• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, love, obsession, or myth???

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
group hug!! elfie wants in! *pounces in*

:D

CC. brutally honest: remember to be gentle, too. esp to yourself. :hug:

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've been dissecting myself since age six or seven.

*I am constantly confronting myself*

And this is sometimes annoying because while others are more privy to delude themselves and be :), I am not.

I have a deeply ingrained instinct, *to keep it real*

I could lead you to several posts of mine that clearly convey this fact.

I am brutally honest with both myself and others.

So, yeah, reading your assessment of me comes as quite a shock.

*Also, those that constantly need affirmation from other people, do suffer from incredibly low self esteem.

I am not guilty of low self esteem, but maybe of somewhat fluctuating self esteem. I agree with CC on the constant confrontation of myself. I am definitely my harshest critic, and am realistic about myself.

And this, more than anything, I think is responsible for the self-esteem downswings.

The affirmation is what helps balance that out, even the little stuff. Phone calls from my busy busy friends. The little reputation points underneath my avatar. The A's on my report card.

It is really hard to admit, but I need those.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My best friend introduced me to "Please Don't Understand Me II", and I took the test from that book, and scored ENFP, I've also taken the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and scored ENFP, I've retaken the test 5-8 times in the five years since, and except for once scoring as an INFP, I am always an ENFP.

But, what I truly care about is the fact that when I did/do research on this type, I am literally rendered speechless by how spot on it is.

I shit you not, it's like witnessing voodoo magic or something, ironically when reading about my type, I did/do in fact feel... understood!!!

I know without a shadow of doubt that I am an ENFP, (though I frequently doubt others who claim to be, or test "positive" as).

We must be rare, because I have met damn near close to zero people who are even remotely like me.

But yeah, it is something I freakishly identify with.

Why?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Phone calls from my busy busy friends. The little reputation points underneath my avatar. The A's on my report card.
LOL, I don't relate to this *at all*. (and I am not being sarcastic here, in fact I am being quite literal)

And no offense to your gender, but could this be a male thing???

(I think it may be ;) )

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
My best friend introduced me to "Please Don't Understand Me II", and I took the test from that book, and scored ENFP, I've also taken the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and scored ENFP, I've retaken the test 5-8 times in the five years since, and except for once scoring as an INFP, I am always an ENFP.

But, what I truly care about is the fact that when I did/do research on this type, I am literally rendered speechless by how spot on it is.

I shit you not, it's like witnessing voodoo magic or something, ironically when reading about my type, I did/do in fact feel... understood!!!

I know without a shadow of doubt that I am an ENFP, (though I frequently doubt others who claim to be, or test "positive" as).

We must be rare, because I have met damn near close to zero people who are even remotely like me.

Why?

Do you doubt most ENFP-claimers on this site also, or just in real life?

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type

Why?

That's good that you're so certain of yourself. :)

Cos heh. I'm not quite sure about my type. :blush: I took the official MBTI test years ago (the one where they have professionals to administer it to you on paper). I tested INTP then. It was quite definitive, since none of the answers were close. i was 100% N, for instance.

But recently on the jungian tests, i've been getting all sorts of mixes of INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTP. So i'm quite :huh: at it all. Just wondering if mood affects, or if constant retaking affects--since one may second guess oneself, and skew the answers that way. Was wondering if there's any more exhaustive, accurate test that can be taken. Perhaps i should take a look at the book you mentioned. :yes:

I do know i'm not an F though. Too rational for it. although, i've had quite a few people telling me i'm INFP on this forum. :doh: just wondering to what degree mood affects.

yea. INTPs are rare too. i think we're supposed to be not more than 5% of the population or something. Thank goodness for the world. :D

Back to Hexis' opening question: are ENFPs obsessive by nature then? As in, they'd want to go deep into a topic/person, and not back out at all?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Do you doubt most ENFP-claimers on this site also, or just in real life?
To my knowledge, I've never met one in real life. :sad:

When reading other ENFPs on this forum, however, a sorta feeling either resonates with me, or it doesn't. The more it resonates, the more I identify/feel that that other person is also an ENFP!!!

That is why I love this forum, reading other "real" ENFP's posts makes me feel less freakish, for some reason. :blush:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
And another question is it just me or do all ENFPs have a lack of patience, I have almost none.

Me, me! No patience whatsoever. I'm very restless.

don't know that many ENFPs, so i may be mistaken, but from the ones here: it seems to me as though ENFPs value inner feelings more--as in, their sense of wellbeing is highly dependent on how the world perceives them?

This is absolutely the case with me (the bolded part).

Dana and Nameless sound more grounded/balanced to me, in the sense that they do not need to seek affirmation from everyone, only from those they respect. (perhaps the degrees of T and F here matter. Are both of yours more balanced on the T/F scale than CC, Hexis and perhaps tarabell??).

What would you say of me as ENFP? ;)

I think ENFP's are very different in this aspect.
I am not very much what you describe.

I was to add here that I have always taken my relationships very seriously because I do not want to hurt people. I take not hurting people VERY seriously.

But recently on the jungian tests, i've been getting all sorts of mixes of INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTP.

You seem very INFP'ish at times but it could be just that you are well balanced with your F-side. :)

When reading other ENFPs on this forum, however, a sorta feeling either resonates with me, or it doesn't. The more it resonates, the more I identify/feel that that other person is also an ENFP!!!

That resonate part is something that I feel with some of ENFP's here too. I do not have the feeling of all ENFP's here but it might be just the age difference (many people are here in their twenties and I'm in my thirties + in very different life situation (children and all that). So I would say ENFP in her twenties is somewhat different than ENFP in her thirties. Usually I mean.

I have studied some function books and have come to conclusion that I do have quite strong Te and Si and those might really balance me or make me look like a different kind of ENFP? I don't know.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
What would you say of me as ENFP? ;)

You have a farm. You are so beautifully calm, yet with warm humor. And your cat avatars are lovely. You live with animals. Lots of animals. I wanna go live with you. :cry:

and your immediate impulse would be to take me in.

;)

I was to add here that I have always taken my relationships very seriously because I do not want to hurt people. I take not hurting people VERY seriously.

So ENFPs object to hurting people? Is this common for all ENFPs?

You seem very INFP'ish at times but it could be just that you are well balanced with your F-side. :)

To be an INFP, you have to have strong Fe, right? But Fe is one of my weakest scores, second only to Si. :rofl1: If it helps any, my Ni, Se, Fi and Ti are all quite strong. Ne is strongest for me. Am not extroverted tho; people wear me out. Esp crowds. elfie gets nervy in crowds.

perhaps the best type to be is XXXX.

That resonate part is something that I feel with some of ENFP's here too. I do not have the feeling of all ENFP's here but it might be just the age difference (many people are here in their twenties and I'm in my thirties + in very different life situation (children and all that). So I would say ENFP in her twenties is somewhat different than ENFP in her thirties. Usually I mean.

I have studied some function books and have come to conclusion that I do have quite strong Te and Si and those might really balance me or make me look like a different kind of ENFP? I don't know.

yes. age does matter; and experience. Young INTPs would tend to be brasher, i'd guess. Same for any type. Age tempers.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
YES!!!

This is soooooooooo integral to who I am it's crazy, I'm assuming the same to be true for others.

Also, ;) I'm still mentally synthesizing my response to your other post.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
ah. i'll tell ya here then that i have no qualms about hurting other people, especially if they have hurt me, and i've given many chances. What i will not hurt though, are those weaker, poorer, or more defenceless than myself.

Take your time. and while we're at it, note that you're at post 998. 2 more to 1000! :holy:

any excuse for a celebration. :cheers:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You have a farm. You are so beautifully calm, yet with warm humor. And your cat avatars are lovely. You live with animals. Lots of animals. I wanna go live with you. :cry:

and your immediate impulse would be to take me in.

Thank you! It is often very hard to see how other people see you and especially here in the online world. :) In real world I think most of the people just see my huge energy flow :smile:.

One other interesting thing in online world is the way people see only your personality and the physical appearance does not affect it. So it's interesting to know how me without a physical appearance affect on people because people do get different impression when the physcial body is also involved. :D

You are very welcome to come here even if it's probably quite far away from where you are. ;)

Actually I didn't mean that. This thread somehow made me feel ENFP's love to play with people somehow. That is why I wanted to write that I hate hurting people (probably because I don't want them to hurt me?)

To be an INFP, you have to have strong Fe, right? But Fe is one of my weakest scores, second only to Si. :rofl1: If it helps any, my Ni, Se, Fi and Ti are all quite strong.

Ok, you are not necessarily INFP'ish but you seem to be really well in balance with your F. I know several INTP's who are that way. They are really ejoyable people. My sister is one. :)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's good that you're so certain of yourself. :)

Cos heh. I'm not quite sure about my type. :blush: I took the official MBTI test years ago (the one where they have professionals to administer it to you on paper). I tested INTP then. It was quite definitive, since none of the answers were close. i was 100% N, for instance.

But recently on the jungian tests, i've been getting all sorts of mixes of INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTP. So i'm quite :huh: at it all. Just wondering if mood affects, or if constant retaking affects--since one may second guess oneself, and skew the answers that way. Was wondering if there's any more exhaustive, accurate test that can be taken. Perhaps i should take a look at the book you mentioned. :yes:

I do know i'm not an F though. Too rational for it. although, i've had quite a few people telling me i'm INFP on this forum. :doh: just wondering to what degree mood affects.

yea. INTPs are rare too. i think we're supposed to be not more than 5% of the population or something. Thank goodness for the world. :D
I don't know how accurate the test is TBH, all I know is that it is accurate for me, for example, I never type other people I meet, well I do "type" them, but I have different archetypal standards, lol.

Also, certain people are more "fluid" in their personalities.

LOL, I've always had a staunch personality!

ah. i'll tell ya here then that i have no qualms about hurting other people, especially if they have hurt me, and i've given many chances. What i will not hurt though, are those weaker, poorer, or more defenceless than myself.
Honestly, :hug: for being real with your response, I believe many people feel this way, but are either too sneaky, and, or afraid to admit it!!! ;)

*It should be noted that I have fire in me, and if I see someone belligerently hurting someone else in a "weaker" position than they, I will pull out the guns/knives/and heavy emotional/psychological artillery.

*DOWN WITH BULLIES*

One other interesting thing in online world is the way people see only your personality and the physical appearance does not affect it. So it's interesting to know how me without a physical appearance affect on people because people do get different impression when the physcial body is also involved. :D
This is a thread-worthy topic, I can go on, and on about the coolness/interestingness of this fact! ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ No, you!!!

I'm already a threadwhore, ;)

Also, the mods seem to like to start threads for me. :shock:

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
So after converseing with another ENFP we both realise that other people tend to "fall in love" with us very quickly. Not saying that its "true" love their feeling but rather they grow very attached and think they fall in love, not sure rather or not its real. So it makes casual dateing very difficult, hell to tell the truth I havent casually dated since I was in middle school and of course that doenst count lol. So what im wondering is if this is a common thing for ENFPs like us and if your not an ENFP what is it like dateing us.

I know we are pretty much the cupid of personality types and relationships, especially intimate ones, are our biggest concern. But I didnt realise how powerful of relationship masters we can be, even with out conscious thought we make others "fall in love" with us.

So all thoughts appreciated.

TRUE! I dont want to sound pretentious, but YES many people fall in love with me. I just want to know them as a person, but they end up falling in love with me, without me doing anything to bait them.
You know its frustrating!! This is especially true, if its a male friend whom you like, but they want it to go beyond friendship and that ruins things. I mean cant we know a person at a human level?? Why does romance have to come into it.
Im seriously tired of people falling in love with me. I mean give me a challenge plz!! Let me make the first move or show interest in you, why do you have to fall on me! arghhh.
I also had stalkers stalking me to international countries! Holidaying where i holiday etc....so yes its not a good feeling. Plus its not a good feeling rejecting the other person too. So its not an easy life.

( I sound so arrogant, but what i mean to say is its frustrating when ppl throw themselves at you and think you feel the same way about them as they do about you- not knowing there are levels of intimacy with an ENFP).

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^ No, you!!!

I'm already a threadwhore, ;)

Also, the mods seem to like to start threads for me. :shock:

Isn't it nice when somebody starts a thread on your behalf?
.....hmmmm....
(meaning here the mods starting threads for you)

I might start a thread about online vs. real world me later on.....
I don't feel like starting threads right now....

I'm not on the right mood currently. :vader1: