User Tag List

First 1422232425 Last

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

What are you talking about? And why are you speaking old English?
    I have to laugh at the ENTP, comment- yes i love to be told i am <the one> loved for my unique self--wouldn't you?
    I wish I could love anyone, eww...(I want to marry Aaron Paul) I think he's an ENFP... and hot too!!!
    he makes me feel tingly inside...

I haven't read all of the replies, so sorry if I repeat something.

I've recently been cast under "the spell" of an ENFP. His adorableness is like a drug to me. His big grin, playful attitude with everyone, goofy sense of humor, and don't even get me started on his laugh... I honestly don't think, and I can probably say I know for a fact, that he doesn't see me as more than a friend. I kind of accept that, because I'm afraid that if I actually did get his attention one day, he would get bored with me very easily.

I guess my question is, how often does that happen? And, I guess, do I have a chance? Or should I just resolve that because I'm not a party animal like the ESFx's in life I won't keep an ENFP's attention?
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shelovesyoumaybe View Post

I've recently been cast under "the spell" of an ENFP. His adorableness is like a drug to me. His big grin, playful attitude with everyone, goofy sense of humor, and don't even get me started on his laugh... I honestly don't think, and I can probably say I know for a fact, that he doesn't see me as more than a friend. I kind of accept that, because I'm afraid that if I actually did get his attention one day, he would get bored with me very easily.

I guess my question is, how often does that happen? And, I guess, do I have a chance? Or should I just resolve that because I'm not a party animal like the ESFx's in life I won't keep an ENFP's attention?
    from what i have noticed(and this may not apply to all enfps), they want someone to kinda calm them down and someone who they can just be with when they run out of energy, but someone who can also keep up to them at least sometimes(think it like walking a dog who wants to run all the time, you need to calm him down by holding the leash firmly, but you also have to jog with him so that he wont get bored and let him run freely at times). they want deep conversations. i think infp would suit better for these. BUT you really have to keep your emo crap to minimum, because they seem to seek balance for this also and maybe most importantly for this. stop doubting yourself or you will never make it.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Maybe the problem isn't people falling for you - maybe the problem is that you have a fear of intimacy. When you see someone actually respond to you, you panic and need to withdraw.

Or maybe not...I do believe that ENFP's are very seductive.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    from what i have noticed(and this may not apply to all enfps), they want someone to kinda calm them down and someone who they can just be with when they run out of energy, but someone who can also keep up to them at least sometimes(think it like walking a dog who wants to run all the time, you need to calm him down by holding the leash firmly, but you also have to jog with him so that he wont get bored and let him run freely at times). they want deep conversations.[/B]
    definitely accurate for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    What are you talking about? And why are you speaking old English?
    I have to laugh at the ENTP, comment- yes i love to be told i am <the one> loved for my unique self--wouldn't you?
    I wish I could love anyone, eww...(I want to marry Aaron Paul) I think he's an ENFP... and hot too!!!
    he makes me feel tingly inside...
    If you were addressing me, no, it's not old English, just English. I also don't appreciate the ridicule. What I mean is that I understand the importance and joy in connections with others (and seeking that out) even if it's a passing connection.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

aw, no, don't think ENFPs are going to discard you like a used battery. i'm so not like that at all... my average relationship/crush timespan is about 4 years if it gives you any idea of how attached to people i actually get... i've seriously (as in could spend the rest of my life with) loved 1 person, ever, and that was after about 3 years, have romantically loved 2 others, and have had crushes on 4 others. and i kinda still love all of those people, in a way. when i fall, i don't just fall hard, i fall for a rather long time...

:blushing:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelovesyoumaybe View Post

aww. that's sweet. i think you absolutely have a chance!! i mean, just personally, i might amp up around party people, but what i really appreciate in life is someone to help ground me and balance me. my personal energy level is usually not a matter of interest in a person - as Pe doms, ENFPs will tend to reflect their environments, so we probably appear really excited around high-energy people, and more low-key around lower-energy people. but in the long term, i want security, stability, safety...

@ bold - what makes you think this?

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    from what i have noticed(and this may not apply to all enfps), they want someone to kinda calm them down and someone who they can just be with when they run out of energy, but someone who can also keep up to them at least sometimes(think it like walking a dog who wants to run all the time, you need to calm him down by holding the leash firmly, but you also have to jog with him so that he wont get bored and let him run freely at times). they want deep conversations. i think infp would suit better for these. BUT you really have to keep your emo crap to minimum, because they seem to seek balance for this also and maybe most importantly for this. stop doubting yourself or you will never make it.
    all of this is very true.

even the leash metaphor, loathe though i am to admit it, lol. i really appreciate someone who can tell me to cut the crap when i'm running away with myself. i'll be the sunshine, but also i need someone who can be a bastion when i'm a firestorm. someone who's not afraid to deal with my the intensity and help me see that things aren't really as scary as i feel like they are. the problem in a lot of relationships for me is that people love my warmth when it's sunshine but take off when it's firestorm. it's not that i'm not trying to work on taming the storm, and it's not that i don't feel like i'm not responsible for my negativity, but to some extent, everyone carries negativity somewhere and that's just how mine manifests. i need someone who can deal with that.

but like INTP points out - you're never gonna make it if you don't give yourself a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Maybe the problem isn't people falling for you - maybe the problem is that you have a fear of intimacy. When you see someone actually respond to you, you panic and need to withdraw.

was this to the OP? maybe this is true for some ENFPs but not for me, and not for another ENFP i know fairly well. personally i like intimacy a lot and it doesn't make me either panic or run. i think i am just hesitant to express negativity and get easily swept up in a moment, so others can interpret that as me being really into them, when i'm not as into them as they think i am. but it's not that i've shut them out or anything, it's just that they've overestimated how much i really like them at the time. that doesn't mean i can't fall in love with them. it just is a misread on their part, and perhaps poor communication on mine.

MBTI
    ENFP

This is true with me. I didn't even know what it was until I read about it.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I hate that word. I believe a truly good match for an ENFP would never fall for seduction.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Wow I just read the entire thread and it has proven to be very enlightening! I have just become acutely interested in you ENFPs after falling under the spell of one recently.

So I get it, it is common for people to become quickly infatuated with ENFPs, sometimes when the romantic interest is not necessarily returned. So my question is: Have any of you ENFPs become infatuated with another only to realize that it would not work out? And if so, would the ENFP immediately break off the "relationship" upon realizing this, or let it go on in fear of hurting the other person, or withdraw in hopes that the other person will slowly disengage from the relationship?