User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 529

  1. #231
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Do you connect to other people with ease?

    Do you act/express how you feel about others without awkwardness?
    1- I can now. Gee, all it took was being myself! My natural instinct is to be quiet and listen and observe. But in some situations I know that what I really need to be doing is to talk to other people and interact. I like making people feel comfortable around me so I try to figure out what that might be. Some quieter people need me to push them a bit by me being more extraverted... and other quiet people just like the fact that I can sit in silence for hours at a time.

    2- Ugh... lol... no. I feel like I am the Queen of Awkwardness when it comes to expressing my feelings to someone initially. I can read people very well, but when I need to read someone in relation to myself... the whole system falls apart.

    Once I get over the initial expressing... and the other person doesn't freak out on me, or withdraw, or say "oh... that's.... nice......" Then I am just fine with expressing how I feel. It's just that initial expression that is so difficult and awkward.

    If I get asked by someone "how do you feel about me?" I will be very careful in responding to that person, and to a lot of Fe-users/doms... the response can be "disappointing" to them.

    Guy: So... how do you feel about me?
    My Thoughts: Gah, what don't I feel about you? I've writen 27 sonnets about your eyes in the past week alone!
    Me: Um..... I..... uh...... like..... you........ (and if I am feeling really brave) a..... lot....
    Guy with Fe: Oh.... ok.... That's.... "nice"
    Me: (*face hits desk in exasperation*)

    However, being able to just say that gives me maneuverability in case I find out that the guy isn't actually interested in me for a relationship... he just wants a friend. If I come out and say "I adore you!!!!1111" and he goes... "uh yeah, I was just gonna ask that you be a bridesmaid in my wedding...." Then we have an even more awkward situation.

    Wow, this entire response feels rather awkward. I am gonna go exit stage left now....

  2. #232
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    In summation, there is a 34% chance I would execute this person, 66% chance I would allow them to live in a prison for the remainder of their days. Things that would sway judgement in either case would be details on the cases. Were these people killed quickly? Or were their deaths dragged out? Etc.
    Wow, I'd gladly vote on you. Your answers really surprised me, in a good way.I was expecting a lot of ''But he is a human!'' kind of answers. You cute little INFPs can be very pragmatic.
    I have far more "sympathy" for people who kill someone else in the heat of the moment. The guy who comes home and finds his wife in bed with someone else - he snaps - kills them -- That I can understand. The guy who stalks his carefully chosen victim for 6 months, then spends 5 days slowly peeling her skin off... I don't get that at all.
    Couldn't agree more.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  3. #233
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

    INFP + INFP RELATIONSHIP = NO.


    I went on one date with 2 different INFPs... One of them was into MBTI and was so delighted to tell me we were both INFPs. Then he proceeded to tell me that I could be the "man" in the relationship. Uh, what? I am sorry I did not sign up to pee standing up in this relationship. The other guy... I felt like I was on a date with my brother. (And I am an only child.)

    This was my experience with an INFP date....I felt like his big sis. It didn't help that I was a few years older (and in your 20s that makes a difference).

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Hey INFPs. Imagine you are a leader and you have to decide the destiny of a serial killer. He killed more than 30 people and he had pleasure doing that.
    Life sentence in prison, solitary confinement. Human life is more valuable than whatever cost that requires. I don't believe in the death penalty either; IMO, it's not another person's right to decide if another human lives or not, and the government is just people, after all. Plus, the risk of putting an innocent person to death for a crime they did not commit is not one that should be taken, IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Questions:
    1) Are you cognizant and accepting of what you really want? Moreso than FJs?

    I can't compare myself to FJs. I'm not in their heads. I am very aware of what I want. I accept it in the sense that I don't do self-denial much, but that doesn't mean I act on what I want. I differentiate between emotional desire, rationally determined needs, and what I've deemed morally acceptable. Emotional desires don't override the other two.

    2) Have you ever had issues with guilt and/or shame?
    Honestly....not that much. I'm such a "think before I act" kind that even when I go against what I think is ultimately right, I've already justified so much that I can never regret it.

    If I've had shame, then it's the kind born out of social awkwardness, feeling deficient in some way, often because I can't relate to others. On a few occasions when I've blown my top & it was uncalled for, then I felt shame for being so petty, but not any long lasting, lingering kind. I just apologize & move on.

