123 Last

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Default NF's and PSYCHICs!

What do you other NF's think about psychics?

Are there legitimate psychics out there?

Have you ever gone to a psychic? How often and why? What questions did you have the most interest in? Future money? Future love? Children? Family members? Career?

Have you ever had a psychic tell you detailed things theres no way they could have just "known" or read off you?

At the same time, do you believe in auras? Have you personally ever had a picture of your aura done?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I was working in a company where we had to call people and try to sell them magazines. There was a woman there who could guess people's horoscopes and stuff like that. I didn't think much of it. But then, another day she was calling someone, trying to sell a magazine and it started sounding like she isn't going to get the sale done. Then she asked "Are you pregnant?". She was. After that they talked some more and she sold the woman a baby magazine.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I tested a couple psychics to see how accurate they were. Some of them were quite off in their assessments. Others were close.

One of them could tell that I was very sensitive and imaginative, I didn't even tell them a thing about it. One of them said that it was going to take me a bit until I found the right person, might have several marriages. Said that I was going to travel a lot.

The one that could tell I was sensitive and imaginative even mentioned that I would do music that was even wilder than Kate Bush and would do work involving puppets.

Have yet to come across a real psychic though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm not an NF (well i could be) but i need to answer this

I've seen 3 psychic's in my life. First was amazing, second was shit and the last one i saw in Feb was fucking awesome in that my mum went and saw a psychic last saturday and the woman told her some information about me that my psychic told me in Feb (these psychics are in different cities). When you hear the same information from different sources then something has to be right.

I know there are some out there who don't have a clue and people too easily give information away. I also understand that if this line of work is a full time job for them then they have bills like the rest of us so should be paid.

When the one in Feb saw me, i didn't give any clues away and let her give me the information. I wanted to see how legit she was so i didn't ask any questions until the end and that was concerning my current job as i don't like it very much. I wanted to ask if i'd win the lottery but didn't as i didn't want to come across as greedy. If it's going to happen then i need not worry and if not, oh well.

The first psychic i ever met, at the end of the session handed me a letter and asked me to post it as the letter box was almost outside my house. When i called her to arrange the appointment, i only gave my name so she had no knowledge of my address. i found that a tad spooky.

The one in Feb came into my house and the first thing she said to me was that when i was standing at my front door welcoming her in, she knew my heart wasn't here and that i'd be leaving the UK this year. She had no idea of what had happened previously in my life and it was only at the end of the reading when i had goose pimples that i explained my life. I've recommended her to so many people.

I do believe in aura's .. i don't see them unfortunately and haven't had a pic taken but i do feel people's energy when they are in close proximity of me. If it's positive then it's OK but if not then i have to go away and literally shake myself down. Negative energy sticks, i've found anyway.

Love this subject .. Subscribed
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Aren't we all a little psychic, you know the bit about using 10-20% of our brains applies here, going beyond that your psychic.

What is a psychic really, it is a person who looks within rather than without. And the expression of confusion that this phenomenon is attributed in the waking world is expansive.

To understand this better then reading about the idea of entanglement in quantum physics is a good idea, as would many ideas however I like the holographic universe idea.

[youtube="nJ-3m5W4cp4"]Holographic Universe[/youtube]

Then yes we do have energy that maybe described as auras, in many ways like biophotons, energies of light.

What are biophotons?

Biophotons, or ultraweak photon emissions of biological systems, are weak electromagnetic waves in the optical range of the spectrum - in other words: light.

According to the biophoton theory developed on the base of these discoveries the biophoton light is stored in the cells of the organism - more precisely, in the DNA molecules of their nuclei - and a dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA may connect cell organelles, cells, tissues, and organs within the body and serve as the organism's main communication network and as the principal regulating instance for all life processes. The processes of morphogenesis, growth, differentiation and regeneration are also explained by the structuring and regulating activity of the coherent biophoton field. The holographic biophoton field of the brain and the nervous system, and maybe even that of the whole organism, may also be basis of memory and other phenomena of consciousness, as postulated by neurophysiologist Karl Pribram an others. The consciousness-like coherence properties of the biophoton field are closely related to its base in the properties of the physical vacuum and indicate its possible role as an interface to the non-physical realms of mind, psyche and consciousness.

The discovery of biophoton emission also lends scientific support to some unconventional methods of healing based on concepts of homeostasis (self-regulation of the organism), such as various somatic therapies, homeopathy and acupuncture. The "ch'i" energy flowing in our bodies' energy channels (meridians) which according to Traditional Chinese Medicine regulates our body functions may be related to node lines of the organism's biophoton field. The "prana" of Indian Yoga physiology may be a similar regulating energy force that has a basis in weak, coherent electromagnetic biofields.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Negative energy sticks, i've found anyway.
    Yeah, my mom told about a person that visited her. There was some strange negative vibe about her and she was "examining" the house in a way. After that the house was filled with negative energy for three days, according to mom.

I kinda believe in those energy things. There certainly are different vibes about people, that's clear, and why wouldn't there be? We sense many things that are not obvious. I don't know if there are auras, or are they just a way some people perceive the vibe other people would call body language? Things other than people have different feelings as well. You can easily see this in people's homes. Some homes look like people really like to live there, some look barren.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I don't believe in psychics but I might go to one sometime in the future, just for a laugh.

I would really like to believe in all that stuff but I don't see any convincing arguments for it.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yeah, my mom told about a person that visited her. There was some strange negative vibe about her and she was "examining" the house in a way. After that the house was filled with negative energy for three days, according to mom.

I kinda believe in those energy things. There certainly are different vibes about people, that's clear, and why wouldn't there be? We sense many things that are not obvious. I don't know if there are auras, or are they just a way some people perceive the vibe other people would call body language? Things other than people have different feelings as well. You can easily see this in people's homes. Some homes look like people really like to live there, some look barren.
    Good points.

Many years ago my mum was looking at houses to buy and visited one in particular. She couldn't even walk through the front door. Her husband took a look around then came out. Mum called the estate agents and asked what had happened to the previous owners. Apparently an elderly woman passed away in the house. Mum knew she was not meant to have that house.

How would you explain the body language though when talking to someone online? .. A few months ago i was talking to someone via IM and although we were exchanging messages back and forth, we rarely found each other online at the same time. When we did finally catch each other, although i was intrigued to talk to the person, i was also disturbed. Afterwards i was literally shaking (imagine shivers down your spine) and i knew i had to push the person away. We haven't spoken since and i've removed the person from my friends list.

idk.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    How would you explain the body language though when talking to someone online? .. A few months ago i was talking to someone via IM and although we were exchanging messages back and forth, we rarely found each other online at the same time. When we did finally catch each other, although i was intrigued to talk to the person, i was also disturbed. Afterwards i was literally shaking (imagine shivers down your spine) and i knew i had to push the person away. We haven't spoken since and i've removed the person from my friends list.
    Interesting. I don't know. The way I deal in that kind of cases, I just do what the feeling is telling me. It's not often that it happens to me, but when it does, I take it seriously. It can be difficult to trust it, though, since you might have all kind of rational reasons for doing something, but the way I see it, all rational schemes about making your life take you somewhere are just rationalizations, nothing more. We have so little control over our lives, really, that it doesn't matter too much even if I lose some opportunity or something like that. And I will never know, that's the best part. There's just the path I am on, and the options I didn't choose had their own paths but they are not relevant for this path.

I was seeing a psychologist in my teens who was a friend of a psychic. I don't know what his intentions were, but one day he just suggested we go see her. It wasn't very interesting to say the least. She was too vague.

I myself have had more profound psychic abilities than she had. They were strange flukes, so I wouldn't consider myself psychic exactly. I haven't tapped into it enough (and wouldn't know how). Nor would I believe any of it if I was in another person's shoes.