User Tag List

First 123 Last

Heh.. not a fan of Twlight either. I hate to admit though, but I'm probably somewhat like that character. i.e. I'd make a lame vampire. I'm not sure why it's popular though. People could say that the author is trying to promote an old fashioned sense of romance, and that some women really want that, and that it's all missing in this day and age blah blah blah. But I have a hard time believing it. The reality is that you get laughed at if you look down on sex before marriage.

Anyways, that's not about horror. As for that, I've never particularly been fascinated by it. If anything, I might channel more of my "dark side" with music - but even then, I'm gravitating more towards just song structure, melody, etc.. I've never admired the villains in stories. At worst, I've been fascinated with the sick "grey area" misanthropists, like Edmond Dantes or Travis Bickle.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It is seperate from sexual fantasies. Horror movies aren't sexual to me. Murder mysteries aren't sexual. My intellectual fascination with dark things is not sexual, nor is my dark sense of humor nor interest in black comedy.
    Why would it be? The only type of people I know that would think it would be are the Freudians, but that's because they think everything is sexual.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Hmmm. Outside of sexual fantasies, I wouldn't really describe my fantasies as dark, per se. But growing up, I was fascinated with serial killers profiles and psychology too. I remember being 12 yrs old and printing out 400 pages on historys most notorious serial killers profiles, and getting in trouble for it. (It really upset my mom that her 12 yr old kid was reading about Ed Gein, and in retrospect I don't blame her lol). I think I read Sybil and the Three Faces of Eve in 7th grade. Late teens I thought there was something romantic about Hannibal Lector. I think I mentioned before that I really liked flicks like the Exorcist, etc. By the time I hit mid-twenties my perspective on darker things began to change. Really fucked up things became alot more REAL to me, and my ability to detach emotionally to pursue such fascinations diminished. I do not really like dark things now, and If I fantasize.. its not usually dark. Its more hero based, like being able to take a perpetrator down with mad kung fu skills, or putting some cocky bastard in their place, or traveling to china and studying with monks for 3 years, lol. I wonder if darker fantasies are more E4 based.

I should add that on a sexual level, I definately get a kick out of dark powerful partners... ...
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SRT View Post
    Why would it be? The only type of people I know that would think it would be are the Freudians, but that's because they think everything is sexual.
    Because some of it is, obviously, as I described in my post. I referred, for example, to liking the idea of certain people having a dark sort of power.

I'm not a Freudian, but I am a pretty sexual person and I think it would be difficult to explain that aspect of it to someone who describes themselves as not being sexual, or not being very into sex.

I think it's complex.

I just wanted to see how many people actually relate. So far Unkindloving seems to be the only one.

And Huxley, to some extent, though not quite as much.

MBTI
    INFP

Oh I have too many of these dark fantasies to name! And they aren't even directly drawn from movies/books/music/etc...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I can relate, entirely.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

My ENFJ's dark side is why I fell in love with her. She's always fighting to be the good girl everybody expects her to be. She starves that dark part of her, and then is ashamed when she finally gives into it.

Incidently, I would enjoy hearing more about the specifics of fantasies. It takes no small amount intensive layer peeling to get her to reveal them to me, and I'd love to got someone else's insights.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Nah.. I don't like darkside stuff. I guess sometimes it seems like it could be a real option for me, so I push it away. In certain bad moods I imagine just going dark. Not dismemberment or torture, just actually ruining peoples lives, in a very realistic way. That's as dark as it gets for me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm fascinated by dark stuff that stimulates weird emotions or touches on controversial moral issues. I have to admit I don't always feel comfortable with it, but I'm drawn to the possible insight that it can offer about the human psyche. I sometimes feel that there isn't a way to truly understand humans unless we take them out of normal situations and throw some strange conditions at them...

That said, I get scared easily and can't handle gore at all. If there is a machine that will make me forget the movie I just saw I can imagine I'd be watching a lot more horror movies
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

When I was a child, I often cheered for the villain in a movie. I think though it was mostly because I didn't want that the evil guy was always loosing in the end, haha, so it was kinda some "cheering for the underdog" (and in children movies, the villain is more funny than evil often anyway ).

Otherwise, I don't like horror movies. I do like however some more "dark" stuff when it comes over the medium of music. I am also kinda fascinated by one musician with some REALLY questionable background and some views that I don't really share.