User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

Results 311 to 320 of 529

  1. #311
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Can "Fi explosion" and "premature ejaculation" be brought into relation ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #312
    Senior Member tkae.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Can "Fi explosion" and "premature ejaculation" be brought into relation ?
    No, not really lol

    Fi explosion is more like a hair trigger gun than a premature ejaculation. A small yet significant difference.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

  3. #313
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    No, not really lol

    Fi explosion is more like a hair trigger gun than a premature ejaculation. A small yet significant difference.
    I had said the same, if I was in your position
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #314
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Q: What does the word 'Fi value' mean ? + concrete examples, please.

    Thanks in advance
    The most distrusted person is the person who agree with every word you say.

    When tear dried out, consciousness returned.

  5. #315
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp
    Posts
    9

    Default

    post deleted - sorry, the system accidentally posted twice.
    The most distrusted person is the person who agree with every word you say.

    When tear dried out, consciousness returned.

  6. #316
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illusion View Post
    Q: What does the word 'Fi value' mean ? + concrete examples, please.

    Thanks in advance
    A value assessment is a personal opinion subjective to its wielder. The opposite is a logic assessment, which is an objective statement about something that is empirically proveable. Per definition tho the logic assessment would need to be given by someone without a subjective conciencse. So a human isnt really able, per definition, to make an objective assessment. Regarding humans it would be an objective opinion and that is an antithesis.

    Transferred onto mbti in theory it means that Fi values their values and hold them high. That they exercise the heart over head principle and would send the thief who stole for himself for a longer time into prison than the thief who stole for his hungry family. In praxis the concept is blurry tho. While Fi tend to show a huge inclination sometimes in their words to talk about matters, which objectively make no sense to you at first glance in a course of discussion, but subjectively on second glance is just what intrests them. Or in praxis it shows when Fi people hold deep convictions about things and you dont necessarily understand where the logic is behind all of this. The answer is: because its important to them. In praxis tho too Fi people are capable to make strong logical assessments. In praxis the whole concept becomes blurry and you can only set F apart from T by talking about individual preference (what per definition is a subjective opinion again and basically turns the whole T/F concept into a vicious circle. It is the sole existence of the "objective method", which justifies the distinction of people into T or F at all. Still the question remains, if it is at all possible to be a 100% T per definition, cause that would mean you'ld need to be free of any subjective influence meaning you'ld need to know all the answers to the questions there are in the world right now and take them at face value as facts without interpretation.).
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  7. #317
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    Bump!

    Hey INFPs I have a question, and it might be too vague to answer, and I apologize for that in advance.

    I have a few INFP friends -- though not many -- and I've never really gotten close with any of them. Here's what has almost always happened: they open up to me (a lot!), I listen patiently and gradually define my friendship with them as more of an older- and younger-sibling relationship (not on equal terms), and then when I finally decide to open up to them (just a little!), they get awkward, so I never open up to them again, and they never bring up the exchange again, and it's as if I never opened up to them in the first place. I'm posting here because I have no idea what that's all about!

    It's happened both irl and on the forum, with INFPs. I'll open up in the typical ESTJ style of making oneself vulnerable (i.e. explaining feelings in a very straightforward and deliberate style, 99% devoid of a sense of humor). I'm guessing that it comes across as intense because they're so used to thinking of me as oh so confident, so together, the level-headed one, the one who is so organized when they're so Ne-style disorganized, etc -- and they don't stop to think that maybe there's more to me than that.

    But what I don't understand is: wouldn't INFPs know better than anyone, what to look for in a slow-but-sure Fi reveal? If the INFPs in my life are Fours (and I know a few of them are), wouldn't they know better than anyone that Everyone Has Their Eccentricities That They Hide From Most People Because Most People Don't Understand? :uni:

    Even the ENFPs I've met have been more understanding when I open up (in general), because at the very least they give the "I've been in a similar situation" Fi-comfort response... whereas what I've mostly gotten from INFPs has been "... oh." or "... ahahaha... um..." or "really??" <-- That one really killed me. That was when I was actually showing Fi to them, i.e. showing them a value of mine that I don't consider to be very rational, but that I hold anyway, against my will.* You'd think of all people, an Fi would know not to do that?

