User Tag List

First 24250515253 Last

Results 511 to 520 of 529

  1. #511
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I've had good relations with two INFPs--until my opinions come in. I don't really get it. Some of it is esoteric and probably rooted in the individual, but why do I have to believe in illuminati theories and reptillian DNA when there are no obvious biological markers of such occuring. When I showed one this, he quickly went into how science was inefficient, yet he was using science in some fashion to reference DNA ?

    The other I met on a music site. Great relations until opinions, backed up by reason, were discussed. There was always the "you don't know for sure," yet that could be argued with anything. As I stated, it may just be something of these two and not the general INFP populace. If it is, please explain how and why this arises?

  2. #512
    Senior Member Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Thanks, @Ghost

    I really enjoyed the lit journals you recommended btw!

  3. #513
    Senior Member Eluded_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elocute View Post
    I've had good relations with two INFPs--until my opinions come in. I don't really get it. Some of it is esoteric and probably rooted in the individual, but why do I have to believe in illuminati theories and reptillian DNA when there are no obvious biological markers of such occuring. When I showed one this, he quickly went into how science was inefficient, yet he was using science in some fashion to reference DNA ?
    This one sounds unplanned, inconsistent, and overly insecure. Never bring a knife to a gun fight. This also goes for INFP. Thought processes aren't usually organized as they are when written; it's mostly improvised in person. We're known to be scatter brains.

    The other I met on a music site. Great relations until opinions, backed up by reason, were discussed. There was always the "you don't know for sure," yet that could be argued with anything. As I stated, it may just be something of these two and not the general INFP populace. If it is, please explain how and why this arises?
    INFP is one of few types that engage in discussion with an unfinalized conclusion. It's better to be uncertain than wrong. I hope I answered your question, because you didn't get into specifics.
    Last edited by Eluded_One; 06-15-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

  4. #514
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elocute View Post
    I've had good relations with two INFPs--until my opinions come in. I don't really get it. Some of it is esoteric and probably rooted in the individual, but why do I have to believe in illuminati theories and reptillian DNA when there are no obvious biological markers of such occuring. When I showed one this, he quickly went into how science was inefficient, yet he was using science in some fashion to reference DNA ?
    Sounds like crazy talk to me.

    You'll find weirdo beliefs in any type. A ENTJ family friend of mine believes aliens built the pyramids and all sorts of other silly BS. If Te doms - supposed 'masters of objectivity' - can fall for that shit, any type can.

    The other I met on a music site. Great relations until opinions, backed up by reason, were discussed. There was always the "you don't know for sure," yet that could be argued with anything. As I stated, it may just be something of these two and not the general INFP populace. If it is, please explain how and why this arises?
    INFPs are Ji doms, so it makes them sceptical of (implicit or explicit) claims of objective knowledge. Personally, I will play the devil's advocate even when I agree with people if feel they are not exploring all the possible arguments or explanations. Any hint of narrow-mindedness or prejudice makes me feel compelled to pick at the issue until I drive people insane.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  5. #515
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I want to say that I may sound angry but I am not. Only annoyed.

    Why do infps (more specifically a friend of mine is an INFP) talk about "doing life together" but do not initiate to make it happen? I've always been the one to initiate (I'm not exaggerating one bit) in the past and still to this day, but I've learn to not give a dam* if it doesn't happen. Yes, I understand friendship changes and life gets busy-still I put effort to reaching out because I care about you! Perhaps I still give a dam*. I'm really tired of adjusting my communication and needs for people who don't put effort into their talk (and I notice it's a common behavior from Infps). I will say that some INFPs do well with keeping their words. Others? Not so much.

    Please explain.

    Sincerely,

    skippythecat who loves Infps

  6. #516
    Senior Member Eluded_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skippythecat View Post
    I want to say that I may sound angry but I am not. Only annoyed.

    Why do infps (more specifically a friend of mine is an INFP) talk about "doing life together" but do not initiate to make it happen? I've always been the one to initiate (I'm not exaggerating one bit) in the past and still to this day, but I've learn to not give a dam* if it doesn't happen. Yes, I understand friendship changes and life gets busy-still I put effort to reaching out because I care about you! Perhaps I still give a dam*. I'm really tired of adjusting my communication and needs for people who don't put effort into their talk (and I notice it's a common behavior from Infps). I will say that some INFPs do well with keeping their words. Others? Not so much.

    Please explain.
    About 80% of the self-proclaimed INFP's I've met seemed genuinely interested in forming a strong bond but never even make it through the acquaintance stage because they all shared one specific characteristic: "self-obsession".

    You'll notice these type of INFP's from the way they talk only about their pressing issues, and the conversation will never switch to any other topic but themselves. However, I've also met INFP's that were unwilling to talk about their problems at all, and wouldn't even if I pry it out of them. These are the type of INFP's I'm more inclined to get along with.

    Please note that I'm not an exception from the "self-absorbed" bubble that INFP's possess, I'm just self-absorbed in other ways, such as, only doing what makes me happy, regardless of opposing criticism.

    Sincerely,
    skippythecat who loves Infps
    love the person, not the idea.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

  7. #517
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    About 80% of the self-proclaimed INFP's I've met seemed genuinely interested in forming a strong bond but never even make it through the acquaintance stage because they all shared one specific characteristic: "self-obsession".

    You'll notice these type of INFP's from the way they talk only about their pressing issues, and the conversation will never switch to any other topic but themselves. However, I've also met INFP's that were unwilling to talk about their problems at all, and wouldn't even if I pry it out of them. These are the type of INFP's I'm more inclined to get along with.

    Please note that I'm not an exception from the "self-absorbed" bubble that INFP's possess, I'm just self-absorbed in other ways, such as, only doing what makes me happy, regardless of opposing criticism.
    Hmm now that I think about it I do hear it quite common. I have no problem hearing people talk about themselves, at least in that way I can absorb information and file them. This friend has been a friend for 7 years and another infj friend reconfirm that that's just how she is which I was hoping for a new picture of her because it's been 7 years. My new friends I know are willing to share problem and do life with me, and we've been friends for only 2 years.

    love the person, not the idea.
    Hmm the word people did came to my mind...

  8. #518
    an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elocute View Post
    I've had good relations with two INFPs--until my opinions come in. I don't really get it. Some of it is esoteric and probably rooted in the individual, but why do I have to believe in illuminati theories and reptillian DNA when there are no obvious biological markers of such occuring. When I showed one this, he quickly went into how science was inefficient, yet he was using science in some fashion to reference DNA ?

    The other I met on a music site. Great relations until opinions, backed up by reason, were discussed. There was always the "you don't know for sure," yet that could be argued with anything. As I stated, it may just be something of these two and not the general INFP populace. If it is, please explain how and why this arises?
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Sounds like crazy talk to me.

    You'll find weirdo beliefs in any type. A ENTJ family friend of mine believes aliens built the pyramids and all sorts of other silly BS. If Te doms - supposed 'masters of objectivity' - can fall for that shit, any type can.
    My ex boyfriend is an ENTP, I am INFP and we both are very interested in the "Aliens and reptillians BS". Unfortunately, in our view, people who disregard alternative theories, do not question, do not think outside of the box and choose to follow commonly taught beliefs and theories are ridiculous. Maybe it is a xNxP trait, forever interested in the unknown. It is wrong to say I "believe" in conspiracy theories, I choose to give it as much attention and thorough research as I give mainstream news and knowledge. Conspiracy theorists are not lunatic with tin-foiled hats, and there are so many things out there are no longer "conspiracies", but proven reality. Knowledge are to be tested, over a long period of time. Your world could very much be just a "Truman Show" world. I don't disbelieve the revolution theory, but I don't laugh at an absolutely strange theory.

    Lots of INFPs I know are super religious. Many other INFPs, including myself, are absolutely agnostic.

    My current boyfriend is an ISTJ, he's supposed to be logical and settled with the "rational" explanation of the world, right? But he's an agnostic and does not find conspiracy theories and the unknown revolting.

    Types do not really explain everything.
    .
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    .

  9. #519
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    spso
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    My ex boyfriend is an ENTP, I am INFP and we both are very interested in the "Aliens and reptillians BS". Unfortunately, in our view, people who disregard alternative theories, do not question, do not think outside of the box and choose to follow commonly taught beliefs and theories are ridiculous. Maybe it is a xNxP traits, forever interested in the unknown. It is wrong to say I "believe" in conspiracy theories, I choose to give it as much attention and thorough research as I give mainstream news and knowledge. Conspiracy theorists are not lunatic with tin-foiled hats, and there are so many things out there are no longer "conspiracies", but proven reality. Knowledge are to be tested, over a long period of time. Your world could very much be just a "Truman Show" world. I don't disbelieve the revolution theory, but I don't laugh at a absolutely strange theories.

    Lots of INFPs I know are super religious. Many other INFPs, including myself, are absolutely agnostic.

    My current boyfriend is an ISTJ, he's supposed to be logical and settled with the "rational" explanation of the world, right? But he's an agnostic and does not find conspiracy theories and the unknown revolting.

    Types do not really explain everything.
    I like conspiracy theories as well. My favority show of all time is the X-Files. However, I don't know how to accept things such as reptillian creatures. I've seen proponents of this idea use video clips in which the pupil of the "reptillian" appears to conform to a vertically oval shape. This is actually caused by interlace issues; the white of the eye moves, and before the cycle refreshes the new image, you see a "blended" image. Notice that it normally happens on web-cams or older HD recordings; they use interlace far more. This is used a lot to "corroborate" the theory
    .

    If one of its basic premises is a falsification or a miscontruction of reality, why should I give it the same amount of attention as something more likely to be true? I do believe in cryptids, but in their case, they remain pretty much unfalsifiable. With this reptillian eye stuff, it's already been properly discounted. Why would you continue with this idea when such a central part is based off of interlace issues and no current evidence? Icke to me sounds like a fantastic sci-fi novelist.

    I'm an agnostic theist, btw. I don't think it'd be uncommon for ISTJs to be agnostic or not find alternate theories revolting. That would be more akin to an ISTJ who is ignoring their Te, IMO. Te needs to validate or repudiate Si/Ni. Since Si/Ni are impressionistic, they need time to sort out "truth." If he did research and found the interlace issues, lack of cold-blooded featurs and the like, I'd think he'd move on quickly.

    Do you have any actual evidence that coincides with this theory?

  10. #520
    an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elocute View Post
    I like conspiracy theories as well. My favority show of all time is the X-Files. However, I don't know how to accept things such as reptillian creatures. I've seen proponents of this idea use video clips in which the pupil of the "reptillian" appears to conform to a vertically oval shape. This is actually caused by interlace issues; the white of the eye moves, and before the cycle refreshes the new image, you see a "blended" image. Notice that it normally happens on web-cams or older HD recordings; they use interlace far more. This is used a lot to "corroborate" the theory
    .

    If one of its basic premises is a falsification or a miscontruction of reality, why should I give it the same amount of attention as something more likely to be true? I do believe in cryptids, but in their case, they remain pretty much unfalsifiable. With this reptillian eye stuff, it's already been properly discounted. Why would you continue with this idea when such a central part is based off of interlace issues and no current evidence? Icke to me sounds like a fantastic sci-fi novelist.

    I'm an agnostic theist, btw. I don't think it'd be uncommon for ISTJs to be agnostic or not find alternate theories revolting. That would be more akin to an ISTJ who is ignoring their Te, IMO. Te needs to validate or repudiate Si/Ni. Since Si/Ni are impressionistic, they need time to sort out "truth." If he did research and found the interlace issues, lack of cold-blooded featurs and the like, I'd think he'd move on quickly.

    Do you have any actual evidence that coincides with this theory?

    I actually sort of agree with your point.
    Back when my ex ENTP and I were doing our researches, I did find many things that raised doubts and questions; I did not feel settled any more with what had always appeared "more likely to be true" my whole life. But unlike my ex, I, say, doubt everything, I've doubt what I see/hear on the news, and I'd doubt many of the alternative theories I've got exposed to too. My ex, on the other hand, would believe in anything, and this "reptilian eyes" thing was one of the many things we argued about as I found it petty and ridiculous, and he pissed me off on numerous occasions by telling me i was "closed minded". For me, one should leave rooms for doubts, always.

    Extraterrestrial Intelligence I have done extensive research on. Time traveling, worm holes, HAARP and chem-trails, etc I have been exposed to many documented evidences. Assassinations, governmental secrecy, hidden agendas, secret societies, GMOs, cures for cancer and AIDS, human/celebrities sacrifices and so on so forth, for me they're no longer "conspiracies", there are hard proves and evidence. People just don't care enough to gather their own information, the truths get under their skin.

    Different from the ENTP ex, I keep my knowledge to myself and adjust my view of life and living while he enjoys spreading his understandings and "knowledge", sometimes opposing. Let's say, it's like a Buddhist oath, you don't preach what you witness or hear, what you know or believe in, it is in everyone's destiny to seek and pursuit their own truths. So I would usually decline discussing "conspiracy theories" with people who have opposite views. It's like an agnostic/atheist having a conversation about whether or not God is real with a devoted Christian, it leads to no where but destructive arguments.

    And I'm an X-Files fan too, and Mulder is quite an INFP isn't he lol. The shows had several very interesting episodes that are worth dwelling into, while lots were just purely fictional/entertaining.
    .
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    .

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] An INFP's Dilemma or Just Mine?
    By Meursault in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 03:30 PM
  2. Ask an INFP!
    By amandamh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 02:38 PM
  3. [INFP] Ask an INFP
    By taylord in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 12:56 PM
  4. Ask an INFP and receive the ideal answer
    By PeaceBaby in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
  5. [INFP] Completing the Square: How to Spot an INFP
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO