a chameleon (some more so than others depending on circumstance) and for a portion of my adult life I wondered if I was being untrue to myself being one, but now I think my ability to adapt is actually a terrific asset. I just need to remember to keep the parameters of my own identity clear at the same time. When I hit that sweet spot, it sure does feel great. When I was in my twenties, I was not as good at being assertive in that way.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Is this like Where's Waldo?
    More like "Let's eat Grandma!"
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't see how anyone who wasn't a complete ignoramous could not like an INFP. everything they say and do is so beautiful and poetic and they're so pure. they're so mysterious sometimes that they almost seem like they're straight out of a fairytale. haterz gon' hate, but I love my INFPs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It is natural for a person to love their own type.

I love being an INTP and don't want to be any other type. INTP is who I am.

I don't want to be an INFP, because I want to be me.

If an ESFJ says he doesn't want to be an INFP because he things being an INFP sucks, he probably also doesn't want to be any of the other types apart from ESFJ, because he thinks they all suck.

So as to answer the OP. People hate the idea of being INFP because they hate the idea of being anything but themselves.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    More like "Let's eat Grandma!"
    You eat grandmas? I guess Soylent green is people.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

You eat grandma's?