• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's and PSYCHICs!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
There are technically also two subtypes of telepathy - the sending telepath and the receiving one. Usually, they claim to be more sensitive to one or the other, though they can develop both :D

While I don't consider myself telepathic, I do admit to that being true with...I guess I would call it Empathy, but I don't consider it supernatural in any way. It is very much possible to influence other people's moods (Sending Empath) and change the way they feel. It's also possible to just be overwhelmed by all the toxic shit they put out or live literally vicariously through your friend 10 feet away, who is completely smitten and sexually aroused by her boyfriend (Receiving Empath). Again, most people with this 'talent' tend to have a natural inclination towards one or the other, and the other one usually develops later.

well, I have received telepathic messages from others that they intentionally sent, and I have had others receive messages from me that I didn't quite know I was sending... so if I can do these things through intention, I'm not quite there yet

I think I'm a total receiving empath though haha.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think of it like functions. Everyone technically has all of them, but you'll have preference for some over others. For instance, many people draw a distinction between "psychic" information and what you pick up through mediumship as most people will tend to prefer one over the other. That said, most people who are mediums can tap into psychic information pretty readily than vice versa.

Some skills, like psychometry, are more advanced. Even if you can receive the information it can take training to know how to sort through it.

There's also certain skillsets that have closer overlaps than others. Empathy and healing tend to go hand in hand because one's just kind of the next logical step, skill-wise, from the other.

But distance reading like I think you're describing is not actually all that challenging, Legion. It can be harder to do a reading for someone sitting across from you than someone on the other side of the world just because it's a lot easier to sort through when there's not a lot of sensory data mucking up the intuitive information.

ok, so is psychometry like what we're all doing here with the MBTI? like the people who can see what type someone is without needing to really reference any reasoning? they just like... see it somehow?

ok assuming so, then an example of what I am saying would be this..

a psychic looks at you for a minute or so... and then you hear the word "ENTJ" even though no physical noise was made, but you yourself didn't know you were an ENTJ, then find out later that you actually are...

+i don't know how hard it is to do that sort of thing, but it's frickin cool nevertheless

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ok, so is psychometry like what we're all doing here with the MBTI? like the people who can see what type someone is without needing to really reference any reasoning? they just like... see it somehow?

ok assuming so, then an example of what I am saying would be this..

a psychic looks at you for a minute or so... and then you hear the word "ENTJ" even though no physical noise was made, but you yourself didn't know you were an ENTJ, then find out later that you actually are...

+i don't know how hard it is to do that sort of thing, but it's frickin cool nevertheless

No, psychometry is where you read something that belongs to that person. Usually something that's been in close contact with them and read the energy that's imprinted on the object. It's the same principle as why some people think certain kinds of houses are haunted.

The second part is more along the lines of what Amar was talking about. Psychics receive information depending on how they're receptive to it. A clairvoyant might see a certain kind of aura around a person or see an image that would resonate with the person. A clairaudient might hear a word that the person would understand. A clairsentient would feel something thing either emotional or physical that was meaningful to the person at that time, or simply know something true about the person (depending on how you define clairsentient).

The thing is that everyone gets these impressions all the time. It's just that people who consider themselves to be psychic just pay attention to those impressions more and are more open to exploring them. I think there are certain qualities and experiences that can make someone more receptive to intuition, but it's not really beyond anyone or even really all that extraordinary once you get what's happening. I always think of it like swimming. ANYONE can swim. There are definitely outliers out there like Michael Phelps who just happen to have a perfect combination of traits and characteristics come together to make a extraordinarily gifted swimmer, but you don't have to be Michael Phelps to be a swimmer or even be a GREAT swimmer.

Every great intuitive (psychic) I've known have had four things they all shared:
1) well-defined (and often very devoted) spiritual practice (however they defined it)
2) deep curiosity/generally consider themselves to be lifelong learners
3) desire to serve
4) good sense of humor

That's it. They all made sacrifices once they were on the path, but those 4 things were pretty much the only definite things that seemed to be requirements to get there.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are technically also two subtypes of telepathy - the sending telepath and the receiving one. Usually, they claim to be more sensitive to one or the other, though they can develop both :D

While I don't consider myself telepathic, I do admit to that being true with...I guess I would call it Empathy, but I don't consider it supernatural in any way. It is very much possible to influence other people's moods (Sending Empath) and change the way they feel. It's also possible to just be overwhelmed by all the toxic shit they put out or live literally vicariously through your friend 10 feet away, who is completely smitten and sexually aroused by her boyfriend (Receiving Empath). Again, most people with this 'talent' tend to have a natural inclination towards one or the other, and the other one usually develops later.

It is really tough not developing these and sending and receiving unconsciously, because then the empath pushes out emotions unknowingly and also receives unknowingly..... being very strong in either requires great discipline, being strong in both without being conscious of it can mess up all surrounding the sender and mess up the receiver.

I don't know how much type has to do with it. My ENTP brother is very sensitive on the receiving side, getting overwhelmed in crowds. I have always been conscious of receiving as well, but I didn't realize I was being impacted by it, nd thought I just knew what they felt.

I have had the occasion to talk with people and then write down their words in a way that expressed their feelings and thoughts. They are shocked by what I have written because it wasn't what they told me, but was their thoughts and feelings they wished they could express but couldn't. I have heard the phrase, "How did you know that? I never told you that!" on too many occasions.

I only realized last year that I am a strong sender as well. As such I unwittingly push emotions for years on others unconsciously. Looking back I see this caused me trouble when I was in a bad mood. Today, I really try to push positive vibes because I know how fast I can cause others to get messed up.

I don't see it as supernatural per se, just talents that we don't fully understand yet. And since receiving empaths have been verified neurologically via the anterior insula cortex, it isn't mumbo-jumbo.

As to other things, I suspect there is some or much truth in the things science can see and touch. One day it will be clear.

Per my SIL, my wife's grandmother was psychic and read tea leaves. She stopped reading for others after predicting a death.

My mother talked to me once about her doing astral projection as a child. She does several forms of Eastern energy healing as a job for many years.

I had a GF (INFJ) in college that claimed to be a telepath. She said her family communicated that way. She told me I had the talent to learn. I broke up with her because she could see deep inside me, things I hid from myself, and accepted it all. She saw me my first day and immediately was drawn to me, saying I glowed to her. ... I wasn't ready to be healed.....or loved. ...

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
well, it's certainly extraordinary once you first start to experience it!

i think i am missing a -well-defined- spiritual practice. my beliefs are still settling into place. but i am progressing a lot lately with it

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, it's certainly extraordinary once you first start to experience it!

i think i am missing a -well-defined- spiritual practice. my beliefs are still settling into place. but i am progressing a lot lately with it

Well defined spiritual practice can be anything from 15 mins of meditation everyday, to saying a rosary or mandala to walking alone in nature. I've know precogs who get visions while painting and use them as the subject of their art. It's anything that allows you to go inside, close the door and be whole. Then sticking to that thing with some consistency once you find your way to it.