User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default NFs and Competition

Are any other NFs very timid when it comes to competition? I certainly am, and I am also a pretty sore loser.

What about you guys?
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I really enjoy competition in certain things (like those I'm good at lol) but I hate to see it go bad. Like when people take it too far, get really shitty or attacking, etc. I like group competition far more than individual, because something changes the dynamic for me in a group. I'm not just being pushed for my own success, I don't feel as selfish, I focus harder for my group. Always, always healthy competition though.

I have worked for companies that pitted individuals against eachother with tremendous pressure and expectation.. It always made me feel uncomfortable. I can do it, and quite well if forced to, but I favor good relations over "being the best" alot of the time. Guess thats why I'm not E3, haha.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm not afraid of competition, and if I need to compete, I'm gonna win, but I'm just to friggin lazy to enjoy it. nothing makes me more irritated than doing a lot of hard, intense work and getting no tangible benefit, and that's just the thing lots of competition gets you.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I'll add that I haven't seen any INFP's I know IRL enthusiastic about competition. The one INFP I worked with at the company I mentioned above also did REALLY well, (because he was forced to), but he never, ever verbalized his wins or achievement. He NEVER treated his opponent differently, just stayed very calm, quiet, focused.. and refused to allow any of it to become personal. He hated the job too.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Yeah, pretty much.

My Type 4 is why I'm such a sore loser, partly, and because I believe that I should be getting more out of the loss than a person typically does when they lose a competition, caused by some clash between idealism and reality.

Usually I play team sports, where the feelings of competition are fueled by a devotion to my teammates, who are the catalysts through which I desire victory (for their sakes, not for mine), and because of a dedication to the team effort rather than some situation where my sole interest is what's being worked towards.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I do not enjoy fierce competition at all. I like playing cards and games where both players have to use their heads but I will become very emotionally upset if someone starts trash talking me. I see competition as a opportunity to become stronger in a specific mental or physical task. Not necessarily to become the BEST. So I view competition more as a good natured exercise.

I prefer to work alone or as a very cooperative team where independence and creativity is promoted. I actually become more dependable when I am not put upon by J types (which make me nervous because I cannot possibly live up to their demands). When I have positive reinforcement then I am much more effective. There are certain times of the month (ovulation) when I am much more competitive but my morals won't let me enjoy beating someone else. If I do excel over another I will never put it in their face.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

winning all the time makes losing fun.

(so i cannot relate. might be an extroverted thing. also: i learn more from failures than i do successes. most of those were the product of instinct anyway.)
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

I am very competitive! I remember in college I would always choose the next best person to be my competitor (they didnt know it lol), it pushed me to come up with the most creative ideas (most of my classes were art/design classes). I am competitive at work too but not in a mean way . I just try and do the best I can, sometimes I even feel bad for coming up with better ideas then my colleagues. I'm a good sport when I lose...but deep down inside it makes me feel like a complete failure which really sucks.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm very competitive. If i can make something into a competition..i will. However most friends refuse to indulge me. I get a little carried away at times. I like the motivation that competition inspires in me.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

I hate it. The only kind I can stand involves teams, but really then its only because of the sense of solidarity I feel with my team. Still not that fun though, unless its very lighthearted. I do get annoyed when I lose since normally the other person/team likes to flaunt how they beat me/us.