User Tag List

First 374546474849 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Neither hard, nor unanswerable. A state of perfection which started with an act of genocide would be no perfection at all. I'd rather stick to taking the long way round and do it right.
    Good point.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Neither hard, nor unanswerable. A state of perfection which started with an act of genocide would be no perfection at all. I'd rather stick to taking the long way round and do it right.
    What if it were the only way to perfection? This question is made difficult to answer as perfection is subjective. Someone who sees a situation where a problem has been neutralised or permamently resolved to be the best state of affair may see the elimination of a problem (by any method) as the way to perfection.

Anew Leaf

The difficulty in answering the question is that it's trying too hard to create a situation that doesn't exist without mental gymnastics and a blatent disregard for how physics works.

I love INFPs. How is inferior Te like for you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    The difficulty in answering the question is that it's trying too hard to create a situation that doesn't exist without mental gymnastics and a blatent disregard for how physics works.
    Ok, how about this? What if the cure of cancer requires a part from an endangered animal that you can't extract without killing the animal?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Ok, how about this? What if the cure of cancer requires a part from an endangered animal that you can't extract without killing the animal?
    Capture animal.

Breed if able to breed. Clone if breeding doesn't work.

Harvest.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Since we're on a trend.

There is a kitten and a puppy in immidiate danger of getting hurt.
    (Let's say a spoon falls from the kitchen table onto the unsuspecting sleeping kitty and the dog is on the last stair, going to plummet down onto the floor)
    You're alone, can not call on anyone to help and only have time to help one of the two cute animals in distress.

Will you make a descision, or will you fail both because you couldn't decide?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I love INFPs. How is inferior Te like for you?
    It's usually a negative thing or a situation usually forces us to use Te. In those cases, it's pretty crap and I could get my head tensed in thinking tasks. I might even do this thing, where I arrogantly act like I 'have all the answers, despite how others may feel about it'. Then I will objectively put down another person, for all his/her flaws, which in most cases I view subjectively and not through a big picture understanding of it.

I think Te is more positive when it couples with Ne. When the person connects patterns of logical sequences and I've heard this is the INFP way of every being 'decent' at Maths, - to positively create an image which elaborates on all the possibilities underlying a situation/principle and to organize trains of these thoughts into logical processes to solving a problem. I think we seek to be 'clear' on things, and sometimes I've noticed my Te goes blunt when I think too deeply into a principle without any awareness of the overall context. That's when I screw up in manifesting it positively.

I've heard that a lot of Te users have the tendency to say something they did was 'good enough'. While on the other hand, I don't know how I would be able to say something I did was 'good enough' if I'm always depreciating my own successes (Eg: "It's good enough... for a dump truck").

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Since we're on a trend.

There is a kitten and a puppy in immediate danger of getting hurt.
    (Let's say a spoon falls from the kitchen table onto the unsuspecting sleeping kitty and the dog is on the last stair, going to plummet down onto the floor)
    You're alone, can not call on anyone to help and only have time to help one of the two cute animals in distress.

Will you make a decision, or will you fail both because you couldn't decide?
    I would go for at least one. It also kind of depends on which one I'm closest to. If I was equidistant from both, I might quickly realize the cat to be sleeping and that the spoon would fall on the cat and it would scream and wake up. Then I might go for the spoon, at that point I would either catch the spoon or miss the spoon and put the cat in even more danger by falling onto it. (but hopefully the latter won't happen).
    I guess the dog would just fall down and get back up again, it is the last stair.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I have a question about a phenomenon which I don't know if it is Fi or something else, so I was curious what people thought. I think this is something that anyone can suffer from, but I was wondering if it was more difficult for Fi. I have noticed that Si can have sensory imprinting, and so wondered if Fi can have emotional imprinting. This may be incorrect since an equivalent phenomenon involving Ti doesn't seem present as far as I can perceive it. Anyway, what do you all think about this experience?

Emotional imprinting:
    People who have been deeply hurt in relationships can sometimes become emotionally imprinted upon. The frames through which they viewed and understood the hurtful partner are brought into new relationships, especially during conflict. They can impose the guilt, behaviors, and assumed responses onto a new person who operates differently. A neutral comment can be understood as an attack, motivations from the hurtful partner are assumed to be felt within the new partner.

This can occur with great complexity as a result of the complexity of the past hurtful partner and the dynamic of the relationships. From what I have seen with friends and family, this tends to surface primarily in conflict and when feelings of vulnerability surface.
    Yeah.. I think this is the characteristic domtert loop for the INFP. I would perceive new situations but in the light of old past feelings, as random details from my environment propagate random possibilities in my head to how things 'will always be'. This discourages me from new events, as these are turned into false rationalizations/motives that I would detect in a brand new environment or situation. These motives are usually against me in some way, and manifest as some sort of paranoia/anxiety.

And I can say certain incidents or people have made it so I can just fall back into a certain state of mind that can allow me to relive this imagery with almost the exact same emotions that connect to that imagery, with the slightest stimuli. And when I say with the exact same emotions, I mean not necessarily the emotions that were there when the said traumatizing experience happened and I reacted to it, but the old emotions that are mainly created by the reviewing part just after the traumatizing past experiences. The situations bring pain, the memories bring more depression/fear. "He is saying that because he means this !" "He said this. He's out to get me isn't he? What else could he possibly mean by that. IT has to be because of this." "He actually held on to that? He didn't let that go? What a bunch of deep seated hatred he has for me" . "He's one of those people ! People like that treat other people like that will never change !"

And btw, I've always thought that would be the same for INTPs? Instead of emotion they would conserve past methods of thinking despite new situations that would require new thinking (Which would be less harmful for the INTPs I reckon, but it might still be there?)
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Are any INFPs into interaction with the physical world, such as interest in sciences (physics, astronomy), or even in sports (basketball, soccer)?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

I think I use it pretty often for an interior function. I'm not sure exactly how this relates to Te, but whenever I have to do a group project, I'm good at listing possible ideas/steps/responsibilities, organizing them, and setting the project into motion. Other than that...I don't really plan anything, haha. When it comes to individual projects of any kind, my Ne takes over completely. Not sure why.