    3) How hesitant are you about voicing your opinions? Why?
    I'm not that hesitant, but not that forthcoming. I weigh my own purpose for voicing it & what affect it will likely have. If it will be nothing but disruptive, then why bother? If it's disruptive but has some potential benefit, then I may take that chance. I can be quite outspoken & blunt at times, not afraid to be the voice of dissent. I've actually mellowed with age, realizing the whole "there's a time & a place" adage is true, and that you can disagree without seeming hostile.

    4) Do you desire to win the approval of others?
    No....in fact, I think little about it. This strikes me as very so instinctual subtype though (after browsing the recent "you know you're an so" thread - some foreign stuff in there!). I'm a 4w5 sp/sx, and very much an independent, lone wolf type. My motivation has always been meeting my own potential, my own needs, and asserting my uniqueness. What other people think tends to be bottom rung. I think the last time such thoughts plagued me was middle school.....


    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Do you connect to other people with ease?

    Do you act/express how you feel about others without awkwardness?
    No, I don't connect easily with others. Exactly the opposite....my whole life I felt alienated from others, unable to connect or relate. I know now that I can connect, but it's special & unusual for me.

    I have a very hard time expressing my feelings about other people. Family complains I never say "I love you" or much of anything in that way. My INFJ has noted this also, & he has to prod me to get feedback on how I feel about him & the relationship. I feel incredible vulnerable & awkward to express how I feel. Every word that exists to express such feelings suddenly will seem cheap & shallow, not adequate to express exactly what I feel, and I'd rather stay quiet than come off cheesy or cliche or in some way that is not true to what I feel.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  4. #234
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    That's why i said ''efficient'', you can't please everybody in those situations. ''Efficient'', in my view, would be the way that the expectancy of innocent people killed is minimal, a proper punishment is ensured, and people don't have to fund the maintenance of a parasite.

    Well, but something must be done about them, right? I also take in consideration that life in prison can be worse than death, but it's more of a rationalization to justify the means.
    I'm just exposing my opinions, feel free to disagree. I hope you guys and gals aren't taking this personal, this is just a simulation.
    I'm not taking it too seriously. Just thought that this way you'll get what you were asking, a Fi way of throwing the question around. At the moment I haven't got any passion for this question one way or another because I am not in a position to make any decisions about it, and it doesn't seem too relevant to me anyhows. But, I can see how it could be relevant. And from that point of view I would definitely argue that the money spent on prisoners is not an argument at all. If we wanted we could drop the amount of prisoners way down. We should see how many of the prisoners could be brought safely back into the society. I'm sure it is a lot. In my country a financial criminal can get a longer sentence than a rapist, for example. This isn't about justice, this is about punishment. I don't think that revenge should be something so integral in the legal system. Priority should be about curing people and adjusting the system in ways that make it less likely for people to need to commit crime. If we did this, there would be so much more money available that keeping serial killers jailed indefinitely wouldn't be a problem at all.

    EDIT: I guess I should explain why I don't like the idea that imprisonment is so often about revenge. If you think of people who you trust, or groups you trust, they are never the kind that show hatred towards you. So, when a society uses revenge, it is being hateful towards the criminal. This leads to the criminal not trusting the society in the future. Of course it is possible that he wouldn't trust it in any case, but the main concern should be that the society should not encourage division within itself. It should try to keep the trust of as many people as possible. This means also that the laws will have to be enforced, because otherwise the society would lose the trust of the law-abiding citizens. But, laws can be enforced equally without hating being part of it.

    If a society creates such a condition that criminals are encouraged to fight against society and are provided a nice forum to practice their criminal activities with like-minded individuals, how is this helping the society?

  5. #235
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I'm not taking it too seriously. Just thought that this way you'll get what you were asking, a Fi way of throwing the question around. At the moment I haven't got any passion for this question one way or another because I am not in a position to make any decisions about it, and it doesn't seem too relevant to me anyhows. But, I can see how it could be relevant. And from that point of view I would definitely argue that the money spent on prisoners is not an argument at all. If we wanted we could drop the amount of prisoners way down. We should see how many of the prisoners could be brought safely back into the society. I'm sure it is a lot. In my country a financial criminal can get a longer sentence than a rapist, for example. This isn't about justice, this is about punishment. I don't think that revenge should be something so integral in the legal system. Priority should be about curing people and adjusting the system in ways that make it less likely for people to need to commit crime. If we did this, there would be so much more money available that keeping serial killers jailed indefinitely wouldn't be a problem at all.

    EDIT: I guess I should explain why I don't like the idea that imprisonment is so often about revenge. If you think of people who you trust, or groups you trust, they are never the kind that show hatred towards you. So, when a society uses revenge, it is being hateful towards the criminal. This leads to the criminal not trusting the society in the future. Of course it is possible that he wouldn't trust it in any case, but the main concern should be that the society should not encourage division within itself. It should try to keep the trust of as many people as possible. This means also that the laws will have to be enforced, because otherwise the society would lose the trust of the law-abiding citizens. But, laws can be enforced equally without hating being part of it.
    You have interesting points. And I wouldn't want all the criminals killed, I just don't think it's reasonable to value the life of someone who doesn't value other people's. I don't think society should be wasting any cent on this kind of people. There are many many more important things to invest on. We won't be reaching a consensus on that though.

    If a society creates such a condition that criminals are encouraged to fight against society and are provided a nice forum to practice their criminal activities with like-minded individuals, how is this helping the society?
    Agreed, the prison system in general is broken, only serving for punishment purposes.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  6. #236
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    And I wouldn't want all the criminals killed, I just don't think it's reasonable to value the life of someone who doesn't value other people's.
    Well, if I value freedom of speech, I will have to admit an argument against freedom of speech, right? Just because someone doesn't value what I value doesn't mean that I can now make exceptions of my values concerning them.

    EDIT: BTW, by your logic someone could say that since the government approves death penalty, they don't value life, so we can kill them. Where does it stop?

    EDIT 2: On the other hand, if we took that far enough... if there was a global principle that says "Anyone who kills another person for whatever reason, should be killed" and this would create a chain reaction, soon we wouldn't have any violent people on earth! Ha!

  7. #237
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    EDIT: BTW, by your logic someone could say that since the government approves death penalty, they don't value life, so we can kill them. Where does it stop?
    Yes, and we can kill everybody that elected them as well. Heh, just kidding.
    It's not ''they don't value life'', the correct is ''they don't value life of people that don't value life'', it changes everything. :steam:

    EDIT 2: On the other hand, if we took that far enough... if there was a global principle that says "Anyone who kills another person for whatever reason, should be killed" and this would create a chain reaction, soon we wouldn't have any violent people on earth! Ha!
    We can only dream. But I think there should be an exception for the called ''crimes of passion'', these are people that may value people's lives (unlike serial killers).
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  8. #238
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Well, if I value freedom of speech, I will have to admit an argument against freedom of speech, right? Just because someone doesn't value what I value doesn't mean that I can now make exceptions of my values concerning them.

    EDIT: BTW, by your logic someone could say that since the government approves death penalty, they don't value life, so we can kill them. Where does it stop?
    EDIT 2: On the other hand, if we took that far enough... if there was a global principle that says "Anyone who kills another person for whatever reason, should be killed" and this would create a chain reaction, soon we wouldn't have any violent people on earth! Ha!
    I would counter with the idea that the death penalty for certain crimes does in fact value life.

    I don't think killing anyone should be taken lightly, and I am not convinced that it is the best course of action in every situation.

    But this is an imperfect world and we are imperfect beings. And as such imperfect solutions are sometimes what we have to contend with.

  9. #239
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I would counter with the idea that the death penalty for certain crimes does in fact value life.
    In a way it might, yeah. I still would like to rather have a society that doesn't claim the right to end anyone's life against their will. I guess it is either my individualism, or my certain mistrust of authorities. I have toyed with an idea of having serial killers locked up for life in a cell where they have this machine very much like those photo automates where you put your face in the crosshairs and press a button. But this machine would have a gun in it. That way the society would not sentence people to death. I'm sure many would kill themselves.

    One thing that would bother me even more. A society that claims the right to end someone's life, but considers suicide illegal. That would mean that you are ultimately own by them.

  10. #240
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Our bodies may be enslaved by this world, but they can never have our souls!

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] An INFP's Dilemma or Just Mine?
    By Meursault in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 03:30 PM
  2. Ask an INFP!
    By amandamh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 02:38 PM
  3. [INFP] Ask an INFP
    By taylord in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 12:56 PM
  4. Ask an INFP and receive the ideal answer
    By PeaceBaby in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
  5. [INFP] Completing the Square: How to Spot an INFP
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO