IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT LOGIC! YOU'RE STEPPING ON MY PERSONAL BELIEFS!"

<screams and runs out of the room with hands over ears>
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    "I DON'T CARE ABOUT LOGIC! YOU'RE STEPPING ON MY PERSONAL BELIEFS!"

<screams and runs out of the room with hands over ears>
    That was really stupid. I hope you're not being serious.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    That was really stupid.
    Was not.

I hope you're not being serious.
    Yup.

Was not.

Yup.
    If you're being serious about being serious then perhaps you should take the ESTP from your avatar and put it in the MBTI field. That's the sort of uninformed stupidity I would expect from an ESTP and not from an INTP.

Ad hominems, sweeping generalisations and typist remarks aside, I would advise that Fi (and Fi users) are not anti-logic. They are just unaware of it. When logic turns up it takes apart what Fi constructed as if it were a house of cards. The reason for any frustration is that all the Fi has built up has been invalidated which usually means it's all been a waste of time and they are back to the drawing board in regards for a reason to exist. Think of a room suddenly exposed to vacuum. Boom! Let it all empty out, calm down and let them build a model which is perhaps more realistic and thus stronger.

Possible good example but possible false analogy time: A man opens up a business, all goes well. He is happy as he is making a profit. He knows what he is doing and is making progress. However something is wrong. His future projections of growth are invalid for whilst he pays his bills he does not pay all of them; he is unaware of some of the taxes, costs and legal small print involved with running a business. Upon being advised he looks at the projected growth after everything is taken into account and finds out that he's pretty much fucked. All he has believed, understood, planned for and dreamed of was built around a structure ignorant of a few key factors. So he either denies it all, cries, or in his moment of butthurt rage quits so everyone runs for cover.

It is an impressive display of wrath. Like a piece of space junk which has come down and upon collision unleashed a mushroom cloud. Boom!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

If you're being serious about being serious then perhaps you should take the ESTP from your avatar and put it in the MBTI field. That's the sort of uninformed stupidity I would expect from an ESTP and not from an INTP.

Ad hominems, sweeping generalisations and typist remarks aside, I would advise that Fi (and Fi users) are not anti-logic. They are just unaware of it. When logic turns up it takes apart what Fi constructed as if it were a house of cards. The reason for any frustration is that all the Fi has built up has been invalidated which usually means it's all been a waste of time and they are back to the drawing board in regards for a reason to exist. Think of a room suddenly exposed to vacuum. Boom! Let it all empty out, calm down and let them build a model which is perhaps more realistic and thus stronger.
    Isn't that a sweeping generalization?

Isn't that a sweeping generalization?
    A sweeping generalization to meet your sweeping generalization of Fi users for a thread full of sweeping generalizations for a topic title which itself is a sweeping generalization.

I love sweeping generalizations. I find there is often something deeply soothing about tarring an entire group with the same brush.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

A sweeping generalization to meet your sweeping generalization of Fi users for a thread full of sweeping generalizations for a topic title which itself is a sweeping generalization.

I love sweeping generalizations. I find there is often something deeply soothing about tarring an entire group with the same brush.
    So how do you avoid sweeping generalizations?

So how do you avoid sweeping generalizations?
    You cannot. There is no escape.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

You cannot. There is no escape.
    Yes there is. I often use individuals that I have typed as examples of types. That's not to say that every INTJ or whatever believes or does such-and-such. But every INTJ I've known has a very rigid and strongly rationalized system of beliefs that can never be extinguished. So when I say X is an intransigent Mormon, the emphasis is on "intransigent," which is a constant with INTJs, and not on "Mormon," which is the variable in my equation.

Yes there is. I often use individuals that I have typed as examples of types. That's not to say that every INTJ or whatever believes or does such-and-such. But every INTJ I've known has a very rigid and strongly rationalized system of beliefs that can never be extinguished. So when I say X is an intransigent Mormon, the emphasis is on "intransigent," which is a constant with INTJs, and not on "Mormon," which is the variable in my equation.
    Heh excuse my Fi retard logic but didn't you make a sweeping generalisation when you called intransigent an INTJ constant?