User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    I would like to ask you something because I'm still unsure if I'm one of you or I am an isfp. Is the difference between us our interests? If you could read a book or watch a football game which would you pick? I'd pick the football game as its more ''lively'' and I don't like spending leisure time trying to comprehend complex ideas, as I see leisure time as a time to zone out, even if I can understand perfectly what those ideas are.
    Okay, here a few thoughts statistically (and definitionally) speaking. Keep in mind correlation isn't everything, individual vary, etc ,etc.

• Statistically speaking, there is a strong relationships between preferring intuition and liking to read [MBTI Manual, p189]. In one study Sensors averaged between 4-7 books a year, while Ns averaged 25+ [MBTI Manual, p 189](Doesn't mean that all Ns love to read and all Ss hate to read... and definitely possible to be a football crazy N)
    • Definitionally, extraverts in general prefer more external ("livelier") stimulation, while introverts tend to prefer less stimulation.
    • ISFPS are the type that most prefers to watch TV as a means of coping with stress and more generally as a leisure activity. [MBTI Manual, p238 and p259]. INFPs report preferring writing, art, reading and music as liesure-time activities. (Again, individuals vary.)

Another complicating factor for you might be Ennegram type (if you buy into the Enneagram). For example type e9s (of whatever MBTI type) tend to passively zone out, and e4s often retreat into a melancholy internal fantasy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Also I heard a way to tell S or N is by describing a picture. When I did it I pointed out the details and not make ''impressions''. The trouble is I lack the coordination and am sometimes unaware of my surroundings as I daydream alot (but when I am consciously focusing outward I am quite aware) , this is making me unsure.
    Again, hard to say. ISFPs tend to be the best at remembering details of an emotionally charged picture (much better than other types). INFPs tend to be less detail oriented, and tend gather more general impressions unless some aspect is personally meaningful. ISFPs tend to have a more here-and-now orientation (including tending to be better able to enjoy the present), while INFPs tend to be somewhat more future-oriented. I think both can be spacey and zone out when the things are uninteresting.
    Last edited by Seymour; 06-22-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Dear Infps, how come that everytime I am searching for questions, I never find one ?
    Because, you are actually one of us.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Because, you are actually one of us.

Oh that would be cool, but the last three times I typed myself infp on this forum to get into womans pyjama club went not so well :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFP

Thanks Seymour. I am probably an isfp, but I think we are very similar.

MBTI
    PING

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    Oh that used to bother me so much... it got to a point where I held myself under such strict control lest any of those things happen, that interactions lost all meaning or depth. I was frustrated I could never be myself, and yet I was afraid to be myself.

I'm getting better though... making conscious efforts to use my Ne has helped. Embrace the ridiculous. I've decided, I just am intense. If someone doesn't like it or thinks it out of place, well whatever.
    It's actually interesting, when people expect me to be like this, they just accept it as normal. Really the intensity has only drawn people. Which was shocking at first.
    I think people just look at me and think "She's one of those creative artist people." And then I become acceptable.

(I dyed my hair bright red recently, a sort of exercise in forced extroversion. The reactions have been interesting.)
    I like the point you made about being yourself, otherwise interactions become meaningless because you are filtering too much - definately been there too! You're totally right, just embrace the ridiculous....

Curious...what kind of people has your intensity drawn?? And what kind of reactions have you got to your hair (sounds fab by the way!)?

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post

I don't usually disclose/express, so when I do, my lack of experience shows. Introverts, especially those with weak Fe often have a hard time gauging what/how much they should disclose.

I am currently working retail, and I crash and burn so many times during the day. Well a lot of times I didn't think I did, but a coworker will approach me later and say something like: "YIKES! That was painful!" But the weird jokes and overly personal style often endears me to customers as well. I'm guessing because it makes me appear less scripted and more genuine than most phony salespeople.

What I'm trying to say is that I'd rather have a few, intense and unlikely relationships, than a million predictable and shallow ones.

That being said, I'd still like to minimize the crashing and burning
    Ok so it has to do with having weak Fe....interesting, that sounds about right. I'm always either not disclosing enough or disclosing too much.

I feel like we can be terribly endearing but perhaps to a select audience?? You know what, 'genuine' is a quality that is too often under-rated...I think its terribly appreciated by lots of people and can get you far.

And yes, I can't stand too much shallow and predictable either...gives me the urge to escape or bang my head against a wall or something Which is also socially ridiculous behaviour.....

MBTI
    PING

Do you think you are high maintenance or not? Why?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCait View Post
    Curious...what kind of people has your intensity drawn?? And what kind of reactions have you got to your hair (sounds fab by the way!)?
    People seem to actively want to be around me when I'm like this, talk to me. I always preferred to blend into the background before, so it's kind of a strange experience. It's really weird to be in a group of people and have them hanging on my words, laughing... I've gotten a lot better at not freezing up like I used to.

Previously I could only do this sort of thing if it was just one or two people that I knew well. I also always used to be ultra sensitive to people's reaction when I brought up topics I was interested, if I sensed a hint of disinterest or something I would just clam up. So that's also something I've been working on, just letting myself be intense and enthusiastic about it.
    Many people seem to just get caught up, eyes bright with shared interest. And most of these people don't normally talk about the things I like to talk about, so this has made my interactions with them much more enjoyable for me

I also think being like this helps people not to be intimidated... before, even when I thought I was hiding my intensity I probably didn't do as good a job as I imagined. The things I like to talk about, most the people I know probably associate with 'intellectualness'. I get the idea they can feel out of their depth, but if I open up myself to let them see my enthusiasm and don't worry about appearing silly and ridiculous, it seems to put them at ease.

The red hair? When my mother saw, a month after I dyed it, she told me, 'At least it's starting to fade.' To which I replied, 'I know! Already bought a new bottle of dye.' (which I hadn't... but my mom just pushes my buttons so well) My ESFP sister told me I was 'craaazzzzy' and giggled like mad when my mother walked out...
    My mother-in-law has absolutely refused to say anything about it.
    Lots of people have gushed on saying they love it. I think in a way it's made me more approachable. And there is something incredibly maliciously fun watching people try to squirm out of an opinion when they don't like it.
    Most the SJs I know haven't liked it (A few exceptions of course. ESTJ sister was shocked but likes it. ISFJ brother likes it, but I don't know if I could do anything he wouldn't like... he's a darling like that.)

More than anything it's made me want to do something even more shocking next... people's reactions are so fascinating.

(Oh yea, and my INTP was the one did the deed. He wasn't impressed when I handed him the box of dye )
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CreativeCait View Post
    Do you think you are high maintenance or not? Why?
    I think there was a thread about this somewhere. Can't remember what I said though.

It really depends how the term is defined. In its standard use, probably not. I don't know, I feel like I'd need to ask my husband his opinion. Ok I'm intrigued now, going to ask. (I am anticipating a drawn out process to get a serious answer...) To Be Continued.

EDIT:
    So I asked.
    He says, 'What? No, you're not.'
    "Are you sure?" I ask. "Not even a little bit?"
    He shrugs. "I don't think so."
    "How about emotionally? I can be moody."
    Another shrug. "I don't mind."

So according to my wonderfully verbose INTP, I'm not.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    I think there was a thread about this somewhere. Can't remember what I said though.

It really depends how the term is defined. In its standard use, probably not. I don't know, I feel like I'd need to ask my husband his opinion. Ok I'm intrigued now, going to ask. (I am anticipating a drawn out process to get a serious answer...) To Be Continued.

EDIT:
    So I asked.
    He says, 'What? No, you're not.'
    "Are you sure?" I ask. "Not even a little bit?"
    He shrugs. "I don't think so."
    "How about emotionally? I can be moody."
    Another shrug. "I don't mind."

So according to my wonderfully verbose INTP, I'm not.
    That is such an INTP answer

I am kind of high maintenance, but I try really hard to disguise how needy I am.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I just had a brilliant idea for an infp question !

"Do you think you could answer a question in only ten words ? Cause that would be mandatory for me not getting a headache."
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]