    So, like I said, this question is vague and confusing, because it might not just be with INFPs (and might be with other types too), it might be more to do with ESTJ-ness than INFP-ness, and it could have more to do with maturity than the Myers-Briggs. It could also be the Enneagram? though I'm not sure about that either. I'm confused enough about the issue that I can't narrow it down without input -- and INFP input would be perfect.

    Thoughts?


    *ESTJ fact no. 16745: Ambiguity scares us. Values are inherently ambiguous. No matter how dogmatic an ESTJ is, it is guaranteed that, deep inside, they all share that same fear. But we have to live by our values, even though we know they're full of holes and impossible to argue rationally. So if we show our Fi, it's either in a very controlled environment where we know we'll be beyond criticism, or it's in an Fi explosion as a result of a continuous stress/anger buildup.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  8. #318
    Senior Member Ribonuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    257

    Default

    *humbly present a bunny wearing a sunflower bonnet for sacrifice*

    I apologize if this question lacks the levity of previous posts, but here goes:

    In all seriousness, what is the best way to tell an INFP 'no' without hurting their feelings or causing them to push the issue even further?

  9. #319
    RDF
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I have a few INFP friends -- though not many -- and I've never really gotten close with any of them. Here's what has almost always happened: they open up to me (a lot!), I listen patiently and gradually define my friendship with them as more of an older- and younger-sibling relationship (not on equal terms), and then when I finally decide to open up to them (just a little!), they get awkward, so I never open up to them again, and they never bring up the exchange again, and it's as if I never opened up to them in the first place. I'm posting here because I have no idea what that's all about!
    Here is what I'm seeing:

    Your INFP friends open up their personal or inner lives “a lot” for your examination and judgment; and it’s a testimonial to your good judgment and patient treatment that they feel comfortable doing so.

    On the other hand, you only open up to them “just a little,” and when their responses aren’t quite what you would like to hear, you never open up to them again.

    Here’s my analysis: Maybe one small trial isn’t enough. Maybe you need to take the risk of opening up to your INFP friends on a regular basis and letting them get used to it. As they get used to that other side of you--hitherto unknown--perhaps they’ll start appreciating it more and start responding more appropriately.

    It takes courage to open yourself up for the examination and judgment of others. If you get an unappreciative response, you feel burned. But you have to keep opening yourself up anyway, if you ever really want to be appreciated in your entirety, and if you want the relationship to eventually be an equal one.

  10. #320
    RDF
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    *humbly present a bunny wearing a sunflower bonnet for sacrifice*

    I apologize if this question lacks the levity of previous posts, but here goes:

    In all seriousness, what is the best way to tell an INFP 'no' without hurting their feelings or causing them to push the issue even further?
    According to a Te book I read, the proper way to say “no” to any request is to say some variation of “Thank you for considering me for x position, but I’m unavailable.”

    There are two elements there. The first part acknowledges the request and shows that you fully understood what was being offered and that you gave it appropriate thought and consideration. The second part cuts off any further consideration or possibility that you might participate or help. The author of the book said that you shouldn’t temporize and tell people you’ll think about it unless you really think that you might accept the request and just need more time to adjust your schedule.

    I think the second part is important with INFPs. With their open-ended Ne (a brainstorming function), they may have trouble accepting a “no”; they may try to weasel around it or guilt you. So a flat refusal is best.

    If you refuse and they respond by asking why you can’t fit it in, don’t negotiate or apologize. Just thank them again (first element), and then say, “I have a lot going on right now and can’t take on an obligation like that.” If they continue to push, you can alway say, “It’s kind of personal.”

    Again, this particular method isn’t suited for INFPs in particular; it’s really for everyone. Still, I think it’s very appropriate for INFPs. The first element will make them feel that they’ve at least been properly heard out, and the second element will help them to move on quickly rather than lingering on the proposition and trying to weasel or guilt you.

    You can keep your bunny. I’ve eaten rabbit and I don’t like it: Too boney, not enough meat.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] An INFP's Dilemma or Just Mine?
    By Meursault in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 03:30 PM
  2. Ask an INFP!
    By amandamh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 02:38 PM
  3. [INFP] Ask an INFP
    By taylord in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 12:56 PM
  4. Ask an INFP and receive the ideal answer
    By PeaceBaby in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
  5. [INFP] Completing the Square: How to Spot an INFP
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO