First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've never been remotely interested in having sex with dudes, but I've had some VERY close friendships with guys (bromances if you must) that made me wonder "is this normal?" I've come to the conclusion that it is normal -- for an infp male. I remember when one of my best friends got married I used to visit him and his wife (who'd been a good friend too) from time to time, when I remembered, and at one point she complained jokingly but not really that whenever I was there it was sort of like she was the visitor.
    Scrubs, anyone?

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I agree with what alot of people have said here so no need rehashing old news, but sexual orientation is probably the one thing I have never been confused about. I don't think it has anything to do with MBTI type anyway does it? Just because we may not fit someone else's mold of manly has nothing to do with our reality. I think it takes more manliness ( courage?bravery? strength? guts? I dunno the right word I'm looking for here) to be yourself no matter what others think. I'm sure I've been called gay in the past for the way I relate to others but I don't really give a sh*t. I do have more true friends who are woman and I'm cool with that. I always thought it was weird that the "manly bros" just wanted to hang out with other dudes anyway!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Of course, I was wondering more if other INFPs tended to question themselves to that point, rather than if more INFPs were bisexual/homosexual than other types. I see it more now that I haven't personally exposed myself to enough contact to see a clear answer for myself yet.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ya I saw you that you posted that while I was typing. oops. I am a stereotypical INFP in that way....I take a long time for my answers! :yim_rolling_on_the_
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Figures! XD But I coulda been more clear to start with, so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, maybe.

First, many people assume I'm gay because of the way I talk and maybe how I react or relate. Here are supposedly gay stereotypical things:
    1. Drinking with pinky extended
    2. Love mom
    3. "hate" dad
    4. No interest in sports.
    5. Like Ikabena and Tokanoma
    6. Like the arts
    7. Talking with somewhat of a effeminate voice (Southern Effeminate)
    8. Some INFP stuff too...thrown in there.

Thus, I was confused about it. Like most things, I read dozens of books on it, including "Bisexuality and the Eroticism of Everyday Life."

I've hung out in gay culture. I love gays. I like their culture. It's really easy for them to believe I'm gay.

And maybe I am a kinsey 1 or 2.

But extremely majority...what organ I'm attracted to...is probably overwhelmingly heterosexual.

That said, I've had moments where I just wanted to be closer...where I wanted to touch someone. I want closeness. I think that's normal, whether someone thinks it's gay or not.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    That said, I've had moments where I just wanted to be closer...where I wanted to touch someone. I want closeness. I think that's normal, whether someone thinks it's gay or not.
    I think this is totally normal. I like to be close to people, and a lot of girls have mistakenly taken this the wrong way, even though they know I like men. I just like the feeling of having someone near, to hold, to talk to, whatever. But when it comes to who I would like to sleep with, I can't say that I have the urge to sleep with women. I mean, I've certainly thought about it, but I always come to the same conclusion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I am heterosexual, rarely questioned it. When I did I found I am heterosexual period!
    What gets me most is my inability to be social and flirt enough to be seen as attractive by the opposite sex to be sexually active.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I'll throw something else in here that I've always been a bit curious about. And maybe, this is more *culture related* than sexually, I don't know. But I've noticed with women, it seems to be much more acceptable to see eachother naked, or cuddle, or check out eachothers bodys, and still be heterosexual. I have never observed heterosexual men act towards eachother the way that my heterosexual girl friends and I have acted. Why is that? I've asked heterosexual guys this question.. why would you feel uncomfortable if another guy came over and you guys got ready together naked? Why would you NEVER consider cuddling up with a close guy friend? Why do you not go to the bathroom together, etc. I could name a million things that women do that closes in on the gap of sexuality, knowing that there is no real sexual root in it. But it seems to make many men uncomfortable... is this purley cultural? Or is it that women *can* be such emotional creatures, that we understand the levels of this? And men are so stimuli-sexually oriented, that they don't understand the need or benefits of such closeness?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Thinking of going to the bathroom with another guy is kind of strange to me in all honesty. I mean, I've went to the bathroom with one of my girl friends, and it wasn't weird, and we were just friends. I think if I was dating a guy I would be cool peeing and showering/walking around naked with him, and maybe if I had a close girl friend I would be okay changing or being in my underwear or things like that.

Also, I was at a straight male friends house a couple years ago, and he was going to take a shower, and I was in the other bathroom, and he came walking in naked to get his towel...He didn't seem to find it awkward, but I found it slightly so.