User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 245

  1. #171

    Default

    The original post is long gone. But I'll say I find people feel like they have known me longer than they have. They feel at home quick.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

  2. #172
    movin melodies kiddykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    My reaction? If someone I'm dating falls in love real quick, I either:

    A. Think it's hormonal.
    B. Think they're falling in love with just an 'illusion.'
    C. If they're a non U.S. citizen- perhaps green card? I'm quite leery.

    It takes a while for me to fall in love. I may *crush* on someone pretty badly in the beginning if my heart palpitates madly for them at first sight, but that means nothing.

    So when someone says they're falling in love real quick, I usually back off and tell them to take it slow (b/c people can sometimes get jaded/disenchanted with the whole "dating" scene every once in a while too, especially if they can read others real easily..)

    P.S.- I see it more as a hormonal thing, rather an ENFP attraction. When it comes to love & chemistry between 2 people, even 2 rationals can fall in love with each other reeaall quickly, even if it makes no rational sense to them.

  3. #173
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    I think the ENFP draw is that we are kinda insane. I've been told many times that people feel they can show more of their crazy side with me. If they haven't felt like that before with someone they might feel it's something other than just my personality.

    My mom (i think ESFP) has said before "I could always get the guy, I just couldn't always keep him" I think it could be similar with enfp if people are just all up in the magic of our personality but not us individually.

    p.s. Viv, I always assume it's "B"
    And this happens with friendships too, I don't know if anyone has noticed.

  4. #174
    movin melodies kiddykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    I completely get what you mean!

    Forgot to add: "D" all of the above..


    I guess what I would say to why we react the way we do in terms of keeping the relationship- we push those away, who we feel we innately or intuitively know we might not mesh well with in the beginning. So instead of filling the void like some people do, we'd rather opt to take it slow or rather just cut off the relationship a.s.a.p.?? That's how I work.. dk about others.. I just couldn't lie to myself if something doesn't quite feel *right.*

    That's why finding the 'right' person is so hard. I'd rather be true to myself than to settle..

  5. #175
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    The original post is long gone. But I'll say I find people feel like they have known me longer than they have. They feel at home quick.
    it goes both ways though doesn't it? i feel a level of closeness with people earlier then most i think.

    and regarding the op...i just think it has to do with feeling comfortable, understood and accepted so soon that might bring about that response but i have no idea if it's type related or not.
    ----------------
    Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
    via FoxyTunes

  6. #176
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    My reaction? If someone I'm dating falls in love real quick, I either:

    A. Think it's hormonal.
    B. Think they're falling in love with just an 'illusion.'
    C. If they're a non U.S. citizen- perhaps green card? I'm quite leery.

    It takes a while for me to fall in love. I may *crush* on someone pretty badly in the beginning if my heart palpitates madly for them at first sight, but that means nothing.

    So when someone says they're falling in love real quick, I usually back off and tell them to take it slow (b/c people can sometimes get jaded/disenchanted with the whole "dating" scene every once in a while too, especially if they can read others real easily..)

    P.S.- I see it more as a hormonal thing, rather an ENFP attraction. When it comes to love & chemistry between 2 people, even 2 rationals can fall in love with each other reeaall quickly, even if it makes no rational sense to them.
    I'm shocked that another ENFP feels this way! Awesome.

    (Iow I agree whole heartedly.)

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  7. #177
    almost half a doctor phoenix13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    ...
    p.s. Viv, I always assume it's "B"
    And this happens with friendships too, I don't know if anyone has noticed.
    Yes, I agree... but I wouldn't call it an illusion so much as a caricature. I've had people from different friend groups say things like: "I wish I could shrink you down, put you in my pocket, and take you out whenever I was bored" or "I wish you were a toy, so I could pull your string and you'd sing opera/ gush about Shostakovich." I mean, the entertaining goofy part of us is as far as most people go. Then when we go just a little deeper, they say, "Woah! Uh... don't think so much." It's like our sole value to them is entertainment. It's like we're friggin' toys! Well SCREW THEM! :steam:

    /rant

    "OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

  8. #178
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Yes, I agree... but I wouldn't call it an illusion so much as a caricature. I've had people from different friend groups say things like: "I wish I could shrink you down, put you in my pocket, and take you out whenever I was bored" or "I wish you were a toy, so I could pull your string and you'd sing opera/ gush about Shostakovich." I mean, the entertaining goofy part of us is as far as most people go. Then when we go just a little deeper, it's like, "Woah! Uh... don't think so much." It's like our sole value to them is entertainment. We're friggin' toys! Well SCREW THEM! :steam:

    /rant
    +1
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #179
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Yes, I agree... but I wouldn't call it an illusion so much as a caricature. <snip>
    Ahaha I have this really stupid goofy youtube video where I'm talking about how sometimes online people just get labels. Well anyway I say something about everyone being a caricature and my friend thought it was the funniest thing he had ever heard. Every so often I hear about it. "oh, is that because I'm a caricature?" He would laugh to hear another ENFP using it.

  10. #180
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Yes, I agree... but I wouldn't call it an illusion so much as a caricature. I've had people from different friend groups say things like: "I wish I could shrink you down, put you in my pocket, and take you out whenever I was bored" or "I wish you were a toy, so I could pull your string and you'd sing opera/ gush about Shostakovich." I mean, the entertaining goofy part of us is as far as most people go. Then when we go just a little deeper, they say, "Woah! Uh... don't think so much." It's like our sole value to them is entertainment. It's like we're friggin' toys! Well SCREW THEM! :steam:

    /rant
    really? not so much with me...i don't think....my friends appreciate the authentic empathetic parts the most...i think....whatever...maybe i have no idea.

    ----------------
    Now playing: The Kooks - Do You Wanna
    via FoxyTunes

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Any ENFPs not fickle or "adhd"?
    By Malkavia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 06:26 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFPs getting older or maturing?
    By Thalassa in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
  3. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFP's: Good or Bad Listeners?
    By SillySapienne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:42 PM
  5. [ENFP] What does an ENFP love to hear?
    By DeVie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 11:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO