ha...me too

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    It's like a drug...can't...stop...coming...back....AHHHHH!!!!

The attraction of investigating the human mind and psychology is too overwhelming. Where's that quote of that dude who said, "I'm an ENFP....AHHHH I FEEL SO MUCH:....RARRRRRR...GIVE ME A XANAX...." or something? LOL. Nah, I'm just being wacky because I've been too serious for too long.
    I am very glad to see you back. You can help renew the joy of the forum culture. Yay!!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Well...hmmm...I don't think any function is by default better...It's how you use it. And well, Fi can be great or a pain-in-the-ass depending on how you decide to utilize it, pretty much like any other function.

Fi: know what you want, know what you believe, know who you are; stubborn, dumb ass sleepyhead who won't be told what to do
    Fe: experience deep caring, love and compassion; force other people to believe your stuff
    Ne: have great, new, wonderful ideas; be a flighty, silly moron who never can commit to anything
    Ni: have a rich, inner world and capacity to think beyond; be so pie-in-the-sky that they have no idea what planet Earth is
    Te: have the ability to get things going, mobilize, organize, and all that good stuff; be completely dominant and overwhelming and just too categorical
    Ti: have incredible abilities to analyze and see down to the root of things; get bogged down in intricacies to the point they cannot act
    Se: act in the moment, responding perfectly well to any situation, be able to take advantage of things; be impulsive, dumb ass and not be able to think things through
    Si: have incredible powers of recall, appreciate what is there, and be down-to-earth; unable to accept new things, be totally driven by routine, traditional thinking, and blah

So you see, you have two extremes that are really stereotypes, and none of them is really accurate for anyone. Each aspect has its own unique contribution, and it's not at the expense of any other function: it's complementary.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's because we're all so magical, pure, pansexual, exotic, creative, gentle, artistic, emo, self-absorbed, and socially unacceptable.

figsfiggyfigs

I have very high Fi towards lying/stealing. It annoys me because I come off as super idealistic.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's because we're all so magical, pure, pansexual, exotic, creative, gentle, artistic, emo, self-absorbed, and socially unacceptable.
    They're just jealous. (Spills sauce on my shirt and cries tears of joy at the image of Jesus that was formed by the splatter.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    They're just jealous. (Spills sauce on my shirt and cries tears of joy at the image of Jesus that was formed by the splatter.)
    Hahaha, nice! I'm glad you're back, too. ;D

(Hides because she used to make fun of people like that).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

People who trample on values hate on people who still believe in values (and those people who are occassionally called "goody two-shoes"). I don't think it is an Fi-only thing, but you know, it gets associated with Fi and so some people don't like it I guess.

But I saw really all Functions in some way here devalued. I am not sure if Fi is one of the ones which get the most "hate".

edit: Uh, I forgot somehow coherence a bit in my post. What I describe is obviously only one possible aspect which I myself have observed; I don't know of other common aspects, but that doesn't mean you couldn't find more maybe.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Fe gets the hate more than Fi.

The only non hated on functions around here are Ni, Ne & Ti. All others are seen as problematic, especially by others who don't make immediate use of them.
    I think Ti's not discussed as much because it's not as understood.
    you've got to be kidding me. Ne is THE most hated on function in IRL. any extremist authoritarian state will basically kill you if you use Ne (aka, the people who say "what if you're wrong" when the state is trying to brain wash them"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you've got to be kidding me. Ne is THE most hated on function in IRL. any extremist authoritarian state will basically kill you if you use Ne (aka, the people who say "what if you're wrong" when the state is trying to brain wash them"
    HAHA! Great point. Not only that, but IRL non NE users seem to think Ne users are just flat out Nut Jobs.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts