User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default INTJ Tertiary Fi

A few NFs in here (also one SP) said that they love the INTJ's tertiary Fi. How does this "tertiary Fi" look like in real life? Can you give examples of how this function expresses (or might express) itself in reality? And what's so endearing about it?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's like when they have kitty cat avatars and suddenly have strong values about particular things after coming across as so uber-rational usually.

What's not to love?

I don't intend to be insulting in saying this, but I don't think they are that uber rational exactly. Te is more informative to me. There's almost a perceptive quality to it it seems, where it's just estimating the worth and self-evident nature of things, without it being overly couched in some internal rationale or system (as in Fi or Ti). Where I see the first signs of good Fi is in just how informative some are and/or how much I can talk to them. The more exclusive and less open they are to people/the world at large, the less they see (and the less helpful to me at least). If they seem a bit overreactive and just shoot down a lot of angles to things, it's a sign that they keep their affiliations and interests very tight and specialized. It shows that they haven't explored it (if they did, they'd have something constructive to offer). I've seen INTJs with very exclusive likes and wants, who can be plenty jerkish to even other INTJs. I like the second, who can discuss more things, and have more connection to..umm..humanity or something. They even want to be friends. That would be Fi.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah I mean they aren't always uber-rational in reality because they have that Ni dom so they can either be paranoid or extremely imaginative and quirky, which is fun and I like, but they tend to try to operate for the most part in Te mode, and they think they're being uber-rational. And sometimes they really are. They have a grounding quality, and yes, I consider that to be rationality.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

this:
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this:
    An everyday occurance.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Seeing such a strong person, who's often slightly intimidating due to their intelligence and competence, have such a sweet core of vulnerability to them..it's paradoxal and humanizes them again as well. Especially as that core is often pure and raw, as they tend to keep it hidden and are often unaware of it. Catching glimpses of it never fails to make me smile. I may look vulnerable and child-like sometimes, but because I wear my Fi out in the world, it's been...affected. Adjusted, to withstand that kind of abuse. I'm aware that people can take care of my vulnerability which kind of lowers the innocence and raw nature of Fi. It becomes more polished and aware, in order to survive.

Theirs is often pure still. Raw at its core. Full of potential and rarely poluted.

A diamond in the rough.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

its the ultimate stubborness in things that doesent make any sense
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think Fi has to mean being cute and cuddly and crying all the time (But it does manifest itself like that ) Tert Fi in an ITJ are those times when it's apparent they're not relying on the 'rational' approach to something.

Like my INTJ friend, who doesn't feel the need to apologize to other people (friends & fam) if he's in the wrong. Nothing big- let's just say he said something that was out of line. His thought is that the other person is not acting "rational" in the situation- since the person should know that his intentions weren't to offend. So he doesn't, and would rather not deal with the person instead of just saying that he's sorry for what he said. He's allowing his Ni/Te to override his Fi (he really does care about the person he offended, just doesn't think he has to apologize)
    This guy will be 30 next month.

If he had developed Fi, he'd allow his feelings about that person influence his actions. He doesn't have to cry or act out of character- just give a sincere apology over the matter, and be done with it.