First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

As far as I know, I'm 100% straight, although I wonder, if maybe, just maybe, I'm only 98% straight. I mean physically males are unappealing to me, and I've never been attracted to the typical male like persona at all. Although that doesn't mean I'm incapable of loving someone else of the same gender; love for me is indiscriminate of what gender they are, if I like someone a lot and care about them personally, then I would consider that love none the less. I suppose that would fall under the category of a bromance I think, but as far as I'm concerned it's probably normal for an INFP like myself, since INFP's are probably more likely to value a strong bond of freindship to great levels.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm heterosexual & have never been confused about it. While I've had mini-identity crises, they never involved my sexuality, because honestly, I don't define myself by sexual desires. They are what they are. Like, labeling myself heterosexual is waaaaay down the list of adjectives I'd used to describe who I am as a person. I don't let passing thoughts confuse me either...I imagine all kinds of weird (some disturbing) stuff I'd never do nor truly have the desire to do. I also easily discern between recognizing beauty & experiencing sexual attraction. I suppose some people get confused if they don't grasp these differences though.

So my identity crises are more about how I will meet my ideal self in reality; I always know my basic, physical desires - I am not confused about those.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    While none of that is normally confusing for male INFPs (except insofar as feeling out of step with the surround culture) I suppose a subset of young, idealistic INFPs do tend to focus on the emotional aspects of relationships at the expense of an awareness of the sexual aspects. This could, in theory, lead to some confusion given the romantic tones that friendship can have. I have a hard time seeing such confusion surviving actual sexual interaction, though.
    Right on, nukka. I feel that logic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks for the replies, guys!

And thanks for not understanding my 'logic', Mr or Ms INTJ. I appreciate it. :P

I wouldn't say that I've been confused by physical desires. I just rarely put myself in a situation where I'd be checking. As far as what arouses me though, both genders depending on my mood; I'd say that's a fair reason to wonder, though I'm certainly not having a crisis over it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skillethelm View Post
    And thanks for not understanding my 'logic', Mr or Ms INTJ. I appreciate it. :P
    Well 'strange' doesn't necessarily have to mean 'not understanding'. There are many many paths for one to lead towards such thought. There is a greater inclination to observe what is thought then judge you upon it within my perceptions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Well 'strange' doesn't necessarily have to mean 'not understanding'. There are many many paths for one to lead towards such thought. There is a greater inclination to observe what is thought then judge you upon it within my perceptions.
    All right. Then, feel free to define what you've observed and I'll interpret at will. XD

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by skillethelm View Post
    All right. Then, feel free to define what you've observed and I'll interpret at will. XD
    The idea would be the generalisation you mentioned of the INFP being confused with sexual orientation. Usually such is not the case as for those who experience similar to that which you feel about what you tend to be attracted to may be of many different MBTI types. Of course many of them end up pinning themselves down to bisexual or pansexual.

I guess were I to have a problem here it would be the generalisation that INFPs tend to be such more than other types in which one would start analysing the functions of the INFP and how they might adhere to being such by it. The thought of 'I am INFP and I am slightly confused by my sexual orientation and wish to see if other INFPs are the same as me' is the strange bit because if you find other INFPs are the same as you, it would perhaps (whether on a subconscious or conscious level) delude you more to thinking it's more a trait of the INFP than any other type.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I'm gay, but I was never really that confused about it. It went from knowing I liked guys to understanding that I was gay. Honestly, I think it's one of the only things I haven't been confused about. I do question who I am a lot, but not dealing with sexual orientation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    The idea would be the generalisation you mentioned of the INFP being confused with sexual orientation. Usually such is not the case as for those who experience similar to that which you feel about what you tend to be attracted to may be of many different MBTI types. Of course many of them end up pinning themselves down to bisexual or pansexual.

I guess were I to have a problem here it would be the generalisation that INFPs tend to be such more than other types in which one would start analysing the functions of the INFP and how they might adhere to being such by it. The thought of 'I am INFP and I am slightly confused by my sexual orientation and wish to see if other INFPs are the same as me' is the strange bit because if you find other INFPs are the same as you, it would perhaps (whether on a subconscious or conscious level) delude you more to thinking it's more a trait of the INFP than any other type.
    Yes, that all makes sense. It seems like the answer I'm mostly getting is that it isn't a more 'INFP' trait necessarily, so, that's been cleared up for me fairly well. I usually can't make these determinations confidently without outside input. It's always nice to hear others feel or think the same as I do, but that said, I was looking for clarity on the matter, not so much assent. Which is what I'm sure you're trying to provide me, so-- thanks. :workout:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kriash View Post
    I'm gay, but I was never really that confused about it. It went from knowing I liked guys to understanding that I was gay. Honestly, I think it's one of the only things I haven't been confused about. I do question who I am a lot, but not dealing with sexual orientation.
    That's good to hear.