• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] (patiently) ask an INFP!!1

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I actually sort of agree with your point.
Back when my ex ENTP and I were doing our researches, I did find many things that raised doubts and questions; I did not feel settled any more with what had always appeared "more likely to be true" my whole life. But unlike my ex, I, say, doubt everything, I've doubt what I see/hear on the news, and I'd doubt many of the alternative theories I've got exposed to too. My ex, on the other hand, would believe in anything, and this "reptilian eyes" thing was one of the many things we argued about as I found it petty and ridiculous, and he pissed me off on numerous occasions by telling me i was "closed minded". For me, one should leave rooms for doubts, always.

Extraterrestrial Intelligence I have done extensive research on. Time traveling, worm holes, HAARP and chem-trails, etc I have been exposed to many documented evidences. Assassinations, governmental secrecy, hidden agendas, secret societies, GMOs, cures for cancer and AIDS, human/celebrities sacrifices and so on so forth, for me they're no longer "conspiracies", there are hard proves and evidence. People just don't care enough to gather their own information, the truths get under their skin.

Different from the ENTP ex, I keep my knowledge to myself and adjust my view of life and living while he enjoys spreading his understandings and "knowledge", sometimes opposing. Let's say, it's like a Buddhist oath, you don't preach what you witness or hear, what you know or believe in, it is in everyone's destiny to seek and pursuit their own truths. So I would usually decline discussing "conspiracy theories" with people who have opposite views. It's like an agnostic/atheist having a conversation about whether or not God is real with a devoted Christian, it leads to no where but destructive arguments.

And I'm an X-Files fan too, and Mulder is quite an INFP isn't he lol. The shows had several very interesting episodes that are worth dwelling into, while lots were just purely fictional/entertaining.

Extraterrestrial Intelligence I have done extensive research on. Time traveling, worm holes, HAARP and chem-trails, etc I have been exposed to many documented evidences. Assassinations, governmental secrecy, hidden agendas, secret societies, GMOs, cures for cancer and AIDS, human/celebrities sacrifices and so on so forth, for me they're no longer "conspiracies", there are hard proves and evidence. People just don't care enough to gather their own information, the truths get under their skin.

I'm open to this stuff; it falls into the same category as cryptids in a way. Would I spend a lot of time researching into it? Not really. I figure that I may as well accumulate knowledge that can be used. I don't even really care for the theories of physics that try to explain the Higgs Bosons mass. 13 Dimensions? Interesting. What does it do or fix in science? Nothing? Oh well..If it doesn't work :shrug:

Different from the ENTP ex, I keep my knowledge to myself and adjust my view of life and living while he enjoys spreading his understandings and "knowledge", sometimes opposing. Let's say, it's like a Buddhist oath, you don't preach what you witness or hear, what you know or believe in, it is in everyone's destiny to seek and pursuit their own truths. So I would usually decline discussing "conspiracy theories" with people who have opposite views. It's like an agnostic/atheist having a conversation about whether or not God is real with a devoted Christian, it leads to no where but destructive arguments.

I do the same. I think Richard Dawkins is quite the asshole. While he's met with people that have openly challanged him ( e.g. that curator lady or whatever), he sometimes intentially offends people that just want to believe in their god. I recall a time when a mormon band singer was challanged on the spot by him, even though the two were not there for a debate at all. The band singer was there to perform and leave. I think he made mention of "thanking god," which was enough for Dawkins to sink his teeth into.

And I'm an X-Files fan too, and Mulder is quite an INFP isn't he lol. The shows had several very interesting episodes that are worth dwelling into, while lots were just purely fictional/entertaining.
Yeah. The way he talks, The way he thinks about things. The way he reads into people's "authenticity." Scully is also hyper-ISTJ. I'm fairly certain that they didn't plan this, but the show hinges on her impressions, backed by her scientific knowlegde, and his skeptisism and worldview.

I think a lot of it has to do with Ne. I can't really fault that. I just don't get following a non-working theory for so long, but then again, large portions of science and comedy (e.g. Family Guy) depend on seemingly random development of ideas. :newwink:

Even these psych theories are an on and off thing for me.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah. The way he talks, The way he thinks about things. The way he reads into people's "authenticity." Scully is also hyper-ISTJ. I'm fairly certain that they didn't plan this, but the show hinges on her impressions, backed by her scientific knowlegde, and his skeptisism and worldview.

I think a lot of it has to do with Ne. I can't really fault that. I just don't get following a non-working theory for so long, but then again, large portions of science and comedy (e.g. Family Guy) depend on seemingly random development of ideas. :newwink:

Even these psych theories are an on and off thing for me.

Yup. Scully is such an ISTJ. They conflict and oppose, yet they complete each other. Scully keeps Mulder sane and in touch with his surroundings whenever he's about to lose himself in his obsession. And Mulder, well, Mulder does the same thing to Scully as to us - revealing a whole different reality and challenging everybody's ideas of what this world is all really about, no matter how hard it is to accept.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
My current boyfriend is an ISTJ, he's supposed to be logical and settled with the "rational" explanation of the world, right? But he's an agnostic and does not find conspiracy theories and the unknown revolting.
Does he post here? Sounds like a cool dude. Perhaps he's not a very strong S?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
fe users out of sympathy would feign that they relate to someone is going through so that the person who is feeling down would know that they are not alone. would an fi user do so?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
fe users out of sympathy would feign that they relate to someone is going through so that the person who is feeling down would know that they are not alone. would an fi user do so?

When someone tells me about their troubles, I usually tend to soak in their probelm so much that I absolutely put own self in their shoes and then I am unable to really help them, because I feel as shitty as they do...