User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I just want to add that if somebody comes up against one of my values or ideals or treads on the underdog they better believe that they will pay the price. That is the only time that I can become absolutely fierce. Otherwise I would prefer to be vulnerable.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I'm rather competitive but in a friendly, positive way. I don't do the ugly stuff, trying to crush someone else - its more that I'm competing with myself and my own high standards. If I lose I can get annoyed but primarily at myself for not doing better.

I grew up in a competitive extended family so its kinda genetic.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Real life experiences:

ENFJ - very competitive.
    ENFPs - competitive.
    INFPs - don't appear to be competitive but if they want to say something, best to let them say it.
    INFJs - Don't know any typed INFJs in real life.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ agree with the above

INFJs i generally find to be more perfectionistic than competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I'll add that I haven't seen any INFP's I know IRL enthusiastic about competition.
    yeah me neither. not the way i get about it.

haha i am quite competitive

more with others than myself... because i sort of trust my own capacity... but you have to prove it to other people. they don't just accept that you're great. i definitely push myself too but i tend to use external measures to motivate myself. though then i get caught up in external value. but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I am very competitive! I remember in college I would always choose the next best person to be my competitor (they didnt know it lol), it pushed me to come up with the most creative ideas (most of my classes were art/design classes).
    hahaha me too!

Enneagram

I can be very competitive, and have played lots of sports. If a player outmaneuvers me, strikes me out, tackles me, etc, I take it very personally. I paint a mental bullseye on their back for the rest of the game. I usually keep my cool though and use that shame to motivate me. However, if I keep messing up, and everyone is screaming at me, and criticizing me, I have been known to break down and cry. It is humiliating, especially in upper level men's athletics, in front of people you know. I can't look my teammates in the eyes for weeks afterwards. I don't do it as much as I did when I was little though, but I can only be pushed so far.

I also sometimes can't bring myself to beat people under certain circumstances. A trite example:

When I was little I would play basketball against my dad. He seemed like an invincible giant, and he would never let me win. That was okay, there's no shame losing to him, I thought. As the years passed, he sustained numerous injuries and wear-and-tear due to age, sports, and years of manual labour. Every year the games grew closer, and soon went from a dad fooling around with his kid, to an intense competition. He still won every time though, and he would smile and say something like: "I still got it", or "I'm not ready for a wheelchair yet, buddy", etc. I was 16 when I realized my dad is three inches shorter than me and is in his mid-50s. I was very aware of the fact that I could finally beat him, but I just didn't have the heart. I had remembered when age and a shoulder injury had knocked him out of his men's hardball league. I remember watching him come back from the injury and try to pitch, and he was absolutely murdered. He kept coming back, every game and kept getting annihilated. People started making fun of him and yelling taunts about him being impotent and washed up. Then they cut him from the team. It took him a long time to admit it, but he eventually admitted he was no longer able to compete at that level. It crushed him. And so, to this day I can't bring myself to beat him in sports. Maybe that's cowardly, but I just can't.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I wouldn't say I'm competitive per se, but I do get envious quite often, or at least I did before college... There was this guy who always got very good grades, and I was the resident nerd/"smart kid" before he got there; I didn't so much compete as simply feel like I was losing my niche. Then came college (well, an university, which is kinda different) and I started procrastinating even more... Now I feel like I'm slowly sinking into a swamp while everyone around me is walking on air.

for work, i'm not really responsible for the day to day, but
    i'm still very hands on when it comes to pitching for new business.
    so. much. fun. just can't give it up.

i just expect a lot out of myself.
    it's wonderful to find a worthy competitor.
    because it's more about the process than it is the outcome.
    i work best under high pressure and competitive environments.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    I also sometimes can't bring myself to beat people under certain circumstances. A trite example:

When I was little I would play basketball against my dad. He seemed like an invincible giant, and he would never let me win. That was okay, there's no shame losing to him, I thought. As the years passed, he sustained numerous injuries and wear-and-tear due to age, sports, and years of manual labour. Every year the games grew closer, and soon went from a dad fooling around with his kid, to an intense competition. He still won every time though, and he would smile and say something like: "I still got it", or "I'm not ready for a wheelchair yet, buddy", etc. I was 16 when I realized my dad is three inches shorter than me and is in his mid-50s. I was very aware of the fact that I could finally beat him, but I just didn't have the heart. I had remembered when age and a shoulder injury had knocked him out of his men's hardball league. I remember watching him come back from the injury and try to pitch, and he was absolutely murdered. He kept coming back, every game and kept getting annihilated. People started making fun of him and yelling taunts about him being impotent and washed up. Then they cut him from the team. It took him a long time to admit it, but he eventually admitted he was no longer able to compete at that level. It crushed him. And so, to this day I can't bring myself to beat him in sports. Maybe that's cowardly, but I just can't.
    Yeah, I can relate to that. I was a somewhat chess prodigy. Learned the game at 4 and was playing competitively by 7. In the end, I just lacked the discipline and killer instinct to be really successful at it. By the time I was in my teens, I was totally burned out. One memory that stands out was when we were playing a team competition against another school of younger kids. The opposition wasn't very good and we ended up beating them 4-0, but one of my team-mates just enjoyed prolonging the game. You know what I mean, instead of ending the game quickly, he would capture every single piece of the opponent until only the king remained. Seeing the expression on the poor kid's face just totally soured the game for me.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I'm competitive as hell. I think it may be a 4w3 thing. I want to be special and I want everyone to acknowledge it, but in a competitive environment, what people acknowledge isn't creativity or anything like that, all they care about is winning. I play games very competitively. It's not that I feel like I need to be at the top of the hill, it's more that a loss feels like incompetence, which I hate. I have eczema and this stress is not good for the skin, so I should really just chillout more. It's like a drug though, I just can't stop.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I am a 4 but I am a sore loser due to the fact that if I am in a competition, I was forced into it. That is the reason I would be a sore loser if I lost.
    I would be angry if I won because of the pressure along with competition. I hate competition and see it only as a form of a power trip.
    It holds no appeal for me, only disgust.