User Tag List

First 394748495051 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Stop with the moral dilemmas already. Don't you know that INFP hate them? We despise lose-lose situations.

*cool pose*

For the sake of hardening a few INFPs with a plausible hypothetical situation or two, I will gladly sacrifice my reputation. I will shoulder ah! *loses balance and trips*

On a more serious note. Which age bracket did you find most 'turbulent', 15-20 or 20-25?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    *cool pose*

For the sake of hardening a few INFPs with a plausible hypothetical situation or two, I will gladly sacrifice my reputation. I will shoulder ah! *loses balance and trips*

On a more serious note. Which age bracket did you find most 'turbulent', 15-20 or 20-25?
    A tough one. Each bracket had their own problem that was difficult to measure. The teenage moodswings appear to have survived through to me being 25 (though dare I say my defiance is more refined) so I can't say it was much harder than it is now. For me 20-25 has been one long quarter-life crisis which has been compounded with a sense of academic inadequacy and a difficulty executing "Operation: Do something with your freaking life before you become too old!" Both have been a major pain in the ass.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    *cool pose*

15-20 for sure. I was not a happy chappy. I was an unhealthy form of both my MBTI and Enneatype. It wasn't pretty.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Riva

INFPs are you empathetic?

I think Fi doms are more value based than empathetic. Fe feels the outside and feels it in the inside. Fi has personal values.

Is that how it works in you folks?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    A tough one. Each bracket had their own problem that was difficult to measure. The teenage moodswings appear to have survived through to me being 25 (though dare I say my defiance is more refined) so I can't say it was much harder than it is now. For me 20-25 has been one long quarter-life crisis which has been compounded with a sense of academic inadequacy and a difficulty executing "Operation: Do something with your freaking life before you become too old!" Both have been a major pain in the ass.
    It's still not too late for that. Where there's a will, there's a way. I believe you will succeed in turning your life around for the better, because I see a great amount of potential in you.

... And I'll stop now before I start sounding too old for my age.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Very much so, at least in my case.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I think Fi doms are more value based than empathetic. Fe feels the outside and feels it in the inside. Fi has personal values.

I would say we're empathetic too but perhaps in a different way to Fe doms/auxs. Sure, a lot of the time I acknowledge the emotions of others in an intellectual manner. I might not feel those emotions myself in response but I can recognise them in another with respect and kindness. OTOH sometimes another person's (internal) emotions can bear down on me so completely that I'm unable to think of anything else, converse normally, or continue what I'm doing - especially if they're negative in nature. I think (although I may be wrong) the Fe brand is more about reflecting the experience of another in themselves; eg. they feel pain in response to seeing another in pain. It's more broad, immediate and clear in nature, and the Fe-ers tend to be better at doing something about it. With Fi you don't respond in pain, you actually feel that person's pain, almost as if it was your own. Someone else described it here at TC once as being like taking another person's head and screwing it onto your own shoulders.

I sometimes think of Fe as emotional mathematics; very, "A + B = C". I don't mean that in a negative way; I just mean the causality is more significant and clear cut. Fi doesn't really work like that. I'm looking at A and B and C individually and wondering what they mean. I don't bother joining the dots because that's both unnecessary and tiresome to me. Fi takes the equation for granted and Fe takes the nature of the individual elements for granted. So perhaps Fe is about implications and Fi is about meaning (actually you could probably say the same thing about Je and Ji) Maybe you could say Fi is empathetic to the meaning and Fe is empathetic to the implications. I don't know, @fidelia, what do you think?

Also, boiling INFPs down to "values" is kinda missing the point. It's like saying Te doms are primarily about organisation. Sure, they like to do engage in that, but it doesn't say much about how they experience the world.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Are these more about Ne or Fi (or something else)?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

*Deleted the message, because the problem is solved. *

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Very much so. More than a lot of people I know. This doesn't make me warm or nurturing though.

IMO, Fi is more naturally empathic than Fe because of funneling everything down to the core concept of what is good/bad/whatever for humans. This allows us to grasp how someone could feel very differently than we would in a given situation or how they may need something quite different, because we actually do see the very abstract connection to the "same" core concept. There is certainly some Ne in this.

I find FJs struggle much more with grasping "foreign feelings" in others, or emotions or values they are unfamiliar with that don't follow a cultural script. They at best may sympathize with a bad/good feeling in someone, being able to recognize how it feels even if not understanding how it arose; but at worst they can become harshly judgmental when they don't think it's the "right" response. They use feelings & emotions in a much more utilitarian manner. So they sometimes just skip empathy & move on to an action to smooth out the feelings/emotions.

Because Fi types are more focused on understanding, and may be content to stop there, we may strangely appear less caring. We empathize deeply, but its results may never surface directly, but perhaps at a later time in the upholding or pursuit of an ideal it helped build. So our feeling activity is in the mind, but IMO, it's much more closely related to standard definitions of empathy than the visible action an FJ may take.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe