User Tag List

First 1927282930 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes there is. I often use individuals that I have typed as examples of types. That's not to say that every INTJ or whatever believes or does such-and-such. But every INTJ I've known has a very rigid and strongly rationalized system of beliefs that can never be extinguished. So when I say X is an intransigent Mormon, the emphasis is on "intransigent," which is a constant with INTJs, and not on "Mormon," which is the variable in my equation.
    So how do you differentiate an intransigent INTJ from say....an intransigent ESFP?

But maybe I just don't understand what you wrote.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Heh excuse my Fi retard logic but didn't you make a sweeping generalisation when you called intransigent an INTJ constant?
    As I said, I have never KNOWN an INTJ not to be intransigent. ("every INTJ I've known...") So that includes only the ones I've known, and since they are simply part of my experience, I can generalize and sweep them all I want.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    So how do you differentiate an intransigent INTJ from say....an intransigent ESFP?

But maybe I just don't understand what you wrote.
    I don't look at it in terms of intransigent this versus that. I type according to letters individually, and then identify some JCF characteristics from that, since they are different systems. But intransigent, in general, means J. So that means other J types can be intransigent. An ESFP, I would expect, can appear intransigent, in my experience, and I attribute this to Fi.

As I said, I have never KNOWN an INTJ not to be intransigent. ("every INTJ I've known...") So that includes only the ones I've known, and since they are simply part of my experience, I can generalize and sweep them all I want.
    You could have fooled me. I've gone over the wording and the sentence multiple times and my brain keeps continuously flagging it as a generalisation with the latter sentence not connected to the former. But I'll let you off as I know what you were trying to imply.

P.S. why do you do letter typing at all? It's primitive. Makes it hard to tell whether you're accusing the J's Pi or Je for being the key factor in their proposed stubborness.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You could have fooled me. I've gone over the wording and the sentence multiple times and my brain keeps continuously flagging it as a generalisation with the latter sentence not connected to the former. But I'll let you off as I know what you were trying to imply.

P.S. why do you do letter typing at all? It's primitive. Makes it hard to tell whether you're accusing the J's Pi or Je for being the key factor in their proposed stubborness.
    It's not more primitive, and in fact it doesn't even disagree with Jung who had theories of Feeling and Thinking without any reference to functions. He had theories of introversion and extroversion without referring to functions. He knew about or at least implied Perceiving and Judging in Psychological Types.

Modern JCF skips those details and goes straight to functions without understanding the underlying principles behind the letters.

Modern JCF also makes things more difficult to understand in typology. I've seen too much of Te being confused with Si, and things like that, so I abandoned that method of typing.

Edit - and I also got tired of being led astray by the false ideas about JCF spread on this forum.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

By the way, does the thread title imply that Fi's hate on Fi? Maybe because dolphin lovers don't care about tree huggers, and tree huggers don't care about CO2 wonks?

By the way, does the thread title imply that Fi's hate on Fi? Maybe because dolphin lovers don't care about tree huggers, and tree huggers don't care about CO2 wonks?
    Who the heck confuses Si with Te??

I got the distinct impression it was aiming at non FP types and not any internal dispute for Fi users.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Who the heck confuses Si with Te??

I got the distinct impression it was aiming at non FP types and not any internal dispute for Fi users.
    I'm not using an impression, I'm taking the title literally. It doesn't ask why non-Fi's hate on Fi.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT LOGIC! YOU'RE STEPPING ON MY PERSONAL BELIEFS!"

<screams and runs out of the room with hands over ears>
    Perhaps an FP has acted that way with you, but that itself is not Fi. That's an emotional reaction, & Fi is a rational thought process.
    Fi is about forming value concepts using the self as a prototype for the human condition, not personal beliefs, which EVERYONE has, regardless of type.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Perhaps an FP has acted that way with you, but that itself is not Fi. That's an emotional reaction, & Fi is a rational thought process.
    Fi is about forming value concepts using the self as a prototype for the human condition, not personal beliefs, which EVERYONE has, regardless of type.
    Nope, never happened to me in my life. Mostly what I get from Fi is snickers and smirks.