User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

How can someone say "I hate/like Fi", when Fi is not the same everywhere?

People are NOT the same when they use a specific function, because they won't use it in the same way.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    1. Ne get's it the worst.
    2. Ti probably appreciates Fi the least, but this isn't blatant hatred.
    i can read my INFP friend better than a book and i appreciate him. he does does say weird things that he based his judgment on that makes no sense at all, but i suspect its not just Fi, but also his mental problems..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

...so guys... what did we learn from all of this?
    1. Ne get's it the worst.
    2. Ti probably appreciates Fi the least, but this isn't blatant hatred.
    3. Fe is probably more hated than Fi, but why, I'm uncertain personally, since they care for everyone and put everyone else first.
    Pretty much, hehe. To (1) Well, Ne is kind of a mixed bag, in itself and to others. Relative to the other functions there is little in between the response of and , which can be kind of scary but I'm not sure about getting it the worst.

For (2), I think it is more like, for the Ti-user, Fi is like something very similar, but when tasted it has a foreign flavor. So it's less about lack of appreciation and hatred but more of a similar-yet-foreign puzzlement. I have sort of the same dynamic with Ni, except that it is more foreign and less similar. I don't hate it at all, but I don't know what to do with it either

(3) There is probably a lot of Fe 'hate' because of all the NFPs and NTPs here. For the NFPs, this disliking is probably like the similar-yet-foreign thing from above, and for the NTPs, it is because it is our tertiary/inferior and so sometimes shows up kind of unstablelike/negatively in ourselves.

...Honestly, I think what function one see's as least valuable is based more upon one's specific type. I get really tired of reading these types of threads. Everyone's got beef with someone.
    So yeah, it is kind of like that...
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This view stems from the idea that Feeling is emotional desire. If those NTs grasped that Feeling is a form of reasoning as rational as Thinking, then they might alter their reasons for disliking it. They might still dislike it, but they might analyze their distaste a bit deeper.
    True.

I read that thread a couple months into joining the forums and it hadn't occurred to me that Feeling can be just as insensitive as Thinking, just in different ways. That Feelers can get caught up in demanding that others make them feel warm and fuzzy inside, while Thinkers can show enough humility to admit that making themselves feel warm and fuzzy is not what's best for other people. Logic isn't any less selfless! It helped me think better of Thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    Maybe to ageist pricks, from whom I can learn nothing from anyway.
    Recognizing that someone has a lot less experience and wisdom than you isn't ageist.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    Recognizing that someone has a lot less experience and wisdom than you isn't ageist.
    It's not only lack of experience, it's the fact that the adolescent brain is biologically different from a fully formed adult brain, even in teenagers who are classified as geniuses.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    (3) There is probably a lot of Fe 'hate' because of all the NFPs and NTPs here.
    It's cuz ENJs are out doing shit while ENPs an INs sit in front of computer screens and speculate all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    It's cuz ENJs are out doing shit while ENPs an INs sit in front of computer screens and speculate all day long.
    It'll all pay off one day. I'm searching for the matrix, intelligent life, and wonderland. Let me be :\

Oh, and unicorns.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I think that one of the reasons is that immature Fi can seem overly exclusive. For example, I know one person about my age who flexes a lot of Fi muscle. However, she can give off the impression that the weirder you are, the more she likes you, but the more "normal" you are, the more she detests you. I don't think she means this, but at the same time, I don't necessarily think she understands yet that others' Feeling-based judgments of a situation are just as valid as her own, and that her subjective valuations are not backed by logic, nor should they be.

Any xNxP, I think, initially has a problem with the idea that a person could have the same information as oneself, yet come to a completely different conclusion, and that conclusion be just as valid as one's own. The maturing process, in a big sense, is coming to terms with this reality, and learning to tolerate the differences when appropriate, oppose them when not, and having the wisdom to know the difference.