• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, love, obsession, or myth???

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
So after converseing with another ENFP we both realise that other people tend to "fall in love" with us very quickly. Not saying that its "true" love their feeling but rather they grow very attached and think they fall in love, not sure rather or not its real. So it makes casual dateing very difficult, hell to tell the truth I havent casually dated since I was in middle school and of course that doenst count lol. So what im wondering is if this is a common thing for ENFPs like us and if your not an ENFP what is it like dateing us.

I know we are pretty much the cupid of personality types and relationships, especially intimate ones, are our biggest concern. But I didnt realise how powerful of relationship masters we can be, even with out conscious thought we make others "fall in love" with us.

So all thoughts appreciated.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Some of my guesses as to why our friends, (or my friends at least), or the people we casually date fall for us...

-We're fun

-We're exciting

-We're passionate

-We're attentive

-We're great conversationalists

-We're sensual

-We're kind

-We're goofy, and witty

-We're easy going

-We're eccentric in a good way

-We're amazing, ;), ;)

-We have a way of making people feel good about themselves

-We make the person feel comfortable, "just being themselves"

-We are pretty confident as far as people go

-We are charismatic

-I don't know about others, but I know that I am generally deemed as being attractive

-Oh, and we are uncharacteristically, humble, lol. :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Also, I tend to be attracted to oddballs/outcasts, both as friends and as potential mates and I think that these "type" of people are not used to getting attention from, what I guess they'd perceive me to be as, such a "popular" girl.

Little do they know that I am, in fact, a hardcore dork!!! :devil:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You can still edit the title of your thread if you go here and double-click the box where your thread is and change "upsesion" to "obsession". :)

nemo

Enneagram
<3
My friend in high school is an ENFP and he doesn't have this problem at all.

He can get girls interested in him easily enough, but I think he overwhelms them with his energy/eccentricity. That'd be my assessment of his problem, anyway.

He's also moderately good looking, I'd say, so that's not the issue.

But he also has other personal problems that aren't type specific.

If you want this sort of thing to stop, you should develop enough "T" so that people become slightly intimidated by you & afraid to approach. That seems to be *my* problem. (Trade some T for F plz?)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^Oh, I always, er, damn near always, approach my "victims", lol.

Oh, and I'll take some of your T, any day, want some of my F??? ;)

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
You can still edit the title of your thread if you go here and double-click the box where your thread is and change "upsesion" to "obsession". :)

AHA ty lol, spelling was always one of my worst problems i like to spell things pheonetically (not even sure if thats correct hahaha)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I love ENFPs in real life, but hate them online.

I love ENFPs in real life because they are quick to grasp what I am saying, seemingly more from how I am saying it than by what I am actually saying. I find that skill to be fascinating and their demeanor always lightens up the room. Sadly, they can't do those things online, and so the magic doesn't exist when I encounter them in discussions. Misunderstandings occur very often as a result, and their impulsiveness really shows up, sometimes seeming incredibly inappropriate.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sorry guys... Don't kill me but I'm wary of ENFPs in real life. I like them but I would not consider a relationship with one, unless he was more mature. Friendships yes, they make great companions. Not relationships.

A lot of energy and enthusiasm for something, but it fades just as quickly. Perhaps it is the guardedness of a T/N, but sometimes it feels as if they're giving that much because they want to be reaffirmed/want to be needed.

So, in a sense, it doesn't have to be you they are interested in/love, as long as it is someone who gives them that deep affirmation, they will be attracted.

That's not a healthy base for a relationship to me, because someone else can always give more.

So yups. I prefer I guess someone who is clearer where their affections lie, who feels as if I'm the one and not only because of reassurance/he needs someone, who does not do the emotional flipflops that leaves my heart cold.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I love ENFPs in real life, but hate them online.

I love ENFPs in real life because they are quick to grasp what I am saying, seemingly more from how I am saying it than by what I am actually saying. I find that skill to be fascinating and their demeanor always lightens up the room. Sadly, they can't do those things online, and so the magic doesn't exist when I encounter them in discussions. Misunderstandings occur very often as a result, and their impulsiveness really shows up, sometimes seeming incredibly inappropriate.

Well not most but all of our "grand" social skills come from being very alert to tones and body laungage, we are like super sensitive to it. I can tell what kind of face someone is makeing, their stance and sometimes even their more subtle body laungage just from their voice with my back turned. And our over active future thinking allows us to percieve where a conversation is headed before even the speaker nows it sometime and then manipulate it. (i do this rather often) But, all of this only works in person when we can hear their voice and see them(or atleast be in the same room).

And another question is it just me or do all ENFPs have a lack of patience, I have almost none. And thus will lead to some of my outbursts on the forums, ok let me correct myself all of them LOL.

typo

MBTI Type
INTJ
I prefer I guess someone who is clearer where their affections lie, who feels as if I'm the one and not only because of reassurance/he needs someone

Aelan, another interpretation is that the ENFP is just appreciating the feeling or affirmation from others more and you might be prone to interpret this as a loss of affection for you, even if it isn't. In other words, you might see the affirmation the F exchanges in to be an apple with only so many bites, whereas for the F, it's an all-you-can-eat buffet.

typo

MBTI Type
INTJ
AHA ty lol, spelling was always one of my worst problems i like to spell things pheonetically (not even sure if thats correct hahaha)

Nah, u probly ment "fenetic." Happens to me, too.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sorry guys... Don't kill me but I'm wary of ENFPs in real life. I like them but I would not consider a relationship with one, unless he was more mature. Friendships yes, they make great companions. Not relationships.

A lot of energy and enthusiasm for something, but it fades just as quickly. Perhaps it is the guardedness of a T/N, but sometimes it feels as if they're giving that much because they want to be reaffirmed/want to be needed.

So, in a sense, it doesn't have to be you they are interested in/love, as long as it is someone who gives them that deep affirmation, they will be attracted.

That's not a healthy base for a relationship to me, because someone else can always give more.

So yups. I prefer I guess someone who is clearer where their affections lie, who feels as if I'm the one and not only because of reassurance/he needs someone, who does not do the emotional flipflops that leaves my heart cold.

Okey-dokey,

This is only from my personal perspective of being an ENFP, but...

Yes, I can be very "excited" at first, and very optimistic, but I am *never* dishonest with people I get myself involved with, never.

Upon first getting to know each other, I always explain to them "The Rules of Chick"

How I can be fickle, flaky...

Also, I always warn that I am a *crazy* atypical person, let alone female. lol.

(I'm not going to bore you with the details, but believe you me, they get them ;) )

But, all in all, I am incredibly loyal to people who withstand the "tests" of time, and if I deem someone worthy of my friendship, or girlfriendship, I will be just that, a good friend, and, or, a girlfriend.

I am well liked, always have been. and I'm assuming always will be, therefore, I am not in search of getting validation from "admirers", yuck.

I *know* I'm pretty

I *know* I'm smart

I *know* I'm special...

What I am really looking for is a *partner*, and an *equal*, someone to complement my weaker areas and vice versa.

I'm not down for hurting people or leading people on, no how, no way, yuck.

Can I be flirtatious? Yes

Can I be playful? Yes

But I can, and am, often quite serious and loyal in my affections, (and when I am not, I am 100% open about it, i.e the guy knows I am only having fun)

*Also, for what it is worth, I have only been in love once.

;)

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
My friend's GF is an ENFP and she is real cool, very friendly, out going, fun and lovable. She is real cool as a friend but if I had, had the chance to date her I wouldn't she is better as friend IMO, but I would like to meet more ENFPs though.:yes:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I've always been more of the friend than the person someone wanted to date.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ I wanna date you Dana, we could have some hot lesbian ENFP sex!!!

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP

I don't agree with that at all. I am hugely picky with my friends and relationships, and won't just love whoever gives me the most affirmation. If there isn't enough affirmation, however, then I tend to feel uncomfortable and won't be myself and hate that and the friendship or relationship won't work out.

So the affirmation is needed at a certain point in time, but does not necessarily mean the person is attractive to me at all just because they like me and are giving it.

Also, I feel like a lot of people think of the affirmation that we need as hyper puppy dog style, "Oh, Mr. ENFP, you're wonderful" kind of affirmation, but it can be way more subtle than that. If I can see in your eyes that you are interested in what I'm saying, for example, when I talk to you, then that's enough for me.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't agree with it at all either. Only someone unique and "qualified" is someone I would be attracted to. In fact, cheap affirmation is a turn-off. I really have no idea why you would think ENFPs are like that.