User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Sniffles

"Feelings" and Logic are not mutually exclusive when it comes to ethics.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, I was trying to get that across.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You want to be a philosopher, but you can't even bring yourself to actually read Jung before you attempt to destroy his theory? It's actually not more "efficient" if you're still not comprehending function theory. It might have just helped you get past the point which you started, but moving on to Jung is highly advisable.

I still encourage you to bother to scroll down to at least discern the difference between the Introverted Feeling Type and the Introverted Thinking Type.

Anyway, I agree with you that any moral system has to be placed within the context of a logical framework, which is why I said Te supports Fi and Ti supports Fe.

But Ti supports Fe, not Fi.

Te supports Fi.

You very well could be a young INTP who thinks you're an INFP, or vice versa. I believe you are confused on this point.

Ti is actually subjective objectivity.

And Fe is objective subjectivity.

Fi is subjective subjectivity, and Te is objective objectivity.

I'd also like to point out to you again that neither Fe nor Fi are "irrational." It is actually the perceiving functions - Ne/Ni and Se/Si - which are irrational.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeZero View Post
    Yeah, I was trying to get that across.
    No he's disagreeing with you.

Fi and Fe aren't the same thing as "emotions."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Yeah, Ne doms are pretty mouthy, while the Ni doms are over there being sneakily strategic. I think that's why we're supposed to hook up.
    Ni

I mean, kind of. My Fi is really selfish. Not to mention, Fi happens to be the source of pretty much all navel gazing. Also, Fi is pretty useless. I find if I neglect my Fi too long, I start to feel unhappy and dysfunctional. It's a shame I'm an NF because I prefer to rely on Ti and Ne for most situations.
    thought while reading your post: "someone's an enneagram 5"

for ExFPs, Fi is really an extremely useful function because it's (at least theoretically) how we connect with other people, which of course is a huge focus in an ExFx's life. tbh i think my INTP 5w4 brother does as much navel gazing with Ti as i do with Fi.

anyway, i also think there are a lot of ways in which Fi and Ti are actually quite alike, and my guess is that, as an INFP 5w4, your Fi processing is going to be a lot closer to Ti processing than for many of us.

i do agree about Ti and ethics. Kant seems rather Ti to me. one of the most astute philosophy majors i've known, i'd put large sums of money down on him being INTP.

Sniffles

I've heard people claim Kant was INFJ, not that I agree with that.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    No he's disagreeing with you.

Fi and Fe aren't the same thing as "emotions."
    I already conceded this, yeah? I think we're speaking past each other, to be honest. I am not trying to destroy anyone's theory or refute Jung, just noting the importance of logic within ethics. The more I read of function theory, the more it makes sense to me that you could not use thinking to derive values. I said this when I talked about normative ethics. However, logic has an obvious place in meta-ethics.

Also, I used to fancy myself as an INTP and everyone told me I was an INFP. After reading the definition of Fi, I thought that sounded a lot like myself and changed to INFP.

By the way... did Carl Jung really contribute anything to philosophy? I'm sure he influenced many philosophers, but I do not know if I'd consider him a philosopher, per se. All I know is that he was a psychiatrist and his main field was analytical psychology.
    MBTI: INxP
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Multiple Intelligence: Linguistic/verbal, intrapersonal.

The Fi-users hate on Fe, and the Fe-users hate on Fi. It comes with not fully understanding the other function.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    "Feelings" and Logic are not mutually exclusive when it comes to ethics.
    On the NT subforum a while ago I read the thread "What do you really think of feelers?" The most interesting post was someone saying that making a lifestyle out of Feeling and doing everything based on what you feel seemed super selfish to him. An NT, calling NFs selfish! Isn't it "supposed" to be the other way around? Well, so much for the stereotype that thinkers are coldhearted bastards, right?

I'm still a junior in high school as well.
    The #1 way to not be taken seriously on online forums.