User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm not sure if I understand Fi correctly, but sometimes it FEELS like Fi is too arbitrary and not just enough.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StrawMan View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand Fi correctly, but sometimes it FEELS like Fi is too arbitrary and not just enough.
    That's probably cuz you're an ENTP so you like your Feeling to be measured by the external environment, so Fi would feel slippy and meandering to you, just like I am an ENFP and I like my Thinking to be measured by the external environment, and this makes Ti seem convuluted and meandering to me.

Not always, let's not get ridiculous, but as a generality.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Oh boy, windbag much? From what mount are you speaking?
    Your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Right, that's why I was wondering why your point about brain development was relevant.
    And now I'm wondering the same for you. You are very adamantly against age being correlated with wisdom. So do you think age is never a factor? Aren't teenagers more likely to be less skilled than adults? Aren't teenagers more likely to have less collective experiences than adults? Aren't teenagers more likely to make decisions based on impulses than adults? Of course it isn't a super strong correlation. But do you admit there is a pattern or not?

I brought up MBTI because, if you think age is hardly ever a factor, then by that logic, you should not be interested in MBTI at all because it's just another "useless" factor for understanding people.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    This, my friend, is the subtle arrogance of youth. That we somehow perceive things better than those around us, instead of recognizing that we perceive them in different contexts, and what's more, no one's context is the right one.
    This is what I was originally concerned about. But this shows me it probably isn't a problem:

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero
    I have a lot to learn and concede there are wiser folks than me. The difference is, I acknowledge that we all have a lot to learn, and we can all learn something from someone else. Yes, even me. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime
    a person has not had the opportunity to watch someone close to him or her grow from infancy to adulthood. That person has only experienced that process from a muddled, immature and subjective outlook, and not from a emotionally developed one. Once this is done, a person has fulfilled his or her biological imperative; that is, making sure the next generation survives to reproductive age.
    Hmmm. Well, I think of understanding something as the amount of time and effort and sacrifice you've put into it. So, someone who's raised a child probably has a greater understanding of the process of what it takes to help someone grow up properly. You could go the obvious way and say it like this--someone who's had a high school degree doesn't know as much about chemistry as someone who has a Bachelor's degree in it. You could go farther and say it like this--someone who's never gone through trauma doesn't know as much about pain as someone who has frequent panic attacks because of a traumatic past.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Not sure if this thread is over or not but thought I'd add my twopennyworth. I find Fi auxiliary users difficult because they are super sensitive toward themselves, yet shockingly insensitive towards others when they themselves are hurt. They attack. Obviously, this hurts, and means others might 'hate on them' in return. Others (like myself) don't hate them, but do keep a bit of a distance, become wary, aren't as able to be honest with them. Bad cycle. Not sure how to help with it though as the ENFP's and ESFP's I know and love seem to do this almost on auto pilot - the only way I handle it is by realising it's a shallow response and doesn't mean a great deal so not to sweat it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by KatharineML View Post
    Not sure if this thread is over or not but thought I'd add my twopennyworth. I find Fi auxiliary users difficult because they are super sensitive toward themselves, yet shockingly insensitive towards others when they themselves are hurt. They attack. Obviously, this hurts, and means others might 'hate on them' in return. Others (like myself) don't hate them, but do keep a bit of a distance, become wary, aren't as able to be honest with them. Bad cycle. Not sure how to help with it though as the ENFP's and ESFP's I know and love seem to do this almost on auto pilot - the only way I handle it is by realising it's a shallow response and doesn't mean a great deal so not to sweat it too much.
    A shallow response? In relation to what? It's the other way around; the Ne is the shallow response whilst the Fi is what they value and desire.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    A shallow response? In relation to what? It's the other way around; the Ne is the shallow response whilst the Fi is what they value and desire.
    Yes, I know what you mean. However, often the reaction is out of proportion to the actual hurt. It's as if any slight touch on their values and desires, even a helpful critique, can cause them to feel attacked. Because of this, when their initial feelings have calmed down and they can see things in a more realistic perspective again, they tend to forgive and forget quite quickly. It really WAS a shallow hurt, and, so long as it is not tapping into a deeper psychological hurt or unconfessed 'sin' (which sometimes it is), they see this and it all blows over.

That's why I don't sweat it too much. I know they'll see sense when they've calmed down, and I know I didn't actually attack them!

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Fi users are often self-righteous, irrational, self-obsessed, catty, transparently manipulative, pretentious, egocentric...the list goes on and on and on. The better question is: What is there to LIKE about Fi?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont hate on it, I find it attractive in women