First 12

Thread: Help please

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

how about sitting with her and going through a few of these processes with her? then you can find out where the problem is occurring, and address it together.

no offense at all, but if you're anything like my INTP dad and brother, it's my experience that sometimes they have a very clear idea of what they're after, but get quickly frustrated when others are not exactly on the same page. for us, it often has to do with me not being as familiar with the context as they are, and therefore not being able to proceed down the same logical pathway.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow what kind of job where you just research stuff?

Is that an actual job?

Awesome

Explain it to me, I'll do it right.

Actually, I'm sort of busy running a fish hatchery, but what you are asking doesn't sound too hard. Maybe just PM me, and if I have time, I'll find out.

Of course, I do work with an ESFJ, and getting her to understand things is sometimes just impossible. I'd never ask her to research something This is not meant to be a derogatory comment towards ESFJs in general, just my co-worker probably would not be a great researcher since I've tried to explain things and failed.

Incidentally, why is an INTP (research-like personality) hiring an ENFJ to do research? It's not necessarily a bad choice, but she doesn't sound like she's very focused on what you want to know. Sounds like she wants approval and appreciation for partially doing what you want.

I think the best solution is to find someone better suited. What other benefits does this employee have? Is there something she's good at doing? Does the Pro out-weigh the Con?

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    If you want to see a stressed out ENFJ's "Fe" come in to play, where it could possibly involve either crying or you getting chewed out (depending on the situation and how long its been going on) do the above lol.
    Yes, been there once. Amenable until an explosion. Strange because they knew they were wrong, but it was like the feelings they had about being wrong about things were stored up and came out in attack instead of just addressing the issue.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    You said you had them write the instructions and they watched over your shoulder, but that's obviously not enough. Did you also write up a set of step by step instructions with a couple of clear examples; including, screenshots? Then, did you sit with them and watch them work until they get it right?

Dedicate a day, two days, whatever it takes to a workshop where they're working and you're there standby to guide them through it. If that fails, you may need to start looking for replacements.
    Ok, thanks!

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    The best way I can get a job done is by receiving the right training from the beginning, It must be clear and step by step...pre written instructions work wonders!!! I watch the first time around and if I have clean and clear notes its all good! If my notes are F'ed up and all over the place....and I'm just thrown in to something totally new, I tend to ask tons of questions until I totally understand it and feel confident in doing it correctly on my own (unless I have concise written instructions !). Try to go easy on them and try not be to harsh and critical, the ENFJ assumes that you are there to help develop them in their new roll...other wise the ENFJ might feel hurt and misunderstood. Thats how I am anyway, hope this helps! MBTI definitely helps in situations like these!

Its funny that you brought this up because my old boss was an INTP as well. At work we totally clashed, but outside of work I liked her just fine <3.
    One of the reasons I had them write it down themselves is because you usually remember what you write. Regarding "assumes that you are there to help develop them in their new roll"...that is a major disconnect for me. I expect to be able to give something to someone, confirm that they understand everything, and it be done. Do you tell people you understand something when you don't? A fear issue? I guess I am confused on how to know if they really do understand what I am asking them to do if they say they do but they really don't?

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    how about sitting with her and going through a few of these processes with her? then you can find out where the problem is occurring, and address it together.

no offense at all, but if you're anything like my INTP dad and brother, it's my experience that sometimes they have a very clear idea of what they're after, but get quickly frustrated when others are not exactly on the same page. for us, it often has to do with me not being as familiar with the context as they are, and therefore not being able to proceed down the same logical pathway.
    Well, this is why I started telling them what exactly was wanted, why it was wanted, how it was wanted, and how it would be used, etc. Is that sufficient context? What else can I provide? Even doing that, I still get things back that are irrelevant or half done. And, while they spent hours working on it, I could have come up with the same information in 10 minutes. I do not know how to fix this.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Why they don't understand and how to fix that is what I was trying to find the skinny on

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Thanks for everyone's help~

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well let us know how it goes.