• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs, love, obsession, or myth???

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well not most but all of our "grand" social skills come from being very alert to tones and body laungage, we are like super sensitive to it. I can tell what kind of face someone is makeing, their stance and sometimes even their more subtle body laungage just from their voice with my back turned. And our over active future thinking allows us to percieve where a conversation is headed before even the speaker nows it sometime and then manipulate it. (i do this rather often) But, all of this only works in person when we can hear their voice and see them(or atleast be in the same room).

And another question is it just me or do all ENFPs have a lack of patience, I have almost none. And thus will lead to some of my outbursts on the forums, ok let me correct myself all of them LOL.
i know this is old but someone bumped it and i'm reading from the beginning...this is so true...i always know what people mean irl...and hate getting confused online because it messes up my whole deal...i'm usually pretty quick and can feed off of people well on their wave length but online not so much because i read most posts with several interpretations and can't trust which one is right half the time...so frustrating!

anyway...i AM impatient also...i get frustrated having to sit quietly while people tell me something after i already know what they're going to say....it's like insulting almost like they think i don't get it or couldn't figure it out.
i realize that sucks...i'm just sayin it cuz it's true.:blush:

----------------
Now playing: The Kooks - She Moves in Her Own Way
via FoxyTunes

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I have a LOT of patience.. an annoying amount of it, I'd say. I think I'd do well with a shorter fuse.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a LOT of patience.. an annoying amount of it, I'd say. I think I'd do well with a shorter fuse.

i have patience for many things...lines...traffic...waiting for anyone to do something...but for some reason it's just listening to boring monologues of boring shit that i figured out after the first sentence...haha...ahhh...that's awful!

----------------
via FoxyTunes

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't thought about this much, but I'd say as a potential relationship, until they have proven that they are someone that I don't want to have one with. Relationship meaning lots of things like friend, mentor, romantic, etc.

Maybe that's why we get excited when someone walks into the room...awesome, a new friend! Or someone I can learn something from! Or 934857423984723 other possibilities!

But in the end it is hard to make the cut sometimes.

true...and i said just this the other day to a friend...i think i approach every new person as a potentially important person in my life...because you never know...life happens like that...and i don't want to miss someone because i wasn't paying attention.

----------------
via FoxyTunes

deleted
Just randomly, do any of you ENFPs know any ISTPs in real life? Have any ISTP friends? What do you think of them?

Simply put introvert (harder to realize is there) sensor (assumes is there, quite happy about surrounding objects) thinking (taken by most as holding boring topics) perceiver (in tune to others perceptions, original way of looking at the world.)

Usually athletic looking, although probably comes off as weird or creepy. The loner who is happy to just get his point out there in the open, prefers a conventional way of thinking which I heard is attractive to ENFPs. Innovative though stubborn. Likes people with an obscure presence.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
How come an average looking ENFP like myself has never been in a serious relationship then?

Well I guess there's almost zero interaction with women on my daily routine so...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^maybe you should stop trying to fight everybody!! haha...ahhh...i'm sorry i was just kidding...you just got to get out and meet people i guess.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
:drool:
Some of my guesses as to why our friends, (or my friends at least), or the people we casually date fall for us...

Intoxicating. Literally. You could be watch video game tournaments and sucking on dried squid, and then add hahaha, and I will be like :drool:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha... WHAT?? sucking on dried squid?? you people are SO weird!

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
WOW, when did this start up again?!

Well erinavery I have stuff to reply to your post, but im a little intoxcated so will save it for later.

:hi:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
The original post is long gone. But I'll say I find people feel like they have known me longer than they have. They feel at home quick.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
My reaction? If someone I'm dating falls in love real quick, I either:

A. Think it's hormonal.
B. Think they're falling in love with just an 'illusion.'
C. If they're a non U.S. citizen- perhaps green card? I'm quite leery.

It takes a while for me to fall in love. I may *crush* on someone pretty badly in the beginning if my heart palpitates madly for them at first sight, but that means nothing.

So when someone says they're falling in love real quick, I usually back off and tell them to take it slow (b/c people can sometimes get jaded/disenchanted with the whole "dating" scene every once in a while too, especially if they can read others real easily..)

P.S.- I see it more as a hormonal thing, rather an ENFP attraction. When it comes to love & chemistry between 2 people, even 2 rationals can fall in love with each other reeaall quickly, even if it makes no rational sense to them.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think the ENFP draw is that we are kinda insane. I've been told many times that people feel they can show more of their crazy side with me. If they haven't felt like that before with someone they might feel it's something other than just my personality.

My mom (i think ESFP) has said before "I could always get the guy, I just couldn't always keep him" I think it could be similar with enfp if people are just all up in the magic of our personality but not us individually.

p.s. Viv, I always assume it's "B"
And this happens with friendships too, I don't know if anyone has noticed.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I completely get what you mean!

Forgot to add: "D" all of the above..

I guess what I would say to why we react the way we do in terms of keeping the relationship- we push those away, who we feel we innately or intuitively know we might not mesh well with in the beginning. So instead of filling the void like some people do, we'd rather opt to take it slow or rather just cut off the relationship a.s.a.p.?? That's how I work.. dk about others.. I just couldn't lie to myself if something doesn't quite feel *right.*

That's why finding the 'right' person is so hard. I'd rather be true to myself than to settle..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The original post is long gone. But I'll say I find people feel like they have known me longer than they have. They feel at home quick.

it goes both ways though doesn't it? i feel a level of closeness with people earlier then most i think.

and regarding the op...i just think it has to do with feeling comfortable, understood and accepted so soon that might bring about that response but i have no idea if it's type related or not.
----------------
Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
via FoxyTunes

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
My reaction? If someone I'm dating falls in love real quick, I either:

A. Think it's hormonal.
B. Think they're falling in love with just an 'illusion.'
C. If they're a non U.S. citizen- perhaps green card? I'm quite leery.

It takes a while for me to fall in love. I may *crush* on someone pretty badly in the beginning if my heart palpitates madly for them at first sight, but that means nothing.

So when someone says they're falling in love real quick, I usually back off and tell them to take it slow (b/c people can sometimes get jaded/disenchanted with the whole "dating" scene every once in a while too, especially if they can read others real easily..)

P.S.- I see it more as a hormonal thing, rather an ENFP attraction. When it comes to love & chemistry between 2 people, even 2 rationals can fall in love with each other reeaall quickly, even if it makes no rational sense to them.

:shock: I'm shocked that another ENFP feels this way! Awesome. :D

(Iow I agree whole heartedly.)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
p.s. Viv, I always assume it's "B"
And this happens with friendships too, I don't know if anyone has noticed.

Yes, I agree... but I wouldn't call it an illusion so much as a caricature. I've had people from different friend groups say things like: "I wish I could shrink you down, put you in my pocket, and take you out whenever I was bored" or "I wish you were a toy, so I could pull your string and you'd sing opera/ gush about Shostakovich." I mean, the entertaining goofy part of us is as far as most people go. Then when we go just a little deeper, they say, "Woah! Uh... don't think so much." It's like our sole value to them is entertainment. It's like we're friggin' toys! Well SCREW THEM! :steam:

/rant

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I agree... but I wouldn't call it an illusion so much as a caricature. I've had people from different friend groups say things like: "I wish I could shrink you down, put you in my pocket, and take you out whenever I was bored" or "I wish you were a toy, so I could pull your string and you'd sing opera/ gush about Shostakovich." I mean, the entertaining goofy part of us is as far as most people go. Then when we go just a little deeper, it's like, "Woah! Uh... don't think so much." It's like our sole value to them is entertainment. We're friggin' toys! Well SCREW THEM! :steam:

/rant

+1

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, I agree... but I wouldn't call it an illusion so much as a caricature. <snip>

Ahaha I have this really stupid goofy youtube video where I'm talking about how sometimes online people just get labels. Well anyway I say something about everyone being a caricature and my friend thought it was the funniest thing he had ever heard. Every so often I hear about it. "oh, is that because I'm a caricature?" He would laugh to hear another ENFP using it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I agree... but I wouldn't call it an illusion so much as a caricature. I've had people from different friend groups say things like: "I wish I could shrink you down, put you in my pocket, and take you out whenever I was bored" or "I wish you were a toy, so I could pull your string and you'd sing opera/ gush about Shostakovich." I mean, the entertaining goofy part of us is as far as most people go. Then when we go just a little deeper, they say, "Woah! Uh... don't think so much." It's like our sole value to them is entertainment. It's like we're friggin' toys! Well SCREW THEM! :steam:

/rant

really? not so much with me...i don't think....my friends appreciate the authentic empathetic parts the most...i think....whatever...maybe i have no idea.

----------------
Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
via FoxyTunes