• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] (patiently) ask an INFP!!1

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Needs more penguins....

PENGUINS.jpg

penguins.jpg

Sosekopp

MBTI Type
INxP
Under what circumstances, if any, do you think it is justified to borrow your sister's cello without asking? (If you do not have a cello-owning sister, imagine that you have one)

A

Anew Leaf

Dear INFPs,

Please tell me about the best gifts you ever received. What made them so special? Thanks in advance.

I looooove getting gifts*. *Thoughtful, meant for me, kind of gifts.

I'll try to refrain from such INFP answers as "life"...

1- My stuffed fox (named Whiskers). When I was 3 we moved to Minnesota, and I left my special stuffed tiger toy at the realtor's office. I sobbed for days. Then I saw this fox at a store and asked my mom for him. Relieved she got him for me, and he became my best friend (think Calvin and Hobbes) for years and years and years. I am embarrassed to admit that there are A LOT of birthday pictures of me snuggling my fox and sitting by a freaking cake.

2- A poem! I had the biggest crush on this guy in high school and when I moved away he wrote a special poem just for me. Only poem I have ever received since I normally don't go for NFs. (Neutron star imploding because of too much emotion, etc.)

3- Handmade gifts. I have countless handmade items from both of my parents. My mom did crossstitch, knitting, quilting, etc. My dad does woodworking.

4- Jewelry. When my mom passed away, my dad gave me her wedding ring and another ring. (Unfortunately we can't find any more of her jewelry, and we are kind of worried that one of the hospital helpers stole it when they came to take care of her. Missing several pieces of sentimental versus monetary value.) And for Easter this year my dad gave me the amethyst cross she wore everyday. It was a special gift that he gave her for their 1/3rd of a century anniversary that just happened to coincide with Easter of 2006.

5- For my birthday this year I got a card drawn out by my friends 2 year old daughter with Auntie (Me) on it. And then I got a video of her singing happy birthday to me. Can't buy that stuff! :)

6- Anything where someone says, I was out and I saw this and it made me think of you! I don't require or particularly want a lot of money spent on me. My INFP currency is in thought and love. :)

A

Anew Leaf

Under what circumstances, if any, do you think it is justified to borrow your sister's cello without asking? (If you do not have a cello-owning sister, imagine that you have one)

I can think of a few:

1- Aliens have JUST landed and they demanded a cello to appease their voracious appetites for music.
2- Yoyoma stopped by and desperately wanted to duet with someone.
3- She's young, and the young do stupid things. (Think Twilight, Justin Bieber, etc.)

A

Anew Leaf

I don't know about squee-worthy (I'm not so good with squee) but:

e87a472156063dccc4567bd.jpg

:laugh:

My Inner INFP laughs.

My Inner S cringes at the fact that the actual quote is "Fly you fools."

My Inner N cringes at the fact that my inner S cringes at the fact that the quote is wrong.

G

Glycerine

What is the most nonconformist you have done? I like how some of you guys push boundaries.

A

Anew Leaf

What is the most nonconformist you have done? I like how some of you guys push boundaries.

My entire life.... maybe. I dunno.

I tend to show up as "nonconformist" because I have a clear (yet fluid) view of the world and I adhere to that above all else. If something happens that falls outside of my Fi Quantum box, then I will probably conform to whatever will get the ball rolling, or make other people happy.

Example:
Friend: Let's go to dinner! Where do you want to go?
Me: (Thinking..... hmm, I don't really care, but I know they are kind of picky so I'm good with whatever they want.) Hmm, you know I am kind of in the mood for anything. Is there somewhere special you want to go?
Friend: Oh.... well, if you don't mind I would LOVE to get pizza!
Me: Sounds like fun!

My Fi QB says: Making a friend feel good/happy is the most important thing.

Or:

Example:
Friend: Your tool box is a disgrace. What are you thinking? You need to buy the following: *makes a list*
Me: (She's being pushy... I don't need any tools despite what she thinks because I don't plan on fixing anything because I am lazy) Yeah, not gonna do it.
Friend: YOU HAVE TO!! I MADE A LIST!
Me: That's nice. You can make as many lists as your heart desires. Still not gonna do it.
Friend: You're being childish!!
Me: That's nice. Want to watch a movie?*****

My FI QB says: I don't need a wife, thanks though.

Maybe not the most concise of examples, but a bit of an idea. It's pretty much why I never did drugs. It (sad to my dad) wasn't because I was afraid of my parents being mad, or because I never had opportunities... It was more of a "hmm, do *I* want to try this? Hmm... not really. I don't see any benefit, and lots of potential negatives... Ok, that solves that!" So even when I had people pushing me on it, all it did was make me dig down deeper and ignore them. And part of my inner philosophy of "Govern yourself, idiots"

***** Hilariously enough for my birthday this year her gift to me was buying me all the items on her list. She even thought that she had "won" when in fact I feel like I won. A- She got off my back. B- She spent the money. C- I didn't have to do a thing but be lazy.

