User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

Fi can be really brave and good at times.
    I really like cats and food.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I embrace my Fi, and I find IxFPs to be the two most attractive types (as types - obviously it varies by individual).

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Fe gets the hate more than Fi.

The only non hated on functions around here are Ni, Ne & Ti. All others are seen as problematic, especially by others who don't make immediate use of them.
    I think Ti's not discussed as much because it's not as understood.
    I agree with this.
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Fi users are often self-righteous, irrational, self-obsessed, catty, transparently manipulative, pretentious, egocentric...the list goes on and on and on. The better question is: What is there to LIKE about Fi?
    The only one on that list which can be equated with Fi is the self-obsessed one and even then self-obsession is not limited to Fi.

On an unrelated note my exploration of the Internet seems to bring up more than an acceptable misunderstanding of Fi (in particular that Fi is to judge your decisions by emotion.) A lot of these seem to stem from those who have typed themselves as thinking types and what's worse there does not seem to be much effort in thinking about these definitions critically to confirm their accuracy. It tempts me to look down as some thinkers as idiots (with the function make-up of the T types on a whole possessing plenty of potential for stupidity to develop.) It makes me wonder how much negativity Fi receives (and any discrimination the IFPs that utilise it receive) is unjust. Aleda asserts that Ti is not understood as much, if true then why is it understood so much less than the supposed understanding of Fi? They are both Ji functions and the proposed discrepancy seems a bit suspect to me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Aleda asserts that Ti is not understood as much, if true then why is it understood so much less than the supposed understanding of Fi? They are both Ji functions and the proposed discrepancy seems a bit suspect to me.
    I think this is cultural. In most of the western world Ti is at the bottom of acceptability. This usually means less people dabble in their Ti and ultimately experience it consciously. Thus less people understand Ti.

Pretty much every message out there encourages you to follow/listen to your heart, etc.
    With such strong, pro-Fi messages, a lot of Te types who would otherwise not spend that much time in their Fi, do it.
    To some extend this inferior Fi gives Fi in general a bad reputation.

To see a Ti accepting culture, check out the UK. Esp. contemporary British comedy, etc.
    Usually the most visible use of Ti is in comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    I think this is cultural. In most of the western world Ti is at the bottom of acceptability. This usually means less people dabble in their Ti and ultimately experience it consciously. Thus less people understand Ti.

Pretty much every message out there encourages you to follow/listen to your heart, etc.
    With such strong, pro-Fi messages, a lot of Te types who would otherwise not spend that much time in their Fi, do it.
    To some extend this inferior Fi gives Fi in general a bad reputation.

To see a Ti accepting culture, check out the UK. Esp. contemporary British comedy, etc.
    Usually the most visible use of Ti is in comedy.
    I'm British and on the whole the country seems more Te (though there is a fair amount of art) though most of the comedy for me has its share of Ne but a lot of it seems suited for SJ types with not so much Ti in my opinion.

I was considering more the internal mechanics of Fi which doesn't seem that well considered, the perception of Fi seems to be more the output with no understanding of what goes on inside. But you have a point about the recurring "follow your heart" message in media. Though I do not think many people think Fi when they see ETJ's lose their cool.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

sometimes we don't realize our own perspective until forced to compare it with something else.

I'd say, for example, that your sig is very Ti. Mybe u r used to some Ti behavior being OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    sometimes we don't realize our own perspective until forced to compare it with something else.

I'd say, for example, that your sig is very Ti. Mybe u r used to some Ti behavior being OK.
    Yeah probably.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Come on people. Fi is the most genuine, creative, gentle, artistic and exotic of all the functions. why the haterz gotta hate? FPs for the win!
    I don't feel that everyone hates on Fi. Some of the people I've come across have actually said they're particularly attracted to it. I've come across plenty of people who have said they get more easily annoyed with people who use Fe than Fi. Maybe it's just easier to take notice of the rejections rather than the words of admiration directed toward your own functions.
    “The first progressive step by a mind overwhelmed by the strangeness of things is to realize that this feeling of strangeness is shared with all men and that human reality, in its entirety, suffers from the distance which separates it from the rest of the universe." -Albert Camus

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by IllusoryReverie View Post
    I don't feel that everyone hates on Fi. Some of the people I've come across have actually said they're particularly attracted to it. I've come across plenty of people who have said they get more easily annoyed with people who use Fe than Fi. Maybe it's just easier to take notice of the rejections rather than the words of admiration directed toward your own functions.
    LOL I don't even remember posting this. looking at the date, I was 16 at the time (no wonder people on this site used to hate me. I hope the rest of the threads I started weren't this idiotic )
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire