User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I want to know how often, in your personal life with very close friends and family, people have made the comment that you talk too much and wont shut the hell up? Any INFP's relate?
    haha... when I was younger yes. 1st grade my teacher would draw a box on the blackboard and call it the "chatter box." My name got put in there a lot... so much so that I was told I needed to just simply be silent. So I learned not to talk as much.

Now, my default mode is to be pretty quiet... but I can definitely bring out the Ne and get chatty. It's usually a good sign that I like someone a lot and enjoy their company if I am in chatty mode. I find them interesting and fun and I am excited and enthusiastic to learn more about them!

ReflecTcelfeR

What does an INFP-INFP friendship usually look like? Are INFP's attracted to each other?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    What does an INFP-INFP friendship usually look like? Are INFP's attracted to each other?

INFP + INFP RELATIONSHIP = NO.

I went on one date with 2 different INFPs... One of them was into MBTI and was so delighted to tell me we were both INFPs. Then he proceeded to tell me that I could be the "man" in the relationship. Uh, what? I am sorry I did not sign up to pee standing up in this relationship. The other guy... I felt like I was on a date with my brother. (And I am an only child.)

INFP + INFP FRIENDSHIP = Awesome!

My bestest friend in ze whole wide world is an INFP. I've known her since I was 15. We just GET each other on every level. If I need a pep talk she is there for me. If I need to cry about some dumb thing I did she is there.

I have another INFP friend from high-school that lives in Canada. He is even funnier than I am. *grumbles a bit*

I just recently got in contact with another INFP buddy from highschool as well... I haven't seen him in years! I am very excited to meet him and his wife this summer.

ReflecTcelfeR

That would be awkward. Hm... The dynamics for a friendship sounds fun though. I doubt many can be funnier than you, that's a tough goal to reach.

MBTI
    IsFJ

1) When do you clash with INFJs and ENFPs?

2) What traits are different from yours in other INFPs you've met?

Have a Corgi!

My experience has been rather different from Saturned's. My last relationship was with an INFP and it was the most epic love affair of my life. Granted it was the only epic love affair of my life so I don't exactly have much to compare it to, but still.

Anyway, the mutual passivity was a problem--a severe one--but I've never shared that sort of intellectual and emotional resonance with anyone else. Was it a good thing? It could be. It was also wretched on more than one occasion. It was, in any case, always astounding.

I've never been close friends with any other INFPs I can think of. My best friend growing up was an ambivert NFP but I think ENFP fits her better than INFP. Within the NF family, I'm most likely to be gathered by INFJs and ENFJs. Those people have a special talent for sniffing me out and scooping me up. Outside of that, I mainly have ISTJ, INTJ and INTP friends.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hm, I wonder why your experience is completely the opposite from Saturned? I think the whole affirming "You're the man in the relationship." probably never helps.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    1) When do you clash with INFJs and ENFPs?
    ENFPs - when they go into Te mode. When this happens I've known them to become extremely stubborn, demanding, and there is no reasoning with them.
    INFJs - I don't know many, and the ones I do, I don't tend to clash with. However, it might just be a case of simply not spending enough time around them to get sufficiently annoyed.

2) What traits are different from yours in other INFPs you've met?
    I haven't met many INFPs either. I'm more talkative and opinionated I suppose. Perhaps, also less pliant than some.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

What is the projection of reaction in the negatory sense of feeling emotionally hurt?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

What color is your butt?
    I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY