User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 245

  1. #61
    a white iris elfinchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    group hug!! elfie wants in! *pounces in*



    CC. brutally honest: remember to be gentle, too. esp to yourself.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

    --T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

  2. #62
    Senior Member Nameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I've been dissecting myself since age six or seven.

    *I am constantly confronting myself*

    And this is sometimes annoying because while others are more privy to delude themselves and be , I am not.

    I have a deeply ingrained instinct, *to keep it real*

    I could lead you to several posts of mine that clearly convey this fact.

    I am brutally honest with both myself and others.

    So, yeah, reading your assessment of me comes as quite a shock.

    *Also, those that constantly need affirmation from other people, do suffer from incredibly low self esteem.
    I am not guilty of low self esteem, but maybe of somewhat fluctuating self esteem. I agree with CC on the constant confrontation of myself. I am definitely my harshest critic, and am realistic about myself.

    And this, more than anything, I think is responsible for the self-esteem downswings.

    The affirmation is what helps balance that out, even the little stuff. Phone calls from my busy busy friends. The little reputation points underneath my avatar. The A's on my report card.

    It is really hard to admit, but I need those.

  3. #63
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    My best friend introduced me to "Please Don't Understand Me II", and I took the test from that book, and scored ENFP, I've also taken the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and scored ENFP, I've retaken the test 5-8 times in the five years since, and except for once scoring as an INFP, I am always an ENFP.

    But, what I truly care about is the fact that when I did/do research on this type, I am literally rendered speechless by how spot on it is.

    I shit you not, it's like witnessing voodoo magic or something, ironically when reading about my type, I did/do in fact feel... understood!!!

    I know without a shadow of doubt that I am an ENFP, (though I frequently doubt others who claim to be, or test "positive" as).

    We must be rare, because I have met damn near close to zero people who are even remotely like me.

    But yeah, it is something I freakishly identify with.

    Why?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #64
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Phone calls from my busy busy friends. The little reputation points underneath my avatar. The A's on my report card.
    LOL, I don't relate to this *at all*. (and I am not being sarcastic here, in fact I am being quite literal)

    And no offense to your gender, but could this be a male thing???

    (I think it may be )
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #65
    Senior Member Nameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    My best friend introduced me to "Please Don't Understand Me II", and I took the test from that book, and scored ENFP, I've also taken the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and scored ENFP, I've retaken the test 5-8 times in the five years since, and except for once scoring as an INFP, I am always an ENFP.

    But, what I truly care about is the fact that when I did/do research on this type, I am literally rendered speechless by how spot on it is.

    I shit you not, it's like witnessing voodoo magic or something, ironically when reading about my type, I did/do in fact feel... understood!!!

    I know without a shadow of doubt that I am an ENFP, (though I frequently doubt others who claim to be, or test "positive" as).

    We must be rare, because I have met damn near close to zero people who are even remotely like me.

    But yeah, it is something I freakishly identify with.

    Why?
    Do you doubt most ENFP-claimers on this site also, or just in real life?

  6. #66
    a white iris elfinchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I know without a shadow of doubt that I am an ENFP, (though I frequently doubt others who claim to be, or test "positive" as).

    We must be rare, because I have met damn near close to zero people who are even remotely like me.

    But yeah, it is something I freakishly identify with.

    Why?
    That's good that you're so certain of yourself.

    Cos heh. I'm not quite sure about my type. I took the official MBTI test years ago (the one where they have professionals to administer it to you on paper). I tested INTP then. It was quite definitive, since none of the answers were close. i was 100% N, for instance.

    But recently on the jungian tests, i've been getting all sorts of mixes of INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTP. So i'm quite at it all. Just wondering if mood affects, or if constant retaking affects--since one may second guess oneself, and skew the answers that way. Was wondering if there's any more exhaustive, accurate test that can be taken. Perhaps i should take a look at the book you mentioned.

    I do know i'm not an F though. Too rational for it. although, i've had quite a few people telling me i'm INFP on this forum. just wondering to what degree mood affects.

    yea. INTPs are rare too. i think we're supposed to be not more than 5% of the population or something. Thank goodness for the world.

    Back to Hexis' opening question: are ENFPs obsessive by nature then? As in, they'd want to go deep into a topic/person, and not back out at all?
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

    --T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

  7. #67
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Do you doubt most ENFP-claimers on this site also, or just in real life?
    To my knowledge, I've never met one in real life. :sad:

    When reading other ENFPs on this forum, however, a sorta feeling either resonates with me, or it doesn't. The more it resonates, the more I identify/feel that that other person is also an ENFP!!!

    That is why I love this forum, reading other "real" ENFP's posts makes me feel less freakish, for some reason.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  8. #68
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    And another question is it just me or do all ENFPs have a lack of patience, I have almost none.
    Me, me! No patience whatsoever. I'm very restless.

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    don't know that many ENFPs, so i may be mistaken, but from the ones here: it seems to me as though ENFPs value inner feelings more--as in, their sense of wellbeing is highly dependent on how the world perceives them?
    This is absolutely the case with me (the bolded part).

    Dana and Nameless sound more grounded/balanced to me, in the sense that they do not need to seek affirmation from everyone, only from those they respect. (perhaps the degrees of T and F here matter. Are both of yours more balanced on the T/F scale than CC, Hexis and perhaps tarabell??).
    What would you say of me as ENFP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I think ENFP's are very different in this aspect.
    I am not very much what you describe.
    I was to add here that I have always taken my relationships very seriously because I do not want to hurt people. I take not hurting people VERY seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    But recently on the jungian tests, i've been getting all sorts of mixes of INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTP.
    You seem very INFP'ish at times but it could be just that you are well balanced with your F-side.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    When reading other ENFPs on this forum, however, a sorta feeling either resonates with me, or it doesn't. The more it resonates, the more I identify/feel that that other person is also an ENFP!!!
    That resonate part is something that I feel with some of ENFP's here too. I do not have the feeling of all ENFP's here but it might be just the age difference (many people are here in their twenties and I'm in my thirties + in very different life situation (children and all that). So I would say ENFP in her twenties is somewhat different than ENFP in her thirties. Usually I mean.

    I have studied some function books and have come to conclusion that I do have quite strong Te and Si and those might really balance me or make me look like a different kind of ENFP? I don't know.

  9. #69
    a white iris elfinchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post

    What would you say of me as ENFP?
    You have a farm. You are so beautifully calm, yet with warm humor. And your cat avatars are lovely. You live with animals. Lots of animals. I wanna go live with you.

    and your immediate impulse would be to take me in.



    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I was to add here that I have always taken my relationships very seriously because I do not want to hurt people. I take not hurting people VERY seriously.
    So ENFPs object to hurting people? Is this common for all ENFPs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    You seem very INFP'ish at times but it could be just that you are well balanced with your F-side.
    To be an INFP, you have to have strong Fe, right? But Fe is one of my weakest scores, second only to Si. If it helps any, my Ni, Se, Fi and Ti are all quite strong. Ne is strongest for me. Am not extroverted tho; people wear me out. Esp crowds. elfie gets nervy in crowds.

    perhaps the best type to be is XXXX.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    That resonate part is something that I feel with some of ENFP's here too. I do not have the feeling of all ENFP's here but it might be just the age difference (many people are here in their twenties and I'm in my thirties + in very different life situation (children and all that). So I would say ENFP in her twenties is somewhat different than ENFP in her thirties. Usually I mean.

    I have studied some function books and have come to conclusion that I do have quite strong Te and Si and those might really balance me or make me look like a different kind of ENFP? I don't know.
    yes. age does matter; and experience. Young INTPs would tend to be brasher, i'd guess. Same for any type. Age tempers.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

    --T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

  10. #70
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    So ENFPs object to hurting people? Is this common for all ENFPs?
    YES!!!

    This is soooooooooo integral to who I am it's crazy, I'm assuming the same to be true for others.

    Also, I'm still mentally synthesizing my response to your other post.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Any ENFPs not fickle or "adhd"?
    By Malkavia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 06:26 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPs getting older or maturing?
    By Thalassa in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
  3. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFP's: Good or Bad Listeners?
    By SillySapienne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:42 PM
  5. [ENFP] What does an ENFP love to hear?
    By DeVie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 11:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO