User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

ENTPs are cool, but I think I can be..difficult or not fun enough for some, from their side of things. For the reason I mentioned above. Some play around with Ti situationally. As long as it has nothing to do with people, I'm fine. Sometimes I think I can be similar. But often it may annoy me, because some ideas are created for the specific purpose of seeing how far they can go with people. ESTPs, the same. In those cases, it's the IFP's duty to say "Dude.. no."

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    When i was 4 i was convinced santa was bringing me a pony to my dad's house. Very early christmas morning i got up, and creeeeeeped out into the front garden where iwas sure my shin new pony would be.

it wasn't there. puzzled i went back inside, "maybe it will be in the back yard" i thought to myself, i couldn't unlock the back door by myself, so i waited patiently, peering through the curtains, waiting for my family to wake up.

When they did and i went screaming into the back yard for my pony, only to find santa DIDN'T bring me one, i remember crying inconsolably to my INTP dad who thought it was the funniest thing in the world. The rest of my family couldn't undertand why i wasn't impressed with my hot pink barbie car.

Fuck barbie. i wanted a pony =C

Also. I have a fine arts degree i like to call my "fingerpainting degree"

This post has no purpose other than to help make me late for an appointment.

You're welcome =D

YOU = ME.

one Xmas (i was 5) there was a big box under the tree and I just KNEW that it was a pony! For! Me!

Everyday I petted the box and talked to it, so that the pony wouldn't be scared and that she would know me when I was able to open the box.

Finally my mom caught me at it and asked what the heck I was doing... And I explained myself.

She got a look on her face and said, oh sweetie, that isn't a pony... Your dad got you a vise... So that you guys can make wood working things together... Dads really excited so you have to be excited too!!

I was convinced it was still a pony until I opened the box... And my desire to not make dad sad combatted with my desire to have a pony. I think I solved it by sobbing while hugging the vise box....

I don't really remember.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I wish I wished to have a pony. My traumatic xmas is about me and my brother eating too much chocolate and throwing up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I wish I wished to have a pony. My traumatic xmas is about me and my brother eating too much chocolate and throwing up at the same time.
    My brother once gave me a box of cat poo for Christmas.

It was hard.. When I shook it I thought it was a puzzle at first. :\

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

OMG

I has tears now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Did you figure out it was poo before or after you put it back together?

(I still think the puzzle is a far better cry than mistaking it for candy.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Did you figure out it was poo before or after you put it back together?

(I still think the puzzle is a far better cry than mistaking it for candy.)
    I realized it instantly got soggy the minute I opened it..

Soggy from tears, that is.

On the plus side, this probably made me a better "F" in the long run. I always try to be a little more "thoughtful" when giving gifts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I think if you saw someone with more expressive bubbliness too, you're seeing an ESFP or ENFP playing with their Fi (as auxiliary). Because they don't take it as seriously. Just like ENTPs mostly play with Ti situationally, because they don't take it as seriously (in the sense of a global set of rules, like INTPs).
    Interesting... so of the two functions that are leading, the dominant can be determined as the one that is taken more seriously? I could see that working, actually...

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    For what? Dating? E to the n to the t to the p.
    For hugs? See above.
    For egging each other on so we end up in jail? Both!
    Let's try to stay out of jail though. I despise being trapped. We can still have some fun though, I have a way

Some play around with Ti situationally. As long as it has nothing to do with people, I'm fine. But often it may annoy me, because some ideas are created for the specific purpose of seeing how far they can go with people. In those cases, it's the IFP's duty to say "Dude.. no."
    So, what kind of "playing around with Ti situationally" would you consider as crossing the line into something that is wrong? Is it at the point where it hurts people or is it something prior or different from that?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Interesting... so of the two functions that are leading, the dominant can be determined as the one that is taken more seriously? I could see that working, actually...

Let's try to stay out of jail though. I despise being trapped. We can still have some fun though, I have a way

So, what kind of "playing around with Ti situationally" would you consider as crossing the line into something that is wrong? Is it at the point where it hurts people or is it something prior or different from that?
    Bold 1: I think that's it exactly. My Ne is this silly outfit I don for the world. It allows me to be creative and (kinda weird...) but fun at the same time. My Fi is SRS BSNS.

Bold 2: Sounds like fun! I ENTP fun. (Especially ENTPs who have developed their Fe.... /swoon!)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Why Fi'ers? Why?
    Standard Dislaimer : All thoughts expressed below are personal views and are not necessarily true for other INFPs

First a quick description of how I 'feel' Fi (tinged with 4w5 individualism and sp/so conflict-avoidance). It's a visceral feeling in the gut, the thing that makes you look away from a horrific scene in a movie like 127 Hours or brings tears to your eyes when you hear an uplifting story or piece of music. It also tends to pick up the mood in the surrounding environment and recognizes when discordant feelings are clashing. It might be mental but to me it feels like a physical reaction.

I've alluded to this in different threads, but for me the main reason I tend not to express myself more is because of how subjective my decision-making process is. Unlike T where you have a logical, factual framework that you can share with another person. In the 6.5+2.5 example, I would assume that the person I'm talking to understands maths and the numeric system so we already have some base to work from. In the case of Fe, there is at least some common-sense, shared-value thing going on. Fi-based decision-making can look totally alien to the person you are trying to explain yourself to. Imagine liking a type of food that most other people find disgusting. How do you explain that specific taste that you like when you are not sure that others would taste it the same way? For all the beauty and variety of human language, there are some things that you have to 'feel' and 'experience' to know what it's like. And explaining in detail why I made a decision would require at least partially exposing my value system.

On putting a dam/wall/shield around the inner self :
    When I was growing up, the difficulty of explaining my feelings and constantly getting them invalidated by friends and peers have made me ultra-defensive to expose myself. Since the core values I have are very personal to me and have been gathered throughout my entire life, anything construed as an attack on them will feel like an attack on me. And since having to defend my values (and myself) would raise those discordant tones I mentioned above, my first instinct would always be to shut down and get away from this noise.

On not asking or stating what we want :
    I tend to be a "Do not unto others what you don't want them to do to you" kind of person. Hence the feeling of not putting an obligation on others and expecting them to choose to do things of their own free will. Speaking out and asking for something I want would feel selfish that way. Yeah, I know the "But we can't read your mind" response and I've been trying be more assertive but that has to be a manual over-ride.

On pyrrhic victories and empathy :
    Have to agree with Saturned here. While I can hit back and 'win' arguments, I choose not to mainly because the price is not worth the prize. So I convince someone else that I'm right, whoop-de-doo... The gift of being able to be in someone else's shoes and see/feel things from their point of view is also a curse since that means I can imagine what it feels like to be on the receiving end.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell