First 2345 Last

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    How intuitives really feel about sensors, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxYe4scS28k

i live with 2 ISTJs.. mom and sister.. for 23 years!!!!!!!! HELL ON EARTH.

/no inspiration for longer rant :P

edit: wow, this was my 2000th post. well spent, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    One thing I would say in favour of ISTJs... if they really wanted to suck... there would be no equal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

see, i understand the need to get a rant out, but this is one of those things you either:

a. type up then print and burn (this is fun; the more flames, the better)
    b. write out, then write and rewrite until you come up with a cool, rational question (less fun, but more useful)
    c. post and then come back in 5 minutes and replace it with a big lulzy demotivational picture (damage control)

a good friend of mine is ISTJ. she's 1w9 and pretty chill. she's the definition of an SJ system-maintainer, shit would fall apart without people like her who actually care that others remember the importance of keeping some semblance of structure and familiarity in the world. she's also really organized and efficient, and cutely creative. i dunno, she's never tried to enforce stupid rules on me or whatever. she gets annoyed when people are late or rude or monopolize conversation, but i think those are all pretty justified reasons. she's also willing to break rules when they seem particularly pointless, which i respect. in general our styles are pretty different but we get along pretty well.

i also worked closely with an ISTJ during a summer program, she seemed pretty chill too. 6w5 probably. she was really into nature and religion, she's getting a degree in marine bio and then probably an mdiv. i dunno, we worked well together and i liked her sense of humor. i only learned she was an ISTJ via facebook a year or so later.

not sure where you're running into these oppressive ISTJs but i hope you find some cool ones soon.

They intend to do what's best for people but they do it in a way that they proclaim as the "proper" [...] way which seems to suite them better than those they intend to do good on
    we all do what we think is best in the way we think is best. welcome to humanity.

anyway, my point being, not to be a hater but i don't really want to be on an NF-only island. one, gross, i'd miss all my non-NF family and friends; two, gross, it'd be an emotional mess of an impractical dream-bubble. let's face it, we'd get 3 weeks in and be praying to have our SJs back.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

My experience with ISTJs has been that it's not so much that they bug me... but rather I bug the crap out of them with my freewheelin' P ways (along with my abstract thinking that pays little attention to the concrete details around me). So on more than one occasion, my ISTJ friends / acquaintances have expressed frustration with me out of what seems to me like nowhere. What I didn't appreciate was that they had been quietly smoldering about what they perceive as my ENFP flakiness. Ugh!

The way ISTJs express their frustration is what really chaps my you-know-what. The negative opinions they express seem so needlessly judgmental to me. And, what's worse is that by the time they get around to expressing their judgments, it is a fait accomplis. In other words, they seem to feel that they are making an observation of the facts and they are surprised that not everyone else interprets everything the way they do. In other words, there is little awareness of the bias of their own perspective and their opinions seem self-evident to them.

Obviously, I'm speaking in gross generalities. My childhood best friend was an ISTJ and we are still friends now. But I'd be lying to you if I didn't frankly tell you that it is more our past experiences rather than our current similar interests that hold us together. I love my ISTJ like a sister, but we see the world in totally opposite ways. I guess I would say to the original post that you can choose to see these inherent differences between you and ISTJs as complementary or adversarial. Let me suggest that you'll save yourself a lot of grief if you choose the former.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

I don't relate all that well to ISTJs, but I can't help but like them. It's IxTJs i have a problem with. Not ISTJs. Not INTJs. F-ing IxTJ mutants >.< Or maybe just one particular one lol. We're actually friends, but we drive e/o totally nuts.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but this is just disgusting.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Prosecutor Edgeworth does not approve of your generalizations!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My ISTJ grandfather made sure my life had the necessary structure and security to be stable, he also wanted me to have some kind of "classic" education, and put me in ballet and piano lessons, and educated me at home aside from regular schooling and held high standards for my learning in school.

Yes, he could be a fucking asshole, and I'm afraid I wouldn't want to marry a man like him, but let me tell you what ...I have no idea who I would be without that man. He was my most consistent parental figure and he loved me, in his controlling way.

ISTJs do lots of things that you probably don't want to. You'd probably miss them if they were gone, just in terms of society, if not at all in personal relationships.

MBTI
    ----

ISTJs can be cool.

your homework: be more charming and then they'll be nicer to you.