• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's and PSYCHICs!

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
What do you other NF's think about psychics?

Are there legitimate psychics out there?

Have you ever gone to a psychic? How often and why? What questions did you have the most interest in? Future money? Future love? Children? Family members? Career?

Have you ever had a psychic tell you detailed things theres no way they could have just "known" or read off you?

At the same time, do you believe in auras? Have you personally ever had a picture of your aura done?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I was working in a company where we had to call people and try to sell them magazines. There was a woman there who could guess people's horoscopes and stuff like that. I didn't think much of it. But then, another day she was calling someone, trying to sell a magazine and it started sounding like she isn't going to get the sale done. Then she asked "Are you pregnant?". She was. After that they talked some more and she sold the woman a baby magazine.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tested a couple psychics to see how accurate they were. Some of them were quite off in their assessments. Others were close.

One of them could tell that I was very sensitive and imaginative, I didn't even tell them a thing about it. One of them said that it was going to take me a bit until I found the right person, might have several marriages. Said that I was going to travel a lot.

The one that could tell I was sensitive and imaginative even mentioned that I would do music that was even wilder than Kate Bush and would do work involving puppets. :shrug:

Have yet to come across a real psychic though.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm not an NF (well i could be) but i need to answer this :D

I've seen 3 psychic's in my life. First was amazing, second was shit and the last one i saw in Feb was fucking awesome in that my mum went and saw a psychic last saturday and the woman told her some information about me that my psychic told me in Feb (these psychics are in different cities). When you hear the same information from different sources then something has to be right.

I know there are some out there who don't have a clue and people too easily give information away. I also understand that if this line of work is a full time job for them then they have bills like the rest of us so should be paid.

When the one in Feb saw me, i didn't give any clues away and let her give me the information. I wanted to see how legit she was so i didn't ask any questions until the end and that was concerning my current job as i don't like it very much. I wanted to ask if i'd win the lottery but didn't as i didn't want to come across as greedy. If it's going to happen then i need not worry and if not, oh well.

The first psychic i ever met, at the end of the session handed me a letter and asked me to post it as the letter box was almost outside my house. When i called her to arrange the appointment, i only gave my name so she had no knowledge of my address. i found that a tad spooky.

The one in Feb came into my house and the first thing she said to me was that when i was standing at my front door welcoming her in, she knew my heart wasn't here and that i'd be leaving the UK this year. She had no idea of what had happened previously in my life and it was only at the end of the reading when i had goose pimples that i explained my life. I've recommended her to so many people.

I do believe in aura's .. i don't see them unfortunately and haven't had a pic taken but i do feel people's energy when they are in close proximity of me. If it's positive then it's OK but if not then i have to go away and literally shake myself down. Negative energy sticks, i've found anyway.

Love this subject .. Subscribed :D

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Aren't we all a little psychic, you know the bit about using 10-20% of our brains applies here, going beyond that your psychic. :D

What is a psychic really, it is a person who looks within rather than without. And the expression of confusion that this phenomenon is attributed in the waking world is expansive.

To understand this better then reading about the idea of entanglement in quantum physics is a good idea, as would many ideas however I like the holographic universe idea.

[youtube="nJ-3m5W4cp4"]Holographic Universe[/youtube]

Then yes we do have energy that maybe described as auras, in many ways like biophotons, energies of light.

What are biophotons?

Biophotons, or ultraweak photon emissions of biological systems, are weak electromagnetic waves in the optical range of the spectrum - in other words: light.

According to the biophoton theory developed on the base of these discoveries the biophoton light is stored in the cells of the organism - more precisely, in the DNA molecules of their nuclei - and a dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA may connect cell organelles, cells, tissues, and organs within the body and serve as the organism's main communication network and as the principal regulating instance for all life processes. The processes of morphogenesis, growth, differentiation and regeneration are also explained by the structuring and regulating activity of the coherent biophoton field. The holographic biophoton field of the brain and the nervous system, and maybe even that of the whole organism, may also be basis of memory and other phenomena of consciousness, as postulated by neurophysiologist Karl Pribram an others. The consciousness-like coherence properties of the biophoton field are closely related to its base in the properties of the physical vacuum and indicate its possible role as an interface to the non-physical realms of mind, psyche and consciousness.

