• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJ attracting INFP

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha! For me it is. ;) I love my S friends but I don't connect on a deeper level with them.

Scenario 1 with my ISFJ friend:

Me: I was thinking about whether or not we can ride sharks in heaven.
ISFJ: So I was looking at Victoria's Secret the other night and found the CUTEST bra, omg you have to get one!
Me: And then I went on a journey to see Saturn... did you know that I celebrate my Saturn birthdays?
ISFJ: So after we eat here, we need to go buy some ok?
Me: And then I woke up and I really wanted to hug my pillow because I had a sad dream and I cried.
ISFJ: Are you listening to me? We are going to Victoria's Secret!
Me: What?

Me with my INFP best friend:

Me: I was thinking about whether we can rides sharks in heaven.
BF: OMG! THAT WOULD RULE! But what if they want to eat us? :X
Me: It's ok! In heaven we will be made out of cream cheese so they won't WANT to eat us!
BF: OMG FOOLPROOF IDEA! Let's go test it!

ETC.

I am too NF to really date another NF. Our combined NF-ness would form Voltron and then a neutron star and then a black hole. Maybe in that order.

I need a nice scientific NT who wants to play "let's discover lightening! you be the kite, and I hold you." Me: yay!

haha!! oh god...sounds just like my conversations with my isfj sister. we're so close but we totally just have conversations with our self when we hang out...we both think it's pretty hilarious.. :)

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
haha!! oh god...sounds just like my conversations with my isfj sister. we're so close but we totally just have conversations with our self when we hang out...we both think it's pretty hilarious.. :)

That sounds nice. My conversations with people like my mother (ESFJ) usually end with her saying she's never thought of that before, or her calling me a "freak". I asked if she ever wanted to own her own island and make set up the law of the land and what she would do. She's never thought about it. My INFJ sister thought about that "a little bit" but had no details and my ENFP girlfriend asked me first! She's lovely.

A

Anew Leaf

WHY HASN'T ANYBODY MENTIONED A DRAGON!?!?!?!? I think we all know that would be the most badass creature to have as a pet.

I hate to break this to you BUT... Dragons. Aren't. Real.

Unicorn horn polish: $5
Liquid Glitter in Lavender Pink: $12.50
Fairy Wings: $467
An INFP having to tell an INTJ that something isn't real: Priceless.

A

Anew Leaf

hehe I have a secret thing for ISFJ girls because they is SO cute! but many a time I am having my own little conversation and they are having one actually based in reality... eventually one of us (ok her) figures out that something isn't mixing right. :)

:heart: nefp

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I think it's because we sense that deep beneath that crusty Te exterior... therein lurks a heart that yearns to be loved.

And what happens when you find out that they're not all Te? Do you get bored or do you fall in love with them?

oncetheriver

And what happens when you find out that they're not all Te? Do you get bored or do you fall in love with them?

We're attracted to them because we already sense that they're not all Te. Did you mean when they open up their Fi?... I guess we get a bit scared by the purity of it... because we know our Fi inside out... an INTJ's Fi definitely doesn't bore us. :)

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I WANT a pet shark SO bad. :(

I was going to be a marine biologist at one point and study sharks and live in Antarctica.

I still want to do that. :(

You can get a dwarf shark for salt water tanks. But the one I REALLY WANT is a whale shark. However, even if I had the unlimited funds to do this, I cannot because it's cruel.

The Atlanta aquarium makes me a sad sharkanda.

As a side note, I also wanted to be a marine biologist growing up, we have Great White Sharks in my homestate that are pretttty darned impressive. When I was living in another state I had a few sharks brush up against me while surfing.

They has sandpapery skins.

Annyhooo. Im with Rebe, I WANTS ME ONE!!!

Their cudddles are to die for. And sometimes they call you fun pet names like "my sweet chinchilla" and find your snoring cute. <3

a pet shark sounds nice but their skin is rough and might cause a sore. That's why I would rather ride a cheetah. You still get all the speed and still get to breathe. Or a blanket might work but it would probably get wet and nobody likes a wet blanket. But maybe souls don't need to breathe, or perhaps they might not even be prone to butt-sores. On second thought, if that's the case, then a shark does sound pretty bad ass. Ooh, a tiger shark, because tigers are similar to cheetahs and it IS a shark... so yeah.

:)

Since keeping a big creature like that pent up is sort of mean, I would just go befriend them in the ocean and pet them. I pet them occasionally.

Of course, their skin are like hooks going back, so rubbing them the wrong way is bad.

I try to unify dolphins and sharks because their respective religions condemns the other, and I believe they both can go to heaven.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that I am naturally attracted to ISFJs and INFJs. To be totally honest, I would never want a girlfriend with dominant Ti. That would drive me nuts. I also despise Ni users and could never date one. They tend to be self-righteous and narrow minded in my experience.

Oh yeah, and strong Te is even worse.

I'm not sure if you're being serious. INFJs are Ni users...

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find that I am naturally attracted to ISFJs and INFJs. To be totally honest, I would never want a girlfriend with dominant Ti. That would drive me nuts. I also despise Ni users and could never date one. They tend to be self-righteous and narrow minded in my experience.

Oh yeah, and strong Te is even worse.

So no strong Ti, Te, Ni users. Man... this doesn't leave you a whole lot of options. That leaves you with: ESFJ, ISFJ, xxFPs.

Good luck with that.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I suspect the latter... or so I hear from the INFP girls. ;)

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
an INTJ's Fi definitely doesn't bore us.

Why is that? And do you mean the Fi that wants to do good or the one that wants to harm?

I also looked at our functions (INFP vs. INTJ). Do you think this attraction comes from INFP's secondary Ne and INTJ's dominant Ni... i.e. along the lines of ENxP dominant Ne and INTJ Ni? Or because our secondary Te is your inferior? Or, as said above, because of our underdeveloped Fi compared to your dominant Fi? Or all of it?

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
All of it.

But breaking through to the Fi is pretty awesome.

Also,

I can only speak for me, but love is what happens next. LAYERS, IT'S ALL ABOUT LAYERS.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I think INFPs and INTJs are both very onion-y.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The NTJ-NFP thought upon the wellness each adheres to the other. A topic commonly talked about. Tis not a surprise for the OP.

I would like INTJs more if they didn't make themselves so difficult. Then again, I suppose it's part of the charm. I hate being slapped on the wrist and scolded when I see something shiny and make grabby hands, it's only going to make me want to do it more. But I won't until I'm expressly invited to, which doesn't end up happening too often. :shrug:

As far as functions go, Ni is intriguing, Te is organized and refreshingly honest, and baby Fi, if you manage to worm your way through the obstacle course, is adorable. :wubbie: