User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Wolfy.

Final answer.
    They are hating my Fi over in this thread too.

edit: Never mind. I probably don't have enough energy to participate.

Banned

One of the reasons I love Fi is it's purity of purpose and ideal. It is simply what is to an individual and it reveals their core; when you see it you know it is what it is, there's not need to worry with it around.

People should remember that Fi has some miraculous oppositions; in the one hand it is endlessly forgiving, in the opposite is vengeful; in the one hand it is extreme compassion in the other it is intolerant.

I find it one of the most intriguing aspects of personality. Although as documented INTJs have a tendancy to give way to outbursts of clear emotion; perhaps my views are simply acting to type regarding this.

I was recently reminiscing that the very start of Black Eyed Peas - Just Can't Get Enough, that Fergie sings can be seen as somewhat Fi esque in it's purity.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJB2_rn-qs"][/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I see Fi is responsible for persecution complexes.
    i suspect you were half-jesting, but actually, i wouldn't disagree that Fi could be a thinking process that easily leads to persecution complexes. an upside of Fi is delving into oneself and others and understanding individual identity (which incidentally can be applied to places and situations as well, not just people) and the beauty of how different we all are. but one of the major downsides is understanding how exquisitely different we all are. from there it's only a depressive hop, skip, and a jump away from bemoaning how oneself and others will never be reconciled, how you're always alone, blah blah emo blah.

but on the upside this same aspect gives strong Fi users the two advantages of a) being able to identify, recreate, and respond to "essences"/identities and b) being able to foster the existence of harmonious difference. Fi can encourage individuality to flourish and appreciate different things for their difference without feeling threatened by it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I like Fi, a lot. I'm trying to emulate it.. and it's saving my mental health. Or maybe I'm trying to stop emulating Fe. I get confused.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

As others have already said, it's not hated anymore than any of the other functions.

It falls on the various individuals on this forum and individual bias/preference; there are numerous people on here who have serious angst against one function or another, or towards one or two particular types, which I don't really understand, but it is what it is. Definitely not isolated to Fi.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess Fi's are more badass than the huggy-bunny, smell-the-flowers, avoid-all-conflict treehuggers they pretend to be sometimes?

... actually, I'm not sure why this has to be war at all.
    How inconvenient.
    Hehehe....I just pretend to be bad-ass to get a point across. ;D I'd rather win someone over than overrun someone any day.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i wouldn't disagree that Fi could be a thinking process that easily leads to persecution complexes.
    I think FEELING can lead to this, when it gets distorted, because its valuations have lost perspective. I regularly see FJs playing "victim" or "martyr". You know the whole, "I'm so concerned with the group needs & helping others that I don't take care of my own needs." Not taking care of their own needs & being too perfect are about the only flaws you'll get most of those people to admit... They're always a victim, being taken advantage of for being too nice & caring. FPs who feel persecuted all the time have lost perspective also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess Fi's are more badass than the huggy-bunny, smell-the-flowers, avoid-all-conflict treehuggers they pretend to be sometimes?

... actually, I'm not sure why this has to be war at all.
    How inconvenient.
    Do I look like a huggy bunny type?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think FEELING can lead to this, when it gets distorted, because its valuations have lost perspective. I regularly see FJs playing "victim" or "martyr". You know the whole, "I'm so concerned with the group needs & helping others that I don't take care of my own needs." Not taking care of their own needs & being too perfect are about the only flaws you'll get most of those people to admit... They're always a victim, being taken advantage of for being too nice & caring. FPs who feel persecuted all the time have lost perspective also.
    I don't think this is so much a feeling thing as a weird characteristic of certain individuals, wouldn't you say?