The discovery of biophoton emission also lends scientific support to some unconventional methods of healing based on concepts of homeostasis (self-regulation of the organism), such as various somatic therapies, homeopathy and acupuncture. The "ch'i" energy flowing in our bodies' energy channels (meridians) which according to Traditional Chinese Medicine regulates our body functions may be related to node lines of the organism's biophoton field. The "prana" of Indian Yoga physiology may be a similar regulating energy force that has a basis in weak, coherent electromagnetic biofields.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Negative energy sticks, i've found anyway.

Yeah, my mom told about a person that visited her. There was some strange negative vibe about her and she was "examining" the house in a way. After that the house was filled with negative energy for three days, according to mom.

I kinda believe in those energy things. There certainly are different vibes about people, that's clear, and why wouldn't there be? We sense many things that are not obvious. I don't know if there are auras, or are they just a way some people perceive the vibe other people would call body language? Things other than people have different feelings as well. You can easily see this in people's homes. Some homes look like people really like to live there, some look barren.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't believe in psychics but I might go to one sometime in the future, just for a laugh.

I would really like to believe in all that stuff but I don't see any convincing arguments for it. :shrug:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah, my mom told about a person that visited her. There was some strange negative vibe about her and she was "examining" the house in a way. After that the house was filled with negative energy for three days, according to mom.

I kinda believe in those energy things. There certainly are different vibes about people, that's clear, and why wouldn't there be? We sense many things that are not obvious. I don't know if there are auras, or are they just a way some people perceive the vibe other people would call body language? Things other than people have different feelings as well. You can easily see this in people's homes. Some homes look like people really like to live there, some look barren.

Good points.

Many years ago my mum was looking at houses to buy and visited one in particular. She couldn't even walk through the front door. Her husband took a look around then came out. Mum called the estate agents and asked what had happened to the previous owners. Apparently an elderly woman passed away in the house. Mum knew she was not meant to have that house.

How would you explain the body language though when talking to someone online? .. A few months ago i was talking to someone via IM and although we were exchanging messages back and forth, we rarely found each other online at the same time. When we did finally catch each other, although i was intrigued to talk to the person, i was also disturbed. Afterwards i was literally shaking (imagine shivers down your spine) and i knew i had to push the person away. We haven't spoken since and i've removed the person from my friends list.

idk.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
How would you explain the body language though when talking to someone online? .. A few months ago i was talking to someone via IM and although we were exchanging messages back and forth, we rarely found each other online at the same time. When we did finally catch each other, although i was intrigued to talk to the person, i was also disturbed. Afterwards i was literally shaking (imagine shivers down your spine) and i knew i had to push the person away. We haven't spoken since and i've removed the person from my friends list.

Interesting. I don't know. The way I deal in that kind of cases, I just do what the feeling is telling me. It's not often that it happens to me, but when it does, I take it seriously. It can be difficult to trust it, though, since you might have all kind of rational reasons for doing something, but the way I see it, all rational schemes about making your life take you somewhere are just rationalizations, nothing more. We have so little control over our lives, really, that it doesn't matter too much even if I lose some opportunity or something like that. And I will never know, that's the best part. There's just the path I am on, and the options I didn't choose had their own paths but they are not relevant for this path.

KDude

I was seeing a psychologist in my teens who was a friend of a psychic. I don't know what his intentions were, but one day he just suggested we go see her. It wasn't very interesting to say the least. She was too vague.

I myself have had more profound psychic abilities than she had. They were strange flukes, so I wouldn't consider myself psychic exactly. I haven't tapped into it enough (and wouldn't know how). Nor would I believe any of it if I was in another person's shoes.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have footage from the last time I went to the doctor. After that meeting we though havent seen each others yet again : :/

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imI8baMrfGo"].[/YOUTUBE]

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Have you ever gone to a psychic? How often and why? What questions did you have the most interest in? Future money? Future love? Children? Family members? Career?

Have you ever had a psychic tell you detailed things theres no way they could have just "known" or read off you?

At the same time, do you believe in auras? Have you personally ever had a picture of your aura done?

Why is this in the NF section, and why are you asking NF's specifically? Do you especially believe that if people have "yes" answers to these questions that they will say so here? Some might, others probably won't.

We had a couple of these kind of threads going over in the religion/spirituality section like 2 years ago, I think I even started 2-3 of them. Several people commented privately on their interest/experience in them, but pointed out that they didn't wish to publicly comment on them.

Personally, I have always hated the work "psychic" and generally try to avoid it like that plague with the single exception of using it as a technical name for a level of existence when following or using a "Ken Wilber" model or description of higher states of consciousness. [Gross, psychic, subtle, causal, non-dual]. I do enjoy using the phrase "spirit world" from time to time though.

I don't like answering these kind of questions in the NF section of TypC, but since it was asked:

I think there are both legitimate people, and their are frauds. On many specific topics I am rather agnostic. I'm not sure where I personally call the line between what I will give credence to and what I won't. However, people who "claim to talk to dead people" I'm usually pretty wary of. Especially if they have been dead for a while.

Yes I have been to psychics and/or allowed them to practice on me. Yes, they did know very detailed things that they "normally" should have not been able to know [for examples details of my mothers childhood, which was like 50 years ago and 1500 miles away].

I can sense auras. No I have not ever had a "picture" of my aura taken. I have had numerous individuals "read" it though. Though different people and/or different times, they generally concurred about what they sensed and its interpretation.

Oh, I think that virtually every "psychic" or whatever they called themselves, and virtually every yoga teacher I've ever met, has been a NF. The former seemed to have more NFP's while the latter seemed to be almost entirely INFJ's, for whatever that is worth.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why is this in the NF section, and why are you asking NF's specifically? Do you especially believe that if people have "yes" answers to these questions that they will say so here? Some might, others probably won't.

It's definately not as strategic as I believe you think it is, lol! The only reason I put this topic here, instead of the bonfire.. is because I was hoping (perhaps optimistically) for a less skeptical environment that I might receive from sensors or thinkers (generalizations, god forbid). And yes, I realize that many will not feel comfortable airing what might be perceived as "superstitious notions" ... but counted on the fact that those highly interested in these matters, just might. =D Do I think there might be more of a correlation with NF's as opposed to die hard thinkers or sensors? FUck ya I do. Though I'm entirely accepting that I might be proven wrong. On a different stance... I've personally had some extraordinary experiences with one particular psychic, out of many, many others coming acrossed at frauds. I'd genuinely like to hear of others experiences, if your doubting my authenticity on the matter. =D

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's definately not as strategic as I believe you think it is, lol! The only reason I put this topic here, instead of the bonfire.. is because I was hoping (perhaps optimistically) for a less skeptical environment that I might receive from sensors or thinkers (generalizations, god forbid). And yes, I realize that many will not feel comfortable airing what might be perceived as "superstitious notions" ... but counted on the fact that those highly interested in these matters, just might. =D Do I think there might be more of a correlation with NF's as opposed to die hard thinkers or sensors? FUck ya I do. Though I'm entirely accepting that I might be proven wrong. On a different stance... I've personally had some extraordinary experiences with one particular psychic, out of many, many others coming acrossed at frauds. I'd genuinely like to hear of others experiences, if your doubting my authenticity on the matter. =D

I was just wondering why this topic was brought up in a way that seemed to exclude non-NF's. It seems saslou's response has been the longest of anyone's so far.

You can put threads wherever you want. Personally I would [and have!] put them in the philosophy & religion area. Lark has put many there as well.

I know of at least two people who regularly put "spiritual stuff" in their blogs here, but one focuses more on "healing" while I tend to quote yoga theory and the like.

You may already be quite aware of this but there are plenty of places out there that provide "psychic training" or "spiritual healing training" if that is more someone's cup of tea.

Well, good luck with having others respond to your questions.

P

Phantonym

Never met one. Do they taste good? Like chicken, right?

Who knows really, there might be, you can't rule out the possibility that some people might be more attuned to something "out there". While others just really want to be and cannot or even don't want to be but still pretend to be to scam people.

No, I haven't. I do own a deck of tarot' if that counts. :D I'd mostly be selfish and be interested solely in me, myself and I.

Nope. It would be interesting though.

Hm, possibly. Haven't seen one myself, nor have I had a picture taken. But since I do get different vibes about people, and hear people talking about seeing auras and stuff like that, I remain open to the idea. Believing or not believing doesn't directly influence my life anyway.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
it all depends on your definition of psychic. intuitive, yes, but not all of them become psychics and there are different ways a psychic could decide to use their gift. If you mean are there psychics that are so strong it's obvious, think about it, their parents would send them to institutions or the government grabs them, the rest hide most of their abilities for the same reason. as for auras, yes, but I don't need a picture to see it. being psychic is your imagination mixed with intuition to the point it becomes visible, except your not hallucinating. that's the secret to believing it's real is realizing it can happen. just so you know, if you ever met the strong ones, you'd never doubt it again, so be patient.

sabastious

MBTI Type
INFP
I have always felt like I would be a good mentalist. I can tell people what they are about to say a lot and it freaks them out ;)

-Sab

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, we already know that Tom an Katherine are twins.