User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have footage from the last time I went to the doctor. After that meeting we though havent seen each others yet again : :/

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imI8baMrfGo"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    What do you other NF's think about psychics?

Are there legitimate psychics out there?

Have you ever gone to a psychic? How often and why? What questions did you have the most interest in? Future money? Future love? Children? Family members? Career?

Have you ever had a psychic tell you detailed things theres no way they could have just "known" or read off you?

At the same time, do you believe in auras? Have you personally ever had a picture of your aura done?
    Why is this in the NF section, and why are you asking NF's specifically? Do you especially believe that if people have "yes" answers to these questions that they will say so here? Some might, others probably won't.

We had a couple of these kind of threads going over in the religion/spirituality section like 2 years ago, I think I even started 2-3 of them. Several people commented privately on their interest/experience in them, but pointed out that they didn't wish to publicly comment on them.

Personally, I have always hated the work "psychic" and generally try to avoid it like that plague with the single exception of using it as a technical name for a level of existence when following or using a "Ken Wilber" model or description of higher states of consciousness. [Gross, psychic, subtle, causal, non-dual]. I do enjoy using the phrase "spirit world" from time to time though.

I don't like answering these kind of questions in the NF section of TypC, but since it was asked:

I think there are both legitimate people, and their are frauds. On many specific topics I am rather agnostic. I'm not sure where I personally call the line between what I will give credence to and what I won't. However, people who "claim to talk to dead people" I'm usually pretty wary of. Especially if they have been dead for a while.

Yes I have been to psychics and/or allowed them to practice on me. Yes, they did know very detailed things that they "normally" should have not been able to know [for examples details of my mothers childhood, which was like 50 years ago and 1500 miles away].

I can sense auras. No I have not ever had a "picture" of my aura taken. I have had numerous individuals "read" it though. Though different people and/or different times, they generally concurred about what they sensed and its interpretation.

Oh, I think that virtually every "psychic" or whatever they called themselves, and virtually every yoga teacher I've ever met, has been a NF. The former seemed to have more NFP's while the latter seemed to be almost entirely INFJ's, for whatever that is worth.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Why is this in the NF section, and why are you asking NF's specifically? Do you especially believe that if people have "yes" answers to these questions that they will say so here? Some might, others probably won't.
    It's definately not as strategic as I believe you think it is, lol! The only reason I put this topic here, instead of the bonfire.. is because I was hoping (perhaps optimistically) for a less skeptical environment that I might receive from sensors or thinkers (generalizations, god forbid). And yes, I realize that many will not feel comfortable airing what might be perceived as "superstitious notions" ... but counted on the fact that those highly interested in these matters, just might. =D Do I think there might be more of a correlation with NF's as opposed to die hard thinkers or sensors? FUck ya I do. Though I'm entirely accepting that I might be proven wrong. On a different stance... I've personally had some extraordinary experiences with one particular psychic, out of many, many others coming acrossed at frauds. I'd genuinely like to hear of others experiences, if your doubting my authenticity on the matter. =D
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's definately not as strategic as I believe you think it is, lol! The only reason I put this topic here, instead of the bonfire.. is because I was hoping (perhaps optimistically) for a less skeptical environment that I might receive from sensors or thinkers (generalizations, god forbid). And yes, I realize that many will not feel comfortable airing what might be perceived as "superstitious notions" ... but counted on the fact that those highly interested in these matters, just might. =D Do I think there might be more of a correlation with NF's as opposed to die hard thinkers or sensors? FUck ya I do. Though I'm entirely accepting that I might be proven wrong. On a different stance... I've personally had some extraordinary experiences with one particular psychic, out of many, many others coming acrossed at frauds. I'd genuinely like to hear of others experiences, if your doubting my authenticity on the matter. =D
    I was just wondering why this topic was brought up in a way that seemed to exclude non-NF's. It seems saslou's response has been the longest of anyone's so far.

You can put threads wherever you want. Personally I would [and have!] put them in the philosophy & religion area. Lark has put many there as well.

I know of at least two people who regularly put "spiritual stuff" in their blogs here, but one focuses more on "healing" while I tend to quote yoga theory and the like.

You may already be quite aware of this but there are plenty of places out there that provide "psychic training" or "spiritual healing training" if that is more someone's cup of tea.

Well, good luck with having others respond to your questions.

Phantonym

What do you other NF's think about psychics?
    Never met one. Do they taste good? Like chicken, right?

Are there legitimate psychics out there?
    Who knows really, there might be, you can't rule out the possibility that some people might be more attuned to something "out there". While others just really want to be and cannot or even don't want to be but still pretend to be to scam people.

Have you ever gone to a psychic? How often and why? What questions did you have the most interest in? Future money? Future love? Children? Family members? Career?
    No, I haven't. I do own a deck of tarot' if that counts. I'd mostly be selfish and be interested solely in me, myself and I.

Have you ever had a psychic tell you detailed things theres no way they could have just "known" or read off you?
    Nope. It would be interesting though.

At the same time, do you believe in auras? Have you personally ever had a picture of your aura done?
    Hm, possibly. Haven't seen one myself, nor have I had a picture taken. But since I do get different vibes about people, and hear people talking about seeing auras and stuff like that, I remain open to the idea. Believing or not believing doesn't directly influence my life anyway.

MBTI
    INFP

it all depends on your definition of psychic. intuitive, yes, but not all of them become psychics and there are different ways a psychic could decide to use their gift. If you mean are there psychics that are so strong it's obvious, think about it, their parents would send them to institutions or the government grabs them, the rest hide most of their abilities for the same reason. as for auras, yes, but I don't need a picture to see it. being psychic is your imagination mixed with intuition to the point it becomes visible, except your not hallucinating. that's the secret to believing it's real is realizing it can happen. just so you know, if you ever met the strong ones, you'd never doubt it again, so be patient.

MBTI
    INFP

I have always felt like I would be a good mentalist. I can tell people what they are about to say a lot and it freaks them out

-Sab

MBTI
    ENTJ

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

It's a crock of shit.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah, we already know that Tom an Katherine are twins.
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion
    Likes Xann liked this post