User Tag List

First 21293031323341 Last

Results 301 to 310 of 529

  1. #301
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Anime: None, lol. Too NF-y for me.
    Rasofy also said fictional characters in general. Any you relate to strongly, Sat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Haha, yeah... that can be the way we like it to be viewed for awhile... We is like secret ninjas of emotions! (At least we want people to think that way at times. )

    And thanks for the compliment. I think it was just a very INP ramble, lol. NG strikes me as an INTP writer... but he could be INFP. Hmm... I guess I thought he was INTP because his writing comes off as kind of unemotional to me... but I guess an INFP could be that way too. *head explodes with thinking*
    FWIW, I've also seen Gaiman typed as INFJ, which would mean he's got tert Ti. Just sayin'.

  2. #302
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Rasofy also said fictional characters in general. Any you relate to strongly, Sat?

    She wants to date Edward Cullen, but she won't admit!
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  3. #303
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

    She wants to date Edward Cullen, but she won't admit!
    I will require multiple animal photo sacrifices for any future questions, Raosfy. *twitches in seizure*

    Viridian: Rasofy also said fictional characters in general. Any you relate to strongly, Sat?
    Uh.... I honestly can't think of any right now as far as specifics go. I guess just insert [NT] here.

  4. #304
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Question: Which anime character would you date if you had the chance? (If you don't watch animes, you can pick a fictional character)[/IMG]
    I don't like anime....as for fictional characters, I like most of the Jane Austen male heroes. In film, I like the character Jesse in Before Sunrise/Sunset & most John Cusack characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    *eyes shine at adorable t-shirt*

    for me, that is kind of a big deal. I prefer handling things on my own, and life constantly reminds me that I do need other people at times. so if I open up to someone and say I am worried about X, or upset about Y... then it means I trust you, I am comfortable showing my more vulnerable side, and I don't feel the need to always have a front up.

    and don't worry about feeling lame. we are probably far more concerned about looking lame ourselves... I always am concerned I am going to say too much, or be misunderstood, and they are going to think I am a walking basketcase of problems and emotions just waiting to burst forth like blackbirds hiding in a scarecrow in a field of corn in the midwest on a balmy summer night with twinkling stars and maybe some rain.
    I definitely agree with the bolded. Opening up to people in person is generally significant coming from me.
    Last edited by OrangeAppled; 06-21-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typos
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  5. #305
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I don't like anime....as for fictional character, I like most of the Jane Austen male heros. In film, I like the character Jesse in Before Sunrise/Sunset & most John Cusack characters.
    Yes, I was going to say Jane Austen heroes but thought it might sound silly and sentimental. I fancy Mr. Darcy and Captain Wentworth in particular. I also have a thing for Mr Bates on Downton Abbey and most characters that James MacAvoy, Ralph Fiennes, and Clive Owen play (Nazis, psychos and asshole-types aside). Basically, it seems to be NFJs.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  6. #306
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    99

    Default INFP Villains

    INFPs make good hidden villains such as spies, saboteurs, and moles.

  7. #307
    Senior Member BAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Question: Which anime character would you date if you had the chance? (If you don't watch animes, you can pick a fictional character)
    Cat-woman.

  8. #308
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,432

    Default

    If I tend to have small conflicts with an INFP friend -- e.g. with me saying something that I think is reasonable, then her Fi-attacking me (due to being tired/overworked and therefore not in a terribly rational state of mind*), then both of us being fine the next day -- should I start worrying that she'll build up resentment and eventually, at some point in our friendship, give me the Te-bitchslap-doorslam? I know that it's a reasonable worry with INFJs (because they do that), but I don't know how to tell where I stand with this INFP, and I don't know if she's harboring resentment or not -- or if she is, how much resentment she's harboring.

    My point is: how seriously should I take those Fi-explosions?

    *point of clarification: she's not like that all the time.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #309
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If I tend to have small conflicts with an INFP friend -- e.g. with me saying something that I think is reasonable, then her Fi-attacking me (due to being tired/overworked and therefore not in a terribly rational state of mind*), then both of us being fine the next day -- should I start worrying that she'll build up resentment and eventually, at some point in our friendship, give me the Te-bitchslap-doorslam? I know that it's a reasonable worry with INFJs (because they do that), but I don't know how to tell where I stand with this INFP, and I don't know if she's harboring resentment or not -- or if she is, how much resentment she's harboring.

    My point is: how seriously should I take those Fi-explosions?

    *point of clarification: she's not like that all the time.
    Yay! My Thread!

    *puts serious face cap up on face and head*

    I think you should be pretty safe. When I do what you describe there, I am usually pretty secretly embarassed the next day that I "got out of control."

    Serious Fi-plosions that should be noted are when the INFP is mad because of something deeply personal. For example, if you teased her about her hair and she spoke up and said "WTF leave my hair alone!" And you kept doing it, ignoring her hurt feelings... then you would be on the path to Te-Smackdown. But if it's more like she's tired and crabby and you say "Where do you want to go to dinner?" and she snaps back with "Who the fuck cares! Let's just get some dumb hamburger!" It's really nothing to be concerned about.

    I only doorslam people who have run roughshod (on purpose) over me.


  10. #310
    Senior Member tkae.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    If I tend to have small conflicts with an INFP friend -- e.g. with me saying something that I think is reasonable, then her Fi-attacking me (due to being tired/overworked and therefore not in a terribly rational state of mind*), then both of us being fine the next day -- should I start worrying that she'll build up resentment and eventually, at some point in our friendship, give me the Te-bitchslap-doorslam? I know that it's a reasonable worry with INFJs (because they do that), but I don't know how to tell where I stand with this INFP, and I don't know if she's harboring resentment or not -- or if she is, how much resentment she's harboring.

    My point is: how seriously should I take those Fi-explosions?

    *point of clarification: she's not like that all the time.
    It depends on how accurately you're portraying the situations of the Fi explosions.

    It's easy for other types to say that our Fi goes off "irrationally", but that's usually not the case. It's not so much irrational as it is unpredictable, meaning that it's quantum theory to figure out. So if you're just consciously (or unconsciously) accounting for the Fi to try and give it some kind of order, then it could be more significant than you think. But if the INFP admittedly says they're blowing up for no reason, then it's probably nothing.

    Unless they're just saying that, because after I go off on someone I typically say it was my fault or that it was a bad day, to try and make them feel like it wasn't their fault, even if it was.

    So...

    Like with my grandmother. She does stuff that pisses me off all the time. She's like a walking button pusher to me (ESTJ ). So I blow up on her all the time, and we're always fighting. But afterwards, I always take the blame for it because I don't want to her to feel bad, since she doesn't mean to piss me off. And we love each other, and can't help that we're polar opposites.

    I think that's the important thing. If you're genuine with the INFP and care about them, then it would take a whole lot of stuff to make them ever cut you out, and even then they'd still feel something for you, albeit against their will. My dad neglected me for 10 years until I cut him out of my life, and he can still manipulate me if I let him. And trying to keep from letting myself get manipulated still makes me able to be manipulated, so...

    But yeah. Personally, if someone does something that bugs me all the time, it takes a lot for me to tell them, and even then I won't say anything at all depending on my mood. But it's cool you care so much, so just look for the pattern and try to fix anything you think it setting them off.

    And you can test it, I guess. The same sorts of things that I Fi-splode about will get to me no matter what. So just test them when the INFP is in a good mood and if they lose energy or get agitated, then there ya go!
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] An INFP's Dilemma or Just Mine?
    By Meursault in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 03:30 PM
  2. Ask an INFP!
    By amandamh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 02:38 PM
  3. [INFP] Ask an INFP
    By taylord in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 12:56 PM
  4. Ask an INFP and receive the ideal answer
    By PeaceBaby in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
  5. [INFP] Completing the Square: How to Spot an INFP
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO