User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Lol! This reminds me of my relationship with my ex (INFP) <3. He did get suuuper irritated when I would bug him about handling bills and stuff like that. Oopsies !!! That was his main issue with me....my issue with him was that he was reallllly overprotective of me and he would also get jealous when I talk to other people (friends...even friends that were girls). Are all INFP's overprotective when it comes to their loved ones? Do you think ENFJ and INFP make a good love match?

INFP and jealousy:
    I don't get jealous very easily. If I do, it's either one of two things: 1- I am feeling insecure or 2- something is going on. My ENFP ex would talk to his ex-gf for hours about sex, and she would tell him all about her current sex life with her new guy. Result: I was jealous and mad. My ENTP ex had a best friend who was a girl, and there was nothing between them sexually - but when she was drunk she would kiss him. Result: I was jealous and mad.

If I sense that someone is trying to play a game with me to get me jealous, then I almost always shut down behind my Te wall and refuse to play. I am not interested in competing for someone. If a guy I am interested in, finds me interesting too, awesome. If not.... not much I can do about it*. (* Other than write horrible poetry secretly dedicated to him as I sob whilst listening to "Pictures of You" by the Cure.)

INFPs and Overprotectiveness:
    I dunno. I haven't dated since I upgraded my INFP OS to the new 4.0 software. I used to be at times - although I never cared if my guy went out with his friends or talked to them.... too often I was the one trying to push them out the door. "No REALLY go out with your friends!" = "Thank god, a night to myself to cry over some movie wearing grubby pajamas."

ENFJ + INFP: Honestly, I think any type can be with any other type since it's an art not a science. Two of my married friends are ENFJ + INFP. They get along very well but there are definitely a lot of pitfalls that could be "easily" solved. She is always worried he doesn't love her anymore because he doesn't want to spend alone time with her enough, or he doesn't hug her when he first gets home, or he isn't expressive enough.... And I can tell with him he's annoyed that she demands he hug her when he first gets home from work, and that he say ILU in front of a large group of people. I sympathize with both.

For me personally..... I, uh, no. I likes NT types over NF. I need someone who is calm and will help give me a different perspective.... not someone who will cheerfully want to jump off of a cliff with me because I am feeling emo.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    1) I've heard it mentioned that INFP's can be difficult to read, leading into a poker face. How true is this?
    I'm not difficult to read as in a poker face, blank and expressionless thing. Its more of a problem of people misreading my emotional state and projecting all sorts of other emotions on to me. So I guess I can be difficult to read accurately.

2) How easy are you to excite and does this enthuse those around you?
    Hmmm. I was inclined to say yes but had a rethink because others would very much disagree. Most of the details in life that people talk about aren't terribly exciting to me. However, I spark into life easily when you talk about things that genuinely interest me: psychology, history, philosophical questions, ideas and theories, interesting scientific advancements, good music, film and the arts etc

3) Do you find yourself butting into others business if one of your values is violated?
    Not very often. Usually I just grin and bear it. Sometimes a more passive defense of a value is enough, especially when fighting for it won't change anything. I am required to take a more active approach if someone is being hurt by my lack of action. For example, members of my extended family frequently say racist things which very much offends my beliefs. I usually just roll my eyes because berating them for it is pointless; it just causes unnecessary conflict and they are never going to change. However, if I caught them saying racist things to someone, I wouldn't care in the slightest about causing conflict and have no problem with butting in.

4) How many of you are socially extroverted? (getting away from the cog here..) Do you regularly start up convo's with strangers? (I've noticed that if I am waiting somewhere, and someone else is also waiting, it is just unbearable to sit there awkwardly without atleast a little chit-chat, and I almost always initiate this.. but then tend to do more listening that talking once we get into it).. Do you regularly comment on ones appearance.. (like If i notice the chick at the grocery store dyed her hair.. I am compellted to comment on it)
    I do chit-chat with strangers at times. This sort of thing is extremely central to my national culture so I feel compelled to out of politeness. In most cases I don't actually want to talk to them (its nothing personal, I just want to be left alone) and really only do the bare minimum, spinning as few platitudes and inane comments about the weather as necessary. However, if I'm not in the mood (which is often) I will attempt to exert a "don't f*cking talk to me!" aura and hope people get the hint. Remarks about personal appearance are beyond the scope of basic social expectations, so no, I don't bring that up.

5) Would you feel comfortable ordering for someone you know fairly well?
    Not sure what you mean here. I could very easily order meals in a restaurant for my immediate family, because I know their tastes so well but I wouldn't unless they asked me to.

6) How comfortable are you with showing others your moody down-times? Do you hide this from even close friends, waiting until you feel happier to socially engage?
    Typically I only show my irritable side around my family and even then I try to spare them the full brunt of it. If I let people know the full extent and frequency of my bad moods, no one would ever want to be around me . Anyway I think it best to keep passing emotions to oneself. As for when I'm sad or depressed, I rarely show that to anyone.

(I feel tremendous pressure to be high-energy, exciting, and entertaining in groups. I do not like having people over to my house with out a myriad of options to entertain us, or a plan to go out and be entertained. Do you relate?)
    No, not at all. Either people enjoy my company and what I have to offer or they don't. I'm not going to go to great lengths to please them.

7) Do you prefer that another person tries to get to know you? Or are you comfortable taking the role of getting to know them? Do you feel awkward asking someone personal questions if you've just met them?
    I think getting to know someone is something that comes indirectly as a result of natural conversation flow, rather than an objective you try to reach. I tend to avoid personal questions with even close friends. I usually talk around the sensitive subject and if they bring it up I will go with it but if they don't, I'll leave it. I'd rather restrain my curiosity, than ask questions that will potentially make them feel uncomfortable.

8) Say you are somewhere new with new people and your a bit uncomfortable. Do you find yourself needing to be in some sort of action, rather than just sitting there quietly?
    YES! When I'm at parties etc where I don't know many people, I hover by the food table, peer at the host's book/CD/DVD collections or look at the pictures on the wall. Playing with the kids is something I often fall into also. I like to be kept busy because I feel rather awkward and/or the general conversation isn't enough to sustain my interest.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Hey INFPs.
    Question: On the professional aspect, do you think you are following the path you want?
    A late offer. Should be enough to satiate you (for now).
    Last edited by Rasofy; 05-24-2011 at 01:40 AM.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Hey INFPs.
    Question: On the professional aspect, do you think you are following the path you want?
    Uteness-kay acrifice-say, dude.

Just sayin'.

Anew Leaf

Hey INFPs.
    Since you are an INTP I shall waive (one time) the "sacrificial animal photo requirement."

Currently I think I am on the main road that will eventually dissolve into the myriad of trails and happenstances that will create the path I should be on professionally.

I want to be a writer... or a therapist... or a star.... Somewhere in the Pleaides would be sublime.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't have a question but you infp people are craaazay! so so honest...and open...and craaazay
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't have a question but you infp people are craaazay! so so honest...and open...and craaazay
    we kinda are... which is why we normally are NOT open and honest with people. When I am it's like holding up a giant sign of: "Hai2u, u iz sum kind of awesum."

But these have been easy questions so they don't trigger my Te shield or SP security system. Anything I saw in this thread that did, I was like... yeah.... moving onwards....

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Since you are an INTP I shall waive (one time) the "sacrificial animal photo requirement."
    Oh, now i get it! Hadn't understand Viridian's code. How could I forget you INFPs are so bloodthirsty.
    Thanks for the INTP exception. I will try to remember next time, Ms Saturned.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Currently I think I am on the main road that will eventually dissolve into the myriad of trails and happenstances that will create the path I should be on professionally.

I want to be a writer... or a therapist... or a star.... Somewhere in the Pleaides would be sublime.
    Is that a yes? (this question is rethorical, for sarcastic purposes only)
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Hey INFPs.
    Well, I've been published once, I've got a music scholarship, possibly as the assistant principal of my section, and that means I have a somewhat steady paycheck plus some proof of abilities at writing...

...I'm not entirely sure what path I want to be on, though. But I'm on a path, which is what I want, so I guess it's the path I want to be on.

If that makes sense?

It's a path that doesn't lead to a cardboard box in a back alley, and it's requiring minimal effort since I'm really just living life opportunistically with a jaded desire to express my inner world through writing and stories coming somewhat to fruition...

I don't worry about things like "paths" and "professions", I just live life in the confines of my oyster shell, poking out every now and then to remember why the outside world is disenchanting.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I want to know how often, in your personal life with very close friends and family, people have made the comment that you talk too much and wont shut the hell up? Any INFP's relate?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts