First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah I think Elfboy was correct that Ne is more hated IRL than Fi.
    Nah, IRL, Ne-doms are charming & funny & navigate the social world pretty well. They might appear impulsive & provoking to non Ne types at times, but I don't think they're misunderstood or disliked on the whole. Fi-doms may not be hated, but will find themselves misunderstood more & inspiring indifference, if not hate. As an INFP, to me, ENFPs seem to pull of weird-charming better; us Fi-doms, unfortunately, seem more weird-creepy.

The biggest gulf is how Ni is perceived online (in MBTI communities that is) vs. real life. IRL, I see Ni-doms regularly being dislike by many, viewed as odd/creepy/arrogant/etc, whereas online they seem almost worshiped.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Why has no one called them on this? Look at what we have: (1) Fi is responsible for the Declaration of Independence and civil liberties, (2) only NJs and NPs question authority, and (3) NPs have been historically persecuted. WTF.
    They have overgeneralized, which is common, I guess.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Nah, IRL, Ne-doms are charming & funny & navigate the social world pretty well. They might appear impulsive & provoking to non Ne types at times, but I don't think they're misunderstood or disliked on the whole. Fi-doms may not be hated, but will find themselves misunderstood more & inspiring indifference, if not hate. As an INFP, to me, ENFPs seem to pull of weird-charming better; us Fi-doms, unfortunately, seem more weird-creepy.

The biggest gulf is how Ni is perceived online (in MBTI communities that is) vs. real life. IRL, I see Ni-doms regularly being dislike by many, viewed as odd/creepy/arrogant/etc, whereas online they seem almost worshiped.
    I can live with 'weird-charming,' hehe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'm just curious: How does it manifest differently?
    My instinctive forum example is to compare me (ENFP) with Simulated World (ENTP). Equal enthusiasm for certain topics, slight leaning toward preaching and cajoling, but totally different methods.

Look at the way an ENFP on the forum "causes trouble" and the way our ENTPs "cause trouble." A lot of it is nothing more than play, but some of it is very SRS and passionately driven. I think Ne doms collectively cause more "trouble" than any other types, though don't get me wrong there's all different kinds of trouble to be had.

What OrangeAppled said up there about us being "provoking" is probably what causes others the most annoyance IRL.

I recently posted about this in my blog, and KDude gave a video example of a passionate ENTP.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Why has no one called them on this? Look at what we have: (1) Fi is responsible for the Declaration of Independence and civil liberties, (2) only NJs and NPs question authority, and (3) NPs have been historically persecuted. WTF.
    No point. Debating this would be like critiquing dada art.

(it can be done, it's just pointless)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    No point. Debating this would be like critiquing dada art.
    True, but it should at least be noted and called stupid. Think of the children.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Yeah I agree about Ni doms, especially INTJs...I know I dated an INTJ when I was about 20, and I remember one of my friends being like "geez, god, why him? he's such an arrogant prick! WHY? WHY?" I also had this INTJ math professor who I ADORED (as a person, not in a romantic way), and other students, and some professors even, gave me odd looks because of my fondness for him, citing him as being "weird, creepy, um what? that guy?"

Yeah I agree that ENFPs can persuade others with a zany charm. I just would think that Fi doms (IxFPs) would be less intrusive or annoying to others, on the whole.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you've got to be kidding me. Ne is THE most hated on function in IRL. any extremist authoritarian state will basically kill you if you use Ne (aka, the people who say "what if you're wrong" when the state is trying to brain wash them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    HAHA! Great point. Not only that, but IRL non NE users seem to think Ne users are just flat out Nut Jobs.
    For real? I thought they were perceived as the "crazy but cool" folks.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Ne types are quite popular in rom-coms, especially, of course, ENFPs. Their "job" is to get the resident ISxJ out of hir "rut", like in Along Came Polly. In RL, they're either loved or considered annoying, I think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah I agree about Ni doms, especially INTJs...I know I dated an INTJ when I was about 20, and I remember one of my friends being like "geez, god, why him? he's such an arrogant prick! WHY? WHY?" I also had this INTJ math professor who I ADORED (as a person, not in a romantic way), and other students, and some professors gave me odd looks because of my fondness for him, citing him as being "weird, creepy, um what? that guy?"

Yeah I agree that ENFPs can persuade others with a zany charm. I just would think that Fi doms (IxFPs) would be less intrusive or annoying to others, on the whole.
    Yes, we're probably less "annoying" in that respect, but Ne-doms are intrusive like a hyper puppy dog....they're still cute & you wanna play with them . On the one hand, I can't stand my ENTP dad, but I'll also admit he is humorous & intelligent, and I can see why he has many friends, even if they think he is a bit odd.

Fi-doms are certainly less intrusive, but that can also be read as stand-offish, unfriendly, & other negative traits. Like I said though, IRL, I think we inspire indifference more than anything. I don't find myself hated much either. I don't polarize people the way I see Ni-doms do.

I would say that Fi is not really hated so much as dismissed & trivialized. It's seen as silly & without much usefulness. I just quoted this recently in another thread, but this sums up the attitude, IMO:

The situation [of Fi being trivialized] is complicated by the fact that only 6% of Americans use Introverted Feeling as their primary approach to life. This means that a great many types associate this function largely with its bottom-rung potential for impressionism and sentimentality.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe