• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] INFJs, how has your own introverted Thinking affected your life?

zer0myher0

MBTI Type
INFJ
Have any of you INFJs worked hard to develop your introverted Thinking?

I'd love to hear your stories, if so.

I've worked very very hard on my Ti. I do think it's saved my life in many many ways.

It's given me the ability to earn a good living for myself.

It keeps me from getting my heart broken in a thousand ways every day. What does that mean exactly, I wonder? Is it tempering my Fe?

It's made me a better partner for INTPs, my favorite type. and helps me get along with all the NTs I work with.

I'm no longer the bowl of jello I used to be as a young woman because of Ti. It's given me a solid way of moving out in the world, outside of my own head.

But I wonder.... has it changed me in negative ways also? I suspect maybe so. But I'm not sure. Sometimes I seem hesitant to share my feelings now.

INFJs, what has your experience been with Ti?

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has helped to stabilize me for sure. I think being involved in a scientific background has encouraged both Ti and Te to thrive. As a child, I was quite sensitive, and felt quite idealistic about what I expected out of people. I wanted others to show integrity and kindness towards others. When I got into my teens- early 20s the "coldness" of reality dawned on me... I saw just how corrupt mankind could be, and I felt frustrated, and a bit deceived. I ended up going through a strong Ni-Ti loop in my later years of college. Theoretical knowledge seemed to be the best comfort for me. It still is in a way. I just end up withdrawing from the rest of the world and seem stoic. Didn't take much for me to develop it though... I've favored my brains over my heart.... too many times my heart has done me wrong. Trouble is, can't really shut off the emotions completely, can't seem to shake the fact that I truly do care about other people. But brains seems to prove to be more reliable.

SilverMoon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
hey everyone! yeah i have been working on my Ti because i cant keep living by just my feelings. ive gotten my heart broken and my feelings hurt many times too, but i had to work on strengthening up. i get overwelmed by my emotions sometimes but lately ive been getting better at keeping them at least in some control. im like a roller coaster if not lol but my boyfriend also helps me too, and i found that by working more on my Ti which seems to be my weakest part lol instead of just blowing up with emotions. but i think its helping me with my relationship now, we use to fight alot alot lol but now things are seeming better because i tend to think before i react more lol unless i get really pissed off because he is good at that haha but i love him so much :) i know im very random huh and i know what you mean because i dont always like to share my feelings either i feel like people think im a weirdo lol does anyone else feel like that?

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
For me, a negative aspect is that it made me more self-critical than I wish I was at times. This can cause you a lot of grief if you're not careful. I'd end up backtracking all the time and wishing I'd made different decisions when in reality I couldn't change anything.

The positive side: it has made me less critical of others. Nobody likes people who just blurt out insulting observations about things around them (often people with unhealthy Te), and Ti can have a way of shutting that side off. It has gone a really long way to help me stay aware of how to act around others, I think.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
For me, a negative aspect is that it made me more self-critical than I wish I was at times. This can cause you a lot of grief if you're not careful. I'd end up backtracking all the time and wishing I'd made different decisions when in reality I couldn't change anything.

Absolutely. And I hated the feeling of regretting something which I could've avoided in the past. :(

I would also like to add my introverted thinking has kept me away from taking any possible risk--including take a chance of a love commitment. I suppose it really has to do with I'm a strong non-believer of love at first sight. I usually invest too much time to get to know someone before considering a possible date. Of course, which makes my life far more difficult within the dating arena.