KDude

If I spoke about it, people would think I'm more of an ISTP. It kind of worries me when I think about it all at once... like I'm deluding myself. That I'm nowhere close to any kind of idealist INFP nonconformity. There are fewer situations when I was truly rebelling out of some higher ideal.

A

Anew Leaf

I haven't watched Titanic or Avatar :tongue:

Oooh! I am with you on the Titantic thing. I hate leonardo dicaprio with the white hot fury of 1000 neutron stars.

I got sucked into Avatar because the lead actor is super hot. (I didn't realize he wasn't shown as him for half of the movie.)

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I looooove getting gifts*. *Thoughtful, meant for me, kind of gifts.

6- Anything where someone says, I was out and I saw this and it made me think of you! I don't require or particularly want a lot of money spent on me. My INFP currency is in thought and love. :)

Oooh, I like this.

Myself, I tend to live for approval, praise, and validation.

And some things I "earned", but I wasn't expecting, such as awards and bonuses.

This can be gold stars from the teacher on up to large cash bonuses.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My Inner INFP laughs.

My Inner S cringes at the fact that the actual quote is "Fly you fools."

My Inner N cringes at the fact that my inner S cringes at the fact that the quote is wrong.

Oh, I noticed the mistake when I first read it too. Its still funny though :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Today was a day of celebrating spring in my native Sweden. I had a wingman evening where I fixed my buddy up with a girl with the old "have you met..."-routine.
He actually got laid with it on our first attempt, or at least i'm really positive that he did since she dragged him home.
Anyway. Going home, I started feeling a bit melancholy. At the bus stop, however, I met this Polish girl (with a german name). It was really crowded in the bus, so we had to share a square foot of floor for half an hour...
She gave me her phone number and MSN (and we've been texting back and forth a little. This was an hour ago.), so i'm sort of feeling that this evening wasn't entirely wasted (for me, personally), after all.
I like polish culture/mentality/history/sense of humor etc and know a bit of the language... We kind of hit it off, standing on that small piece of bus floor.

So, my question for you INFP people out there... Is she the one that I am looking for??
That'd be really nice, she seemed genuinely nice and very hug-worthy, not to mention intelligent and funny. And a cute nose :)

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Oooh! I am with you on the Titantic thing. I hate leonardo dicaprio with the white hot fury of 1000 neutron stars.

I got sucked into Avatar because the lead actor is super hot. (I didn't realize he wasn't shown as him for half of the movie.)

See, this is why we're twins. Never seen Titanic.

LOVE the lead in Avatar, he's such a lovely Aussie man <3 <3 <3

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5

Hmmm

I'm not sure what comes under the non conformist banner.

I guess my scarification comes under that. but i dont feel it is particularly non conformist. I havent seen titanic either. um.

crap. i don't know exactly what non conformist is to know whether i am or not :c

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I dunno, I don't really try to be or anything.

I guess it's that my hair is down to the middle of my back by now. Or that my clothes frequently smell of cow or goat.

I mean... I don't know. I guess I could ask the people around me, but I don't ever really know what it is I'm not conforming to, so I don't know what I do that's the most nonconformist :cry:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP's... what are signs that your interested in someone?

-Are you (in practice) ever forward with someone?
-Do you have to know the other party is interested first?
-Do you initiate, or create many opportunities for them to?

And last, but certainly not least, how do you SHAKE someone your not interested in?

KDude

Apparently I don't notice who's interested in me often. My friends and even my own dad notices women who are interested in me more than I do. It sucks if I find out too late.

As for initiating, I was much worse when I was younger. The first girl I fell for (around 15), happened to live down my street. I first saw her in school, and that was the greatest of luck to have her so close. But I could never get anything going. To make it worse, she was just as quiet as me. Have you seen Smallville? I was ridiculously mute, like Clark Kent. Exactly like that. Someone should have slapped me. She'd try to fish things out of me, but it'd always turn into some situation where we just sat on her porch for 2 hours in ambiguity. I could only ever express where I was coming from when I got real jealous...which got a little dramatic at times. Over time, we became really good friends, would sneak out at night, and messed around.. but it felt incomplete. I was never directly honest with my words. Finally, she slipped out of my hands. We got in touch again years later and kind of laughed about it, but it made me think how different my life would have been if I could have done that earlier. I'm not as bad as that now, but I don't have a very active dating life.. and I'm sure this is part of it.

Unless, I'm buzzed or something... but that